• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where on Earth Have I Been? Anyone Else Not Heard of Saladmaster?

In summary, the Salad Master website is a scam that charges a fee to join their club, and then charges couples to have them cook a dinner using their supplied ingredients.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I was just watching tv and it was a BC station via satellite and in ONE hour I watched 3 commercials for something called Saladmaster. Cookware, knives and in home dinner parties. I've never heard of it so I googled it and they've been around for 60 years :eek: It doesn't say anything about start up costs or pay structure just the different direct seller levels and their products. Looks like they come in your home and cook a dinner with ingredients THEY supply. Must have a certain number of couples and as long as you have at least one 'qualified' couple you receive the 'host' gift whether anyone buys or not :eek: :rolleyes:

Where on earth have I been?

I've never heard of them either!!

It sounds like something that would have helped Suzanne Sommers more than that other Master thing.

Saladmaster... never heard of them, but is sounds like a good name for a new PC product!

I peeked at their website and I'm realizing how much I hate direct sales websites without pricing. And what the heck a "qualified couple" for a dinner party? Sounds weird!

We have a consultant in our area who is not very nice to us(pc consultants) at fairs and such. She always comes into our booth and starts telling everyone what is wrong with our cookware. She is so rude. I am always shocked by it. Most of the time she's talking to another consultant and it goes in one ear and out the other.
I'm waiting to see her again so I can tell her to kiss off. One set of cookware can cost up to $2500 it has a life time warrenty but only on the pan/pot you have to pay for handles and what not.
The above is what I have heard at my shows.

Hmm... that sounds like something a friend of mine did. Not as a consultant, as a host. None of us bought a single thing. We viewed it as a nice dinner for free. Of course, we were all in our mid-20s and broke at the time. But I can't for the life of me remember the name of the company.

I have never heard of it either. I don't really like the sound of it though.

chefann said:
Hmm... that sounds like something a friend of mine did. Not as a consultant, as a host. None of us bought a single thing. We viewed it as a nice dinner for free. Of course, we were all in our mid-20s and broke at the time. But I can't for the life of me remember the name of the company.

Yeah, there is some company around here that does that same thing - I can't remember the name either, but Saladmaster doesn't ring a bell. I believe it is waterless cookware. I seem to remember chatting with a host or customer about it.....:confused:

That's it! Still can't remember the name, though.
(And Amway's cookware is waterless, too. But they don't train to do full meals as a sales pitch.)

Hm. Never heard of it either.Sit-down dinners with couples seems kinda cool, but not the weird over-priced cookware.

I've never heard of them. I wonder if they changed their name and they are the same one Ann is thinking of. I know other DS companies have changed their names.

I wasn't impressed w/their products, but I did like their knife block. I wish we would come up w/a knife block. I think customers would be more likely to buy ALL of the knives since the block would have some empty spots:)!

pampchefrhondab said:
I've never heard of them. I wonder if they changed their name and they are the same one Ann is thinking of. I know other DS companies have changed their names.

I wasn't impressed w/their products, but I did like their knife block. I wish we would come up w/a knife block. I think customers would be more likely to buy ALL of the knives since the block would have some empty spots:)!

I wondered that too.....

chefann said:
What goes around, huh?

Okay - I'm nosey so I started looking up some info. on the internet. There is so much info. on this site it's easier to post the URL then to explain:

Salad Master cookware question - Cookware Forum - GardenWeb

It sounds like the cookware is $3,000 though!! And the reps. do a "soda" test which makes other cookware taste metalic. Interesting info. Happy reading!

I love this quote:

Humans are more at risk from the "TYPE" of foods that they choose to eat than from how their foods are prepared or from what materials of construction are used in their cookware. It's non-sense to believe we have a toxic cookware problem in this country. What we have is a diet and exercise problem.
Salad Master is not the answer to improved human health.

I had not heard of it until about 4 or 5 years ago when they knocked on my in-laws door and asked to demo the Salad master. They let them come in. Then they told me if I could get I think it was 5 or 6 couples to gather at my house for a meal with 3 days for them to come in and demo, they would give me the salad master for free. Well, I am a sucker for anything Free. I got on the phone and called my friends and neighbors. The only thing the couples had to do to qualify was not to have been to a show within so many months - not a problem since no one had heard of them. They came in and cooked a full meal including vegetables, dessert, meat with gravy and salad in their cookware. It was really amazing. The cookware stacked on top of each other to do some of the cooking. They had an electric skillet. I really loved the cookware but it was EXPENSIVE! My neighbor wanted the whole set but her husband REFUSED to let her buy it. By the way she now owns PC cookware and loves it!

I loved the salad master and used it like crazy for a while. I always go through "fades." It does mostly the same thing our UM does, just in a different way. My MIL borrows it every year when she puts up pickles b/c tit does them at just the right size. And she uses it to put up her squash.

My parents bought the cookware years ago, mom still has it bt uses her 2 sets of PC :)

I checked out their website. I'm not too impressed with the way the cookware looks.

pampchefrhondab said:
I wonder if they changed their name and they are the same one Ann is thinking of.

I'm wondering that too.

Ann, could it be "Lifetime Cookware"?

I have a lovely set of Lifetime somewhere in my basement. I moved it down there after I got my set of Professional Cookware. . .now the Professional is down there too because I'm using the Executive.

I might be the same company - I looked at their site, and the cookware looks the same. I don't remember that the rep did any kind of demo or sales talk. Maybe it was a little obvious that we weren't going to buy anything. And thinking back, we wasted his time and money to do that dinner. How rude.

chefann said:
I might be the same company - I looked at their site, and the cookware looks the same. I don't remember that the rep did any kind of demo or sales talk. Maybe it was a little obvious that we weren't going to buy anything. And thinking back, we wasted his time and money to do that dinner. How rude.

We got the entire chicken dinner + veggies and a pineapple upside down cake. I think at least two of us bought the set and they were not cheap.

It is good sturdy cookware, but stainless steel and not as easy to clean as our nonstick (this is one of the reasons I'm not buying the Pchef stainless).

The link I listed states it is made by Regal:

All the cookware made by Regal (Salad Master, Cordon Bleu, Kitchen Craft, Royal Prestige) is made with surgical stainless steel grade T-304.

I have heard of Kitchen Craft.

pampchefrhondab said:

All the cookware made by Regal (Salad Master, Cordon Bleu, Kitchen Craft, Royal Prestige) is made with surgical stainless steel grade T-304.

I have heard of Kitchen Craft.

I recognize that name. It's the same stuff though, from a quick look at the photos it has been redesigned.

chefann said:
And thinking back, we wasted his time and money to do that dinner. How rude.

We did the same thing b/c we had no intention of spending the money, I just wanted the free product.

I think though until you start selling yourself, you do not understand how bad it is to do that to a consultant until you are one yourself.

I think there were a few orders from people but I cannot remember for sure.

chefann said:
If you had put a potty chair in the dining room, he'd still be talking about you, too.

chefjeanine said:
We got the entire chicken dinner + veggies and a pineapple upside down cake. I think at least two of us bought the set and they were not cheap.

It is good sturdy cookware, but stainless steel and not as easy to clean as our nonstick (this is one of the reasons I'm not buying the Pchef stainless).

Oh, our SS cookware is amazing and very easy to clean! Never had a problem even broiled cheese!

pampchefrhondab said:

I was "invited" to see Royal Prestige cookware when we were planning our wedding. Worked almost like a timeshare presentation: "Get a free vacation with no obligation!" which just meant that the product was VERY EXPENSIVE and the free "vacation" was just a hotel stay at specific hotels, none close enough to go to without airfare. Had we bought the cookware, we would have also gotten a buy-one-get-one voucher for a cruise.

Glad my DH didn't let me get suckered into that one...

At one time, Regal was made in Kewaskum, West Bend was made a few miles south, in West Bend, and Mirro was made up the road in Manitowoc. (Mirro made boats, too.) Kewaskum and West Bend are near me, Manitowoc is about an hour north.Regal is the only one left, but I have no idea if there is any manufacturing done there anymore or not.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
At one time, Regal was made in Kewaskum, West Bend was made a few miles south, in West Bend, and Mirro was made up the road in Manitowoc. (Mirro made boats, too.) Kewaskum and West Bend are near me, Manitowoc is about an hour north.

Regal is the only one left, but I have no idea if there is any manufacturing done there anymore or not.

and our cookware is made ....... Oh I am not going there!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If you had put a potty chair in the dining room, he'd still be talking about you, too.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!

pampchefrhondab said:
and our cookware is made ....... Oh I am not going there!
I'd be willing to bet most of Regal's product line is, too.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I don't get it

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
At one time, Regal was made in Kewaskum, West Bend was made a few miles south, in West Bend, and Mirro was made up the road in Manitowoc. (Mirro made boats, too.) Kewaskum and West Bend are near me, Manitowoc is about an hour north.

Regal is the only one left, but I have no idea if there is any manufacturing done there anymore or not.

Kitchen Craft says it is made in the USA since 1911 and the following:

Kitchen Craft Cookware is a line of top quality stainless steel cookware manufactured by West Bend Cookware. Serving more than 1 million customers across America, our investment quality, waterless/greaseless line of cookware products come with a Lifetime Warranty.

These products are not available in retail stores and can be purchased only through live demonstrations with our trained cooking professionals. The construction of this minimum moisture cookware allows for great tasting, healthy meals at home.

And more:

2002 Regal Ware acquires The West Bend Company of West Bend, Wisconsin. Begins process of combining talents and expertise of the two American manufacturing leaders in the stainless steel direct sales cookware industry.

Last edited:
cmdtrgd said:
I don't get it
Kate, it has to do with the "Potty Party" I had this summer. The host had an invalid's potty chair in the living room - and USED IT in the middle of the show. :yuck: Of all shows to get 2 bookings... :rolleyes:

cmdtrgd said:
I don't get it

Chefann had a show a while back where the host actually had a potty chair on the landing and then proceeded to USE it during the show! On top of that, Ann was nuts enough to have some bookings from the show... including a 13yo girl (I think that was her age). Anyway, we talked (and laughed hysterically) about this quite a lot and it has been a running joke since then.

West Bend closed years ago - I know the guy who engineered the demise. The Rhinelander Brewing Company also closed years ago, but Rhinelander Beer is still available - brewed in Monroe by a different company.Perhaps Kitchen Craft bought the West Bend name? I'll have to see what I can find out.

pampchefrhondab said:
Serving more than 1 million customers across America, our investment quality, waterless/greaseless line of cookware products come with a Lifetime Warranty.

What is this?

katie0128 said:
What is this?
The cookware lids seal close enough that you don't need to add any additional water to the pans, other than what's in the food naturally. It's supposed to be healthier, because the nutrients don't go down the drain when you drain the food. And the surface of the pans is supposed to be ultra-smooth, so you don't need to use oil to keep things from sticking.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
West Bend closed years ago - I know the guy who engineered the demise. The Rhinelander Brewing Company also closed years ago, but Rhinelander Beer is still available - brewed in Monroe by a different company.

Perhaps Kitchen Craft bought the West Bend name?

I'll have to see what I can find out.

Actually Regal bought them - I updated my post. So I wonder where they are made in America?

That's what I figured. Tomorrow, I'll try to find out if they're still stamping steel in Kewaskum.

Like KISRAE said there is a consultant in our area, I think there might be a couple now. But every single one of them are rude & horrible cooks. We live in a high hippy community, so they sit there and almost yell at you for using nonstick cookware. They tell you, that you are killing your kids & then push the all organic card.At one of our booths they came over and offered a piece of cake, oh it was horrible. The next time they tried we ignored them and said no thanks. I warn anyone who works our booth to stay away & not drink the koolaide. Their cookware is too expensive in my opinion..

Yes these are usually at trade shows. Last time I went and sat through a demo at a home show the people try to pull a sneaky trick...due to limited supply they offered only a "select few" people the "free" salad maker (which I LOVE!) if they purchased the $3000 set. You would not believe the line of people ordering the sets around me. (No I didn't buy anything from them, I got my salad maker from an auction). Anyway, that's when I realized that they were whispering the same thing to everyone that showed an interest in the cookware. I just want to know where these people are when I am trying to demo our fabulous (and less expensive) cookware?

Never heard of them.

They sell "http://www.saladmaster.com/index/Products/CompanionPieces/CutlerySheersTools.nws", and they are not curtains.

My in-laws are still using the set that they bought 45 years ago. Looks and works great. I'm planning on my PC SS lasting as long, too!

Just saw this.... I signed a Korean lady once that loved our products but not our non-stick cookware. Her and her husband sell Saladmaster and have a large team. She tried to recruit me. She qualified and then stopped. She calls me often to see if I would do a show but the last time I did one her friends only came to learn the new recipe and didn't buy anything.... It was a waste of time.

I've never heard of them either Jodi.

yummy4tummy said:
Yes these are usually at trade shows. Last time I went and sat through a demo at a home show the people try to pull a sneaky trick...due to limited supply they offered only a "select few" people the "free" salad maker (which I LOVE!) if they purchased the $3000 set. You would not believe the line of people ordering the sets around me. (No I didn't buy anything from them, I got my salad maker from an auction). Anyway, that's when I realized that they were whispering the same thing to everyone that showed an interest in the cookware. I just want to know where these people are when I am trying to demo our fabulous (and less expensive) cookware?
Working a second job to pay for the $3k set they bought.

<h2>1. What is Saladmaster and how long have they been around?</h2><p>Saladmaster is a direct selling company that offers cookware, knives, and in-home dinner parties. They have been in business for 60 years.</p><h2>2. Are there any start-up costs to become a Saladmaster consultant?</h2><p>Saladmaster does not disclose their start-up costs or pay structure on their website. However, as with most direct selling companies, there may be initial fees or purchases required to become a consultant.</p><h2>3. How does the direct selling structure work for Saladmaster?</h2><p>Saladmaster has different levels of direct sellers, with each level having different benefits and requirements. These levels include Consultant, Executive Consultant, Senior Consultant, and Master Dealer.</p><h2>4. How do the in-home dinner parties with Saladmaster work?</h2><p>Saladmaster consultants will come to your home and cook a dinner using their products and ingredients. There is a minimum number of couples required for the dinner party, and as long as at least one couple qualifies, the host will receive a gift regardless of whether anyone makes a purchase.</p><h2>5. Have I been living under a rock if I've never heard of Saladmaster?</h2><p>Not necessarily! While Saladmaster has been around for a long time, it may not be as well-known as other direct selling companies. It's always good to research and ask questions before considering becoming a consultant for any company.</p>

1. What is Saladmaster and how long have they been around?

Saladmaster is a direct selling company that offers cookware, knives, and in-home dinner parties. They have been in business for 60 years.

2. Are there any start-up costs to become a Saladmaster consultant?

Saladmaster does not disclose their start-up costs or pay structure on their website. However, as with most direct selling companies, there may be initial fees or purchases required to become a consultant.

3. How does the direct selling structure work for Saladmaster?

Saladmaster has different levels of direct sellers, with each level having different benefits and requirements. These levels include Consultant, Executive Consultant, Senior Consultant, and Master Dealer.

4. How do the in-home dinner parties with Saladmaster work?

Saladmaster consultants will come to your home and cook a dinner using their products and ingredients. There is a minimum number of couples required for the dinner party, and as long as at least one couple qualifies, the host will receive a gift regardless of whether anyone makes a purchase.

5. Have I been living under a rock if I've never heard of Saladmaster?

Not necessarily! While Saladmaster has been around for a long time, it may not be as well-known as other direct selling companies. It's always good to research and ask questions before considering becoming a consultant for any company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Karen
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies