• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for the Recipe of These Cookies

In summary, the recipe for these cookies is the spritz cookies rolled out and it can be used with any sugar cookie recipe. The recipe calls for almonds, flour, cinnamon, salt, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, egg yolks, lemon zest, confectioners' sugar, and raspberry or black currant preserves or jam. The cookies are baked for 12-14 minutes and can be stored in an airtight container.
ilovpc
Gold Member
Do you know where I can find the recipe for these cookies?:D Or do you have it and willing to share with me? I don't even know the name of these cookies, but here is a picture.:chef:

Thank you,

Attachments

• Cookies.jpg
    Cookies.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 392
I think it's actually the spritz cookies rolled out! But it would work with any sugar cookie recipe.You would use the biscuit cutters and cut the round, then a smaller cutter to cut the stars/ hearts out of half. Bake, then sandwich with preserves after they cool!

They're called Linzer cookies, or windowpane cookies 1 cup (110 grams) blanched or sliced almonds
2 cups (260 grams) all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (227 grams) (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup (135 grams) granulated white sugar, divided
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large (40 grams) egg yolks
Zest of 1 lemon (outer yellow skin of lemon)
Confectioners' (Icing or Powdered) Sugar for dusting
1/2 cup (120 ml) Raspberry or Black Currant Preserves or Jam (can use other flavored preserves or jam) [some recipes use crushed jolly rancher candies - when they warm up, they melt into a pane of "candy" glass]Linzer Cookies: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place rack in the center of the oven. Place the almonds on a baking sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes (or until lightly browned and fragrant). Once the nuts have cooled, place in a food processor and process with 1/4 cup (50 grams) of the sugar from the recipe until finely ground. In a separate bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, cinnamon, and salt. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy (approximately 3 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract, egg yolks, and lemon zest. Beat in the ground nuts. Add the flour mixture beating just until incorporated. Divide the dough in half and shape into two rectangles about 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) thick. Wrap the two rectangles of dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm (at least one hour and up to several days).Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.Remove one rectangle of dough from the refrigerator. On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 inch (1 cm) thick. Using a 2 to 3 inch (5 to 7.5 cm) cookie cutter (round, square, heart, etc.) cut out the dough. Place the cookies about 1 inch (2.54 cm) apart on the prepared baking sheet. Use a smaller cookie cutter (3/4 - 1 inch) (2.5 cm) to cut out the centers of half of the cookies on the baking sheet. (You will be sandwiching two cookies together and there will be a small 'window or cut out' in the top cookie so you can see the jam underneath.)Reroll any scraps and cut out the cookies. Remove the other half of the dough from the refrigerator and roll and cut out the rest of the cookies. Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until they are very lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.While the cookies are cooling place the raspberry jam in a small saucepan and heat gently until it has thickened slightly. Strain if there are any lumps in the jam. Let cool.To Assemble Cookies: Place the cookies with the cut-outs on a wire rack and lightly dust the tops with the confectioners' (powdered or icing) sugar.On the bottom surface of the full cookie (top of cookie will face out) spread with about a 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of jam. Place the cut-out cookie on top and gently sandwich them together, making sure not to smug the confectioners' sugar. Using a small spoon, fill the cut-out with a little more jam.Note: You can store the unassembled cookies in the refrigerator for several days in an airtight container. It is best, though, to assemble the cookies the same day as serving in order to keep the cookies crisp..Makes about 20 - 2 inch (5 cm) sandwiched cookies.Read more: Linzer Cookies Recipe With Picture - Joyofbaking.com *Tested Recipe*

Thanks Scott! I thought this will be a PC recipe and easier to do. But this recipe sounds good, lot of work, though. I might try it. I am not a baker, but I need to make something for a Bake Sale at work.

mountainmama74 said:
I think it's actually the spritz cookies rolled out! But it would work with any sugar cookie recipe.

You would use the biscuit cutters and cut the round, then a smaller cutter to cut the stars/ hearts out of half. Bake, then sandwich with preserves after they cool!

This way sounds a lot easier to do :D
Thanks!

You can use the creative cutters set for the stars/hearts or whatever shape you'd like in the center top cookie.

What is the recipe for these cookies?

The recipe for these cookies is a secret proprietary blend that is exclusive to Pampered Chef. However, we can assure you that they are made with high-quality ingredients and are sure to be delicious!

Do you have a gluten-free version of this cookie recipe?

Yes, we do offer a gluten-free version of this cookie recipe. You can find it on our website or in our catalog. We strive to accommodate different dietary needs and preferences for all of our customers.

Can I substitute any ingredients in this cookie recipe?

While we recommend following the recipe exactly for the best results, you can certainly make substitutions if needed. Just keep in mind that it may alter the taste and texture of the cookies slightly. We also have alternative ingredient suggestions listed in our recipe book.

How long do I bake these cookies for?

The baking time may vary depending on your oven and the size of the cookies. However, we typically recommend baking them for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also use the toothpick test to check for doneness.

Can I freeze these cookies?

Yes, these cookies can be frozen for later enjoyment. Allow them to cool completely before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just thaw them at room temperature before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tracie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • 1PamperedMommy