• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

White Chocolate Covered Strawberries

it was so hard to get the consistency right so that it didn't turn into play-dough. He actually put the chocolate in a metal bowl and set it on a pan of really low heat (like a simmer) and then slowly poured the melted white chocolate over the bowl so that it would slowly flow over the bowl and not drip. I think that is the way to do it.
cookn' katie
Does anyone have a recipe or have tried the Chocolate Covered Strawberries, but using White Chocolate. I wanted to make White Cho and drizzle pink dyed white chocolate over them for a HWC FR. Can you even dye white chocolate? Help!! Thanks

you cant really die white choc but there are special chocolates out there that are already colored. you can find them at walmart or most craft stores where they have baking isles. i work in a chocolate store and we attempted to die our white chocolate and it turns into playdough almost

if you dont want to take away from the white chocolate flavor you can add the pink choco chips from the store, to your choco and it will change the color but the food coloring, if thats what you were thinking of using, will not work.

the dark chocolate on strawberries with pink drizzle looks nice too and the pink stands out more JMO

Michaels has the different colored chocolate melts. I use them all of the time for different things.

Just a side note...you can serve them up in the Chillzanne Rectangle Server! :) Keeps them cool...

I have added food coloring to white chocolate chips (melted) in a double broiler before, along w/ a little heavy whipping cream and a little butter. I got it to work, but I find that white chocolate is difficult to mess with... it's hard to get the consistency to turn out right. I did red and green white chocolate dipped pretzels last year around christmas.

You could also use white chocolate and use pink sprinkles over top. (I did this with red and green sprinkles last Christmas.)

cookn' katie said:
Does anyone have a recipe or have tried the Chocolate Covered Strawberries, but using White Chocolate. I wanted to make White Cho and drizzle pink dyed white chocolate over them for a HWC FR. Can you even dye white chocolate? Help!! Thanks

You can dye white chocolate but it has to be with the special coloring sold at Michaels by the chocolate candy molds and stuff.

jbachen said:
You could also use white chocolate and use pink sprinkles over top. (I did this with red and green sprinkles last Christmas.)

This sounds like a great idea! Much easier and will probably look much nicer then having to deal with the extra chocolate coloring and stuff.

Adding liquid food coloring will cause the chocolate to sieze up... get clumpy. It's true with the real stuff (though technically white chocolate doesn't have chocolate in it, just cocoa butter, milk solids and sugar). I have found using (oh don't know if a chef can admit this...) a little raspberry kool-aid (dry powder) mixed in makes a great color and adds some good flavor too. Okay so you caught me! :blushing: I use kool-aid sometimes. White chocolate burns pretty easily so keep the temperature pretty low melting on a double boiler. The colored wilton candy melts are more tolerant of a higher heat (what everybody is calling colored white chocolate) because they have added wax. White chocolate will have a smoother taste, just be sure to not scortch it.

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
Adding liquid food coloring will cause the chocolate to sieze up... get clumpy. It's true with the real stuff (though technically white chocolate doesn't have chocolate in it, just cocoa butter, milk solids and sugar). I have found using (oh don't know if a chef can admit this...) a little raspberry kool-aid (dry powder) mixed in makes a great color and adds some good flavor too. Okay so you caught me! :blushing: I use kool-aid sometimes. White chocolate burns pretty easily so keep the temperature pretty low melting on a double boiler. The colored wilton candy melts are more tolerant of a higher heat (what everybody is calling colored white chocolate) because they have added wax. White chocolate will have a smoother taste, just be sure to not scortch it.
Don't MANY chefs do things like this? Things that the ordinary public are just stumped by, and we think are so hard, many times professional chef's do some pretty simple things that people just think they would never do! Professional chefs make know how to do almost everything in the kitchen but it doesn't mean they always do things that are so hard, I'm sure they like it easy too! I think Kool-aid is a brilliant idea and would add good flavor-just as long as you do what you said and use a little!! Thanks for another great tip, Steph! You rock!:thumbup: ;) :)

Oh yeah, and I completely agree with not using the food coloring in the white chocolate because of the seizing up! Hubby helped me with some white chocolate and regular chocolate dipping this past Christmas, and he managed to get water in it and he had a heck of a time completing the task! I ended up having to come "rescue" him! He doesn't do much in the kitchen and when he does, he wants it to be fun and he was SOOO not having fun with that mess! LOL! :)

Last edited:

1. What type of white chocolate should I use for the strawberries?

For the best results, we recommend using high-quality white chocolate bars or chips, rather than white chocolate candy melts. These will give your strawberries a smoother and richer flavor.

2. How do I melt the white chocolate for dipping?

The most common method is to use a double boiler. Fill a saucepan with a few inches of water and bring it to a simmer. Place a heatproof bowl on top, making sure it doesn't touch the water. Add the white chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.

3. How do I keep the white chocolate from hardening too quickly while dipping?

Adding a teaspoon of vegetable oil or shortening to the melted white chocolate can help keep it at the right consistency for dipping. You can also warm the chocolate back up over the double boiler if it starts to harden too much.

4. How long do the white chocolate covered strawberries last?

If stored properly in an airtight container in the refrigerator, the strawberries can last for up to 2-3 days. However, for the best taste and texture, we recommend enjoying them within the first day.

5. Can I add any toppings or decorations to the strawberries?

Absolutely! You can drizzle them with dark or milk chocolate, sprinkle on chopped nuts, or even add edible glitter for a festive touch. Just make sure to add any toppings before the white chocolate hardens.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
jlalbrte
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam