• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Open Stock Items to Purchase

In summary, the person would like to get the Simple Slicer, Bamboo TTA, and Microwave Chip Maker. They are unsure if they want the small ridged baker or not.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I didn't earn any of the items from SAT and the packages are too expensive for me. I'm looking at buying some of the open stock items but cannot figure out which ones are the best to get. I'm probably going to have to split up and buy a couple at a time. Here's what I'm looking at - which two should I get now?
Veggie Slicer
Bamboo Tool Turn About
Microwave Chip Maker (not sure about this one)
Small Ridged Baker
Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl Set
Simple Slicer

I think I want the Simple Slicer for sure right now but wanted to see what everybody else thought who have actually played with the products.

I am intersted to see as well. I was going to post the same thing last week then decided to get all 4 of the items I was debating on. But I would still like to know what others think.

I would definitely get the small ridged baker. My husband is not a huge fan of PC, but he has used that thing every day since we got it! He's made bacon a million times and has it down to a science and tonight is going to make chicken in it.

I'm planning on taking the candy thermometer and Veggie Slicer to my shows in the
Bamboo Tool Turn AboutMy 2nd recipe will be the chips, made with the Microwave Chip Maker and simple slicerI do like the Small Ridged Baker, but don't think i need to bring it to sell it.

If you get the simple slicer, I'd get the chip maker to go with it. I can see those two items being a great cross-sell together with some rubs...or maybe even a package deal.

I earned the $3000 level, and the Director's Kit, so the only two things I'm ordering are the DCB, and the small knife block set. We just remodeled our kitchen and it's rustic looking and the new Taupe color is beautiful in there - so I want the taupe DCB! And the bamboo is also really pretty on my countertop, so I'll be using the bamboo TTA, and I sold my bamboo block (it was too big anyway) so I'm excited to get the small block for my counter! Then I'll have my favorite knives in my kitchen all the time! (since my utility and small santuko are usually packed in my kit.)

ChefBeckyD said:
If you get the simple slicer, I'd get the chip maker to go with it. I can see those two items being a great cross-sell together with some rubs...or maybe even a package deal.

I earned the $3000 level, and the Director's Kit, so the only two things I'm ordering are the DCB, and the small knife block set. We just remodeled our kitchen and it's rustic looking and the new Taupe color is beautiful in there - so I want the taupe DCB! And the bamboo is also really pretty on my countertop, so I'll be using the bamboo TTA, and I sold my bamboo block (it was too big anyway) so I'm excited to get the small block for my counter! Then I'll have my favorite knives in my kitchen all the time! (since my utility and small santuko are usually packed in my kit.)

If I had extra money right now I would buy the DCB to use it as an incentive for something. It's a great price! Same thing with the small knife block set.

wadesgirl said:
If I had extra money right now I would buy the DCB to use it as an incentive for something. It's a great price! Same thing with the small knife block set.

I know! I NEVER buy stuff from the sample order form - I always wait and get it from a show, but I really want these! I thought about waiting until Sept. to get the knife block set...but I want it now. LOL!

For prioritizing samples, think about what recipe(s) you think you'll want to do at shows and what products you'll need for them. It's great knowing host specials through Nov. b/c you can see if you want upcoming host special items to have at your shows now to get bookings. Then of course there's personal preference and use.

Bamboo TTA - if you have Aug. or early Sept. shows to take it with you, it might be worth moving up on your list. Otherwise, wait.

Small Ridged Baker - hmm, part of the Oct. host specials but not a guest special. Might be worth having to speak about personal use with it.

Simple Slicer - I hope I like this and the micro chip maker to do sweet and salty shows with chips and micro rocky road brownies.

That probably didn't help ;)

I agree the Small Ridged Baker is nice.... I cooked the Mile High Apple pies :) It's works GREAT!

What are the most essential open stock items to purchase for my kitchen?

The most essential open stock items to purchase for your kitchen would be a chef's knife, a paring knife, a cutting board, a set of measuring cups and spoons, and a set of mixing bowls.

What type of cookware should I invest in?

It's best to invest in high-quality stainless steel or ceramic cookware. These materials are durable and can withstand high heat, making them perfect for cooking a variety of dishes.

What are the benefits of purchasing open stock items rather than a set?

Open stock items allow you to select the specific pieces you need for your kitchen, rather than purchasing a set with items you may not use. This allows for a more customized and cost-effective approach to building your kitchen tools.

What is the best way to care for my open stock items?

To ensure the longevity of your open stock items, it's important to hand wash them with warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils that may scratch or damage the items.

What are some versatile open stock items that can be used for multiple purposes?

Some versatile open stock items include a cast iron skillet, a multi-purpose mixing bowl, a silicone spatula, and a pair of kitchen shears. These items can be used for various cooking and baking tasks in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies