1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Which Dot's to get?

1. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

I am in my kit enhancement month and have been considering buying a dots item (I don't have any yet). Which piece would you get and why? I am thinking of the Dots Bowl trio? I really don't like the dots but felt like I needed a piece in my kit.

Aug 5, 2009
  2. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I would probably get one of the platters or bowls, since that could be used at a show to serve your recipe!

Aug 5, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

If you don't care for the dots, then the Trio Bowl is probably a good choice.

I use it at shows when I am doing the Sprinkles dips. Then I have one bowl that will do all three dips.

I've also been thinking about using it for an Asian-themed Appetizer Show, featuring Steamed Wontons, Chicken Satay, and then putting Thai Sauce, Ginger-Wasabi Sauce, and a Spicy Mustard in the trio bowls.

If you aren't using it for that, you can always easily throw candies in it. Or use it for ketchup, mustard, mayo for a burger bar...etc....

Aug 5, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I agree. I use the trio bowl more than I thought I would. And it's small enough to pack easily to take to a show.

Aug 5, 2009
  5. PamperChefCarol

PamperChefCarol Veteran Member

Large bowl, all the way. This is a fantastic shaped bowl and perfect for pasta, salad, even a cake. I end up taking this for "dish to pass"/ potluck events more than my shows but it gets people's attention and is a great conversation starter.

6. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

I agree with the big bowl. If you show it and recommend that it makes a nice wedding gift, you might sell quite a few. It's the nicest piece of the collection.

Aug 5, 2009
  7. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

If you want one for your kit go for the smaller of the items. The weight of your kit really starts adding up in a hurry!

8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Exactly!

I haven't taken the large dots bowl since the Bamboo was introduced! MUCH lighter!

Aug 5, 2009
  9. EpTxGuy

EpTxGuy Member

Go for the SUV!
    [​IMG]

Aug 5, 2009
  10. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

LOL!

I have the large bowl and have never once taken it to a show but I would never THINK to put a cake in it!

If you don't like the dotts, don't get them. We have a beautiful catalog that displays everything. If I had to pick a piece of simple additions, I'd get the platter. I've often used my large round stone in lieu of a platter.

11. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

I use the med bowl when I make my salsa for my Chicken fajitas. It is a nice size and a good way to show the dots. I also love to make the Cheeseburger Salad in the large bowl.

Aug 5, 2009
  12. Jinkies

Jinkies Member

I didn't like the dots at first at all. Then I got the Large Dots Bowl in a team challenge that I won for free. Now I'm in loooooove! I do use it a lot at shows, but the trio is def. the way to go if you're not into them.

Aug 5, 2009
  13. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

That is toooo funny!!!

I wonder what my DH would say if I drove up in that?? I think his reaction would be worse than if I drove up in a pink cadillac!!!

14. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

At first I wasn't that into the dots. But then I got some in a samples order and started using the 2 small plates in my kitchen. I found whenever I wanted a snack, I'd go and grab one of them. They just seemed to be brighter than my other stuff and more fun. Now I'm slowly buying more. If you just want a little something to show the pattern, I'd get either the small plates--you get two and you can take those for setting out ingredients (block of cream cheese that has to soften, etc) or the 2 mugs (perfect for putting your pens in for your guests.) I even would use it to put my little prizes in (twixits, pan scrapers, mini-whipper, etc.)

Aug 6, 2009
  15. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Don't feel like you have to spend the money on something you don't like for your kit!

Aug 6, 2009
Have something to add?