• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have Any of You Been To/Hosted a Cabi Show?

In summary, the conversation was about a clothing company called Carol Anderson by Invitation (CAbi) and the experiences of various individuals with the company. Some were familiar with the brand while others had never heard of it before. The clothes were generally considered to be high quality but also expensive, making it difficult for some to afford. The company operates through direct sales and some individuals knew others who were successful as consultants. The conversation also touched on the cost of starting up as a consultant for CAbi.
KimmyDarling
It's a home show for apparel-- Carol Anderson by Invitation.

One of my friends is a new consultant for them. I'd never heard of the company until a friend and I went to a show at her house a couple of months ago, and their clothes are really nice. This is their website. I bought the gray "Shawl Wrap," and it is absolutely one of my all-time favorite pieces of clothing I've ever had. My friend bought a couple of pieces that look like they were just made for her. The Spring comes out at the end of this month, and I can't wait to see it.

My friend is starting her business in February, so I'm going to do a show for her on 2/24. I am going to be taking outside orders, so if anybody would like to be included when my show is up (which will be after the new line is officially out, hopefully next week), just send me your email address in a PM.

I'd really love to hear whether anyone has been to or hosted a CAbi show before, though, so please lemme know! Especially if anybody has seen what their Spring clothes usually look like, because I have no idea what to expect.

Thanks!

no freebies---just a few half offs depending on sales----No clothes for size 16 or above----If you are tall and slender they are nice----
good quality---just more than I spend on clothing---

MORFIA said:
no freebies---just a few half offs depending on sales----No clothes for size 16 or above----If you are tall and slender they are nice----
good quality---just more than I spend on clothing---

Hmm.. the consultant at the show I attended was at least a size 16, and she looked fantastic!

They just launched the new Spring line after their conference this weekend. It's on the website now, and looks great. I am so excited about my show!

(LOL I hope our customers get this excited when our new stuff comes out!)

I've never known anyone who was successful with a direct sales clothing business. Good luck to your friend. Why isn't she a PC consultant?!?!?

They look beautiful...but OY! out of my price range...

I went to a party hosted by my boys' piano teacher. I felt bad because I couldn't even afford a belt. There were plenty of nice clothing, but like Morfia said nothing for over size 12. I tried on some of the clothes that were supposed to be my size and it was NOT even close! Gorgeous stuff! If you are thin and/or tall this stuff will look great on you!! It WILL hurt your pocket book though!

DebbieJ said:
I've never known anyone who was successful with a direct sales clothing business. Good luck to your friend. Why isn't she a PC consultant?!?!?

Because she fell in love with the clothes, and just felt she had to sell it.

The good thing is that she is my best host, and has done three shows with me!

I have a friend who is doing CAbi (and yes, I did try to recruit her for PC, but she is a clothes shopper and CAbi sounded more interesting to her) and is doing fairly well. I agree that the clothes are out of my price range, but she attends a church in a more wealthy area and I think that has helped her tremendously! But until Gennifer started with CAbi, I had never heard of them.

katie0128 said:
I have a friend who is doing CAbi (and yes, I did try to recruit her for PC, but she is a clothes shopper and CAbi sounded more interesting to her) and is doing fairly well. I agree that the clothes are out of my price range, but she attends a church in a more wealthy area and I think that has helped her tremendously! But until Gennifer started with CAbi, I had never heard of them.

I'd not heard of them before my friend (Jennifer!) signed up, either. I am really hoping it's lucrative for her-- the startup costs are outrageous!

I love the clothes! Wish I was nice and tall so I could wear them.

Do they sell the shoes too? I'm not too short for those!

pamperedlinda said:
Do they sell the shoes too? I'm not too short for those!

No, but I wish they did-- they always have the CUTEST shoes on their models!

KimmyDarling said:
I'd not heard of them before my friend (Jennifer!) signed up, either. I am really hoping it's lucrative for her-- the startup costs are outrageous!

The names - Ha! Do tell about the cost! Gennifer and I aren't close enough for me to ask what the cost was... but I have been curious.

katie0128 said:
The names - Ha! Do tell about the cost! Gennifer and I aren't close enough for me to ask what the cost was... but I have been curious.

Oh, hunny. Listen, they have to buy their entire line up front. To the tune of $2500. Their whole process if signing a consultant is different, too. They have to go through a rigid interview process, and be "accepted" as a consultant. (No kitnappers, right?!) Then, they can't even start until they've gone to conference!!! So they pay for their line and all of the conference expenses, then must ATTEND conference before they can even officially say that they're with the company! It's *very* different from TPC, to say the least! OH-- and they have to buy their line AGAIN in the Fall! So every Spring and Fall is that huge cash outlay.

Jen just got back from conference yesterday, and she's officially launching her business on February 1st. I want to do all I can to support her business, since I know it's not going to be easy for her to make her investment back very quickly.

Wow... That's a huge start-up cost! What is her commission?

finley1991 said:
Wow... That's a huge start-up cost! What is her commission?

I don't know, but you better believe I'm gonna be asking her!!!

This is an old thread that I just found but to add on, they make back their start-up costs by selling all hteir samples half off at an end of hte season sale. I know someone who does it and makes a ton. Her average show is $1800 and she doesn't have to do "phone work" b/c she has a loyal customer base that have shows for her every season.

I first heard about CaBI last fall at one of my shows where someone was handing out the orders that had come in. They were raving about the clothes, esp. a long sweater. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. I was at a social event, met someone new, told her I did PC. She mentioned that she had hosted a CaBI show a year ago and was very disappointed. She said the clothes did not hold up at all. She started to pull out her spring/summer clothes and realized the CaBI shirts were too ratty to wear this year, after only one season. The jeans have not held up, either. For a $40 t-shirt, she expected better.

What is a Cabi Show?

A Cabi Show is a social event where a Cabi stylist showcases the latest Cabi clothing collection and offers personalized styling advice to guests.

Do I have to purchase anything at a Cabi Show?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything at a Cabi Show. However, many guests choose to make a purchase after seeing the clothing and receiving styling advice.

How long does a Cabi Show typically last?

A Cabi Show usually lasts around 2-3 hours, depending on the number of guests and their level of interaction.

Can I bring a friend to a Cabi Show?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend to a Cabi Show. Just make sure to RSVP with the host beforehand so they can plan accordingly.

What types of clothing are available at a Cabi Show?

Cabi offers a wide variety of women's clothing, including tops, bottoms, dresses, and outerwear. They also have a range of sizes, from XS to XXL, to fit different body types.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Roadtripray