• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Is the Cookbook for a Cause?

In summary, the cookbook is not yet available on the main page on PC's website. Customers must go to the HO Facebook page to find the download link.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
I'm not seeing anything on the main page... am I too early? I thought it was supposed to be there on the 1st.

Nevermind -I found the link in the chatbox!

Ok...so by searching back through the chatbox text, I found the link too, but WHERE is it on PC's website for the customer to get to??
Celebrity Cookbook DownloadOr is it only available by us sending them the link?
NEVERMIND: I see that they said starting AUGUST 3rd for others....Didn't see the memo. ;)

I don't see the cookbook on the main page. I did see a link on the HO FB page.

I didn't like that once I clicked to download the cookbook, there was a picture of a trivet, encouraging customers to shop online (which of course sends them to the lead system, not my site). I mean, I don't mind them promoting the trivet, I'm just afraid of losing sales...

Okay, so I'm not the only one who thought it was going to be on the home page? I coded my newsletters for the main page. I can go back and edit the link tonight but that won't help anyone who already sent out their newsletter :(

No, you're not the only one. The email we got from HO over the weekend says "Tuesday, Aug. 3, at the main site"

Maybe tomorrow it will be there...then again, the main site still has an ad for National Conference on the main page!

I meant the conference info is on CC, still. I just looked and the cookbook info is now on the main page of PC.com

I found it on CC under Promoting & Building Your Business - About Our Charitable Giving - Round Up from the Heart and it's there on the left.

Ah whew! I was not looking forward to telling all my subscribers that I needed to update the link!It looks like they are still doing maintenance on the site... the PWS is down right now.

NooraK said:
I didn't like that once I clicked to download the cookbook, there was a picture of a trivet, encouraging customers to shop online (which of course sends them to the lead system, not my site). I mean, I don't mind them promoting the trivet, I'm just afraid of losing sales...

I agree, why didn't they add this to our personal website?

Jennifer E said:
Maybe tomorrow it will be there...then again, the main site still has an ad for National Conference on the main page!

Don't know if it'll still be there after the update they're doing but if you clicked on it since conference it had a lot of news from conference on it. They should have said that on the main page but...

Malinda Klein said:
I agree, why didn't they add this to our personal website?

That would have made too much sense for them! They don't usually think that way when it comes to the Website things. (Seriously- how old are the guys in web/PWS-support & Design anyway? Just wondering what ERA they come from ;) .)

I think there was speculation that by having it in one location it would be easier to track the number of downloads.

I've seen the download on the main Pampered Chef page and even tried downloading it from there like my customers would, but when I click to download, my computer/speakers are making a clicking sound and my computer isn't asking me where to save it to or even to open the document. PC's page says "thank you for ..." but I'm not finding the cookbook anywhere on my computer... I've taken my pop-up blocker off too!
HELP!!?? I'd like to be able to explain how to do it to my not-so-computer-savvy customers and as savvy as I usually am, it's not downloading for me...

I know. It opens an Adobe .pdf file. Then you simply click on "File". Then click on "Save Page As..." then tell it where to go. Stupid huh! They should have made it so if someone clicked on it, it would bring up the save as screen immediately and allow it to downloaded rather than open. Sometimes these guys are such knobs. Oh and the placement, per someone at HO I spoke to at NC, was because a "counter" needed to be added to the download program and they did not want to spend the time adding to everyone's websites then have to pull all those number together. Way to time consuming and could be very inaccurate. We used these were I worked and yeah, it gets very ugly and very screwed up putting counters in. So in that they did good! If they goofed one iota on our screens, we could have lost them for a good amount of time.

Anyone knows if i can put the book pic on my FB page and a direct link underneath?
The link was taken from the PC.Com site directly.
So customers do not actually have to go through pc.com. So less chance to lose any potential customers...

Related to Where Is the Cookbook for a Cause?

1. Where can I find the Cookbook for a Cause?

The Cookbook for a Cause can be found on our website, in our catalog, or at one of our in-person events.

2. How much does the Cookbook for a Cause cost?

The Cookbook for a Cause is currently priced at $25.

3. What organizations does the Cookbook for a Cause support?

The Cookbook for a Cause supports various organizations that focus on hunger relief, nutrition education, and disaster relief efforts. Some of our past partners include Feeding America, No Kid Hungry, and the American Red Cross.

4. Are the recipes in the Cookbook for a Cause exclusive to Pampered Chef products?

No, the recipes in the Cookbook for a Cause are created with a variety of ingredients and can be made using any kitchen tools or equipment.

5. Can I purchase multiple copies of the Cookbook for a Cause?

Yes, you can purchase multiple copies of the Cookbook for a Cause. It makes a great gift for friends and family, and every purchase helps support a good cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • monicag
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • kam