• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Cell Phone Should I Choose for My New Every 2 Upgrade with Verizon?

In summary, the best phone for someone who does not text or use a camera is the basic model. A basic phone is all they need. But for someone who does text and use a camera, an iPhone is the best phone.

New Cell Phone - What to get?

• Samsung SCH-u740

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • LG enV

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SusanBP0129
I am up for my "new every 2" with Verizon and I am trying to decide what phone to get.
I am torn between:

LG enV
Samsung SCH-u740

and any other suggestions are welcome......

well i have never had either phone but my mom has never had any luc with any LG phone she has ever had and now she has the samsung sync andit has crappy reception. We usually go with Motorola, thats what we had with nextel and we now have with AT&T.

I never thought it mattered much - they're all obsoleted between the time you sign the charge slip and walk out the front door.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I never thought it mattered much - they're all obsoleted between the time you sign the charge slip and walk out the front door.

That is so true!
But I am still indecisive! :eek: :D

Hey, where's our DG? (Designated Geek.)Chefann? Yer phone's ringin'.

I have Verizon service and my last choice was the Blackberry. I love it.

LG phones suck!!!! I went through 3 in one year and finally they let me extend my contract to get a different phone for cheap.

I love my LG env......i text like a mad woman....

I've had the same LG for 4 years and not one single problem! It's the best!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Hey, where's our DG? (Designated Geek.)

Chefann? Yer phone's ringin'.
pbbbhttt.

I don't know that much about phones. I usually get the base model because a lot of workplaces around here don't allow camera phones, and I don't text. A basic phone is usually all I need. But DH has an iPhone and loves it. *cough*nerd*cough*

chefann said:
I usually get the base model because a lot of workplaces around here don't allow camera phones, and I don't text. A basic phone is usually all I need.

I'm with you Ann! I do not text... I don't get it actually... I mean, just call me if you have something to say! And I have a digital camera so why would I need a camera phone? Plus the pictures I've seen from them are crappy quality. I have an ipod, so why would I need it to be a mp3? I guess I just don't have a need for all the bells and whistles. Maybe that's why my tiny little LG has lasted as long as it has! But what I do love about it is that it's TINY!

chefann said:
pbbbhttt.

I don't know that much about phones. I usually get the base model because a lot of workplaces around here don't allow camera phones, and I don't text. A basic phone is usually all I need. But DH has an iPhone and loves it. *cough*nerd*cough*
Well, I was just going to send you a funny photo but so much for that idea.

I used to work for BellSouth Mobility. When I worked there, we did not sell LG's or Samsungs. The best brands were Nokia and Motorola. I still think both of those brands are great. Over the past 12 years I used both of them. I am currently using the Sliver (I think that is the name) by Motorola and I love it!

The best way to find out which phone to get is to ask people who live near you which phones they use. That way you can find out which phones get the best reception where you live.

Lisa

We love our Razors in our family--we all have them!

Nanisu said:

Ditto over here!

I love my enV....but I also text like crazy. I had the Chocolate before it and then the Razr and both were awful. I ended up buying my enV on eBay since I wasn't up for my new every 2 and haven't had any problems yet.

Nanisu said:
I stopped using mine - that's how I grew a goatee.

I just got the enV! I love it! I love the VZ Navagator on it! Ask any questions you want. It's a great phone!

I don't know anything about these particular phones, but I've had Samsung phones since I've been with Verizon (about 4 years) and loved them both. I don't have a very good impression of LG phones just because a couple of my friends used to have them and kept having to replace them every six months or so because they kept tearing up. Otherwise, I don't really know anything about LG, but if I were you, I think I'd go with the Samsung. Just my 2 cents... :)

I wanted an enV sooooooooo bad, and I GLADLY gave up my AT&T plan to go to Verizon & got my enV.
I ABSOLUTELY love it!
I haven't had one complaint, except I can't find anywhere to put my PC phone charm :(
I got the orange one.
It's not too big that it doesn't fit in my pockets, but it's not too small that I loose it in my purse.
The full keyboard is my favorite.
The camera takes AWESOME pics & has a flash!
Like I said, I have not one complaint, except the charm not having a place to go!
Good Luck w/ your choice!

I have Verizon...the best ever! Regarding phones...I REALLY didn't like the Samsung phones. Switched to an LG last year and it's the best! If you use your phone for calendaring/scheuling, at least my LG phone stores a LOT. The Samsung would only store 20...yes, TWENTY items...that's it!

My mother and FIL have had issues with their LG phones - reception issues, shutting off (not a battery issue) and other things. My mom just got her LG replaced the other day...

I have a RAZR and it's been good so far. My first phone with "features" and only got it because it was only $29.99.

I usually have the base one (like Ann) - no extras and had a NOKIA that would still be chugging if I didn't get the RAZR - that phone was great.

lg envi have an lg env and love it. i can text all day. it is thin and light. it has alot of good features such as bluetooth/ spkr phone . i dont know what ur looking for. i have verizon and my next upgrade will be the palm treo just because i do have alot of emails coming and going and i text constantly. i do prefer email for just about everything and the palm treo is capable of all and more. but the lgenv is cool!:)

SusanBP0129 said:
I am up for my "new every 2" with Verizon and I am trying to decide what phone to get.
I am torn between:

LG enV
Samsung SCH-u740

and any other suggestions are welcome......

I just got a new blackberry pearl in red. It was time for my upgrade as well, just like you- and DH made me get something fancy because he said I would end up using all the features for my business. I normally just got the cheapest phone I could find- because having a camera, access to email, and my contacts and calendar just didn't appeal to me. I'm glad I took the plunge, and I love the phone- it's pretty, too! I also got one of those blue tooth headsets to go with it. I haven't used the thing yet...
I'm sort of a technology dinosaur-resistant to all this newfangled technology. My husband is the techno-nerd- and really pushed me to buy the Iphone. It was $400.00- is he nuts? If I'm gonig to spend $400.00 on something it is NOT going to be a phone!

Last edited:
I just got the Motorola Krazr. I like it but the charge doesn't last long.

Chozengirl said:
I wanted an enV sooooooooo bad, and I GLADLY gave up my AT&T plan to go to Verizon & got my enV.
I ABSOLUTELY love it!
I haven't had one complaint, except I can't find anywhere to put my PC phone charm :(
I got the orange one.
It's not too big that it doesn't fit in my pockets, but it's not too small that I loose it in my purse.
The full keyboard is my favorite.
The camera takes AWESOME pics & has a flash!
Like I said, I have not one complaint, except the charm not having a place to go!
Good Luck w/ your choice!

I just got the orange enV and love it. I agree with the phone charm thing.

DH would love an IPhone but I know my limitations....I drop things and I would break that phone in about a hot minute!
At conference last year.....in our group my phone (an env) was the only one that worked everywhere...even in the hidden bathroom!

i have a green env and I LOVE it! I wasn't big into texting until I got this phone and now I'm all about it! Also, the camera on mine is amazing! And I love that I can email pictures off of my computer to my phone and they look great on the phone! Love it!

I have the Samsung Gleam and LOVE it!!! Motorola's never work for me!! I had 6 in 3 months... the alarm always went off saturday when it was set for mon- fri. Go figure!!

Related to Which Cell Phone Should I Choose for My New Every 2 Upgrade with Verizon?

1. What are the features of the LG Env cell phone?

The LG Env cell phone has a full QWERTY keyboard, a 2.0 megapixel camera, Bluetooth connectivity, and a music player. It also has a microSD slot for expandable storage and comes with pre-loaded apps such as a calculator, calendar, and alarm clock.

2. Is the LG Env compatible with my carrier?

The LG Env is compatible with most major carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile. However, it is always recommended to check with your specific carrier to ensure compatibility before purchasing the phone.

3. What is the battery life like on the LG Env?

The battery life on the LG Env can last up to 5 hours of talk time and up to 300 hours of standby time. This may vary depending on usage and network conditions.

4. Can I access the internet on the LG Env?

Yes, the LG Env has internet capabilities. It has a built-in web browser that allows you to access the internet and browse websites. However, please note that data charges may apply depending on your carrier.

5. Is the LG Env easy to use?

Yes, the LG Env is designed to be user-friendly with its full QWERTY keyboard and intuitive interface. It also comes with a user manual for easy reference and assistance. However, if you have any trouble using the phone, you can always contact customer support for help.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • Poll
  • jhammer22
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • babywings76
  • General Chat