• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you ever faced challenges with shipping your shows to hosts' homes?

In summary, most consultants send their shows to their hosts. If someone does have a problem with this, then the consultant offers to have the show shipped to them.
chefshawna
Gold Member
I was just wondering what everyone did? I personally have all shows shipped to me, bag them up and deliver them. From reading posts on here it sounds like most just ship them to hosts house. Do any of your hosts ever have a problem with this? I have gotten additional bookings from doing this, I'm just interested in others experiences. My recruiter did this same thing and so I just assumed that's what most consultants did.

I've only ever sent them to the host's house and when I was a host, the same thing - it was all sent to me.

Here are my guidelines it comes to me if: (they must pick up at my house)1. they live in a neighborhood under construction
2. they are flaky (& will complain every step of the way sorting)
3. They request it (due to travel, don't trust neighbors, etc)
4. They have a $1,000 show then its a courtesy

I have them shipped to hosts, but then it seems like most of my shows are 45 minutes away from me. I'm not willing to drive that far a second time to deliver products. (Go ahead, call me cheap. I don't care.) My hosts are usually fine with it - they know how home parties work. If someone did have a real problem (like they live in a crime-prone neighborhood), then I'll offer to have it shipped to me, and meet them halfway.

Well, most of my parties have been in a town at least 30 minutes away and it is getting to be much on the gas costs, I'm just afraid that since I've started this, there's no turning back now!!!!! I have an upcoming party on Friday and I am going to test out the idea of sending to her house instead and see how she feels about it. When I deliver them it usually ends up being at least 1 1/2 hours from start to finish trip and that is hard to make time to do with 2 little ones!!!

chefann said:
I have them shipped to hosts, but then it seems like most of my shows are 45 minutes away from me. I'm not willing to drive that far a second time to deliver products. (Go ahead, call me cheap. I don't care.) My hosts are usually fine with it - they know how home parties work. If someone did have a real problem (like they live in a crime-prone neighborhood), then I'll offer to have it shipped to me, and meet them halfway.

I'm with you Ann. I ship to my host's house unless they request otherwise. So far it's worked well this way. Most of my shows are also far out there and yes, travel once for the party is usually enough. I'm always driving everywhere so I let Fedex drive their shipments.

So far I have had all mine shipped to me at my business so I can check them for correct product & sort them. My best friends show went to her house & I went over there & sorted it for her. I like it so I can catch any wrong or short product PLUS it is like Christmas each shipment :) I either drop all the packages off at the host's or the host comes by my business & picks the packages up.

It goes to my host or to my host's place of work. I don't like to create work for myself. Plus I find that my hosts like seeing what their friends ordered. :)

DebbieJ said:
It goes to my host or to my host's place of work. I don't like to create work for myself. Plus I find that my hosts like seeing what their friends ordered. :)
Ooh- that reminds me of something that some consultants were doing last year. At the show, plan another gathering for 2 weeks from the show date. Everyone (except the consultant) comes to go through the boxes and pick up their stuff. When everyone sees what their friends ordered, they'll order those things, too. And it's sometimes enough to put in as a catalog show.

I've never given the option...everyone lives WAY to far away for me to deliver, and I don't want to make more work for myself...the last thing I want to do is pack up my 3 little ones and drive all around the country delivering orders!! My hosts have never complained, probably cause I have never heard of it being done any differently, and I'm sure they haven't either!

I once pondered the idea of having shows delivered to me then drop off at the hosts home, as a customer service thing but that never actually took into effect and have always had it shipped to hosts. Which now, I am glad I decided not to do to save on extra gas and mileage! I only had 1 host question it (my friend who was used to her avon rep (me a long time ago) deliver to her! But never had a problem since!

Host is the only way for me. Unless it's family or a personal show of myself then I'll have it shipped to me.

chefshawna said:
Well, most of my parties have been in a town at least 30 minutes away and it is getting to be much on the gas costs, I'm just afraid that since I've started this, there's no turning back now!!!!! I have an upcoming party on Friday and I am going to test out the idea of sending to her house instead and see how she feels about it. When I deliver them it usually ends up being at least 1 1/2 hours from start to finish trip and that is hard to make time to do with 2 little ones!!!

Just say it is a change in business practice for you.

PC wants us to ship to hosts...they give great benefits for the hosts to do that work for us. They know where their friends live and most often deliver at work.

BTW, I've ONLY had it shipped to me by special request of a friend where FedEx can't make it up her driveway, and one person who was leaving out of town. The first still sorted herself. The second I sorted out of courtesy, but she delivered.

I usually have it shipped to my house. I am much more familiar with the items and the order forms than the host. It takes so much less time for me to do it. I can also make sure there are no errors and take care of them if there is. I bag everything up and then deliver to the host. She then delivers to her guests. It has always worked really well for me.

That is the best reason I have for delivering it to me. I find hosts really like me doing it, and I do love getting all the boxes and opening them all. It is just so much gas and extra time I am wondering if it is worth it. I just don't want my business to suffer if I stop. I guess I could start leaving it to the host which way she would prefer. There may be some who would prefer to get it themselves.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!!!

I have shows delivered to me. I sort the orders and then I deliver the orders to the host to hand out to her/his guests.

I always ship to the host. I don't want any extra work on my part. Plus most of my shows are at least 35 minutes from me. I let the guests now that the host will be receiving the orders via fedex in x number of days. I let the host know that if anything is missing, incorrect or damaged to let me know asap so I can correct it. I have never had a problem doing it this way in 5 years. Only once did I have it shipped to me; it was a bridal shower & some guests also purchased for themselves.

I almost always have the shows shipped to the host. The only time I have it shipped to me is if I have added orders I've received from other customers (I don't always trust getting these orders from the host in a timely manner) or if I'm afraid their check is going to bounce. I have only done this once out of a hunch and sure enough she emailed me and asked if I could hold her check because it was going to bounce. I emailed her back letting her know I already deposited it and it never did bounce.

Most of my shows are far away. I have a hard enough time getting hosts on the phone to host coach. Arranging to drop off orders would be a big pain! Also I'm not sure how PC would cover them if we just left them on the doorstep like FedEx does.

Just to add, I also work full time so I don't have much time to do anything else so sorting and driving to my hosts' houses is not something I could add to my schedule. And driving 30 minutes to deliver seems crazy but I drive that far every day to work. So if it works for you continue to do it.

Teresa Lynn said:
Here are my guidelines it comes to me if: (they must pick up at my house)

1. they live in a neighborhood under construction
2. they are flaky (& will complain every step of the way sorting)
3. They request it (due to travel, don't trust neighbors, etc)
4. They have a $1,000 show then its a courtesy

I do #1 and #3, but I might start doing #4. I also have wedding showers shipped to me since the orders can be a bit goofy with people placing personal orders and stuff for the bride.

I personally like to ship them to my house because I've had some people say that they never got an item (which could be true) but I'd rather not deal with that and ever since I started having them sent to my house....I haven't gotten one show order that had missing product. Plus some people live in apartments or in bad neighborhoods....you wouldn't want it sitting out on the porch. Just easier for me. I bag it for the host and deliver it to her house as a courtesy.

I've never thought about having things shipped to me...I was so excited when I learned that PC doesn't have us do deliveries! I used to sell Avon and that was the worst part for me. To track people down and try to get their products to them. I'm a big 'ol procrastinator anyway I would be horrible getting things to people!

This is interesting to hear. I have most of my shows shipped to the host unless they dont feel safe having it sit on the door step. The mileage is never a problem because I live in an isolated town were there is less than 40 miles of road and most people live within 10 miles. Plus, in Alaska the shipping cost is really high 15% + $2. If someones order is over $125 then it is cheaper (shipping would be $19) to have it shipped direct to their house. I would love it if the shipping was only $4!

I have them shipped to the host unless she is going to be out of town or something and I will have it shipped to me and she will pick them up when possible.

I have never considered shipping them all to me. I do not want to deal with all those deliveries or getting everything boxed back up to give to the host. They get great benefits from PC and I think it pays them to received the shipment. I have never had a host even ask to ship it to me unless she was going to be out of town.

I don't ever deliver they have to pick it up from me

I usually have them shipped to the host. I have had a couple shipped to me since the customer didn't feel comfortable shipping it home. They worked full time and did not have a great place for the boxes to sit during the day. I had the hosts pick up from me when the boxes were delivered. I did sort them and bag them, but it was just because it was fun to see all the products.

I usually ship to the host, unless I have added orders to the show. Then I ship to me. :chef:

All of my shows, with the exception of 2, have gone to the host's home. The exceptions were a good friend of mine who is never home, and a host from the Senior Luxury Living Complex. She had 20 orders, and I volunteered thinking it might be too difficult for her to sort, bag, etc. That's one of my every 2 month show groups. Not complaining about a fun, $300 show every other month that I can count on.

Other than those circumstances, everything is shipped to the host. For the hostesses who are super busy/travel for work, etc, I have sometimes offered, but so far no one has taken me up on it.

1. Where do you usually ship your shows?

As a scientist, I have found that most consultants ship their shows directly to the host's house. However, some consultants prefer to have the shows shipped to their own address, where they can then organize and deliver the products personally.

2. Do any of your hosts have a problem with this method?

In my experience, most hosts do not have a problem with the consultant shipping the shows to their own address. However, it is always important to communicate with the host beforehand and ensure that they are comfortable with this arrangement.

3. Have you ever received additional bookings from delivering the products personally?

Yes, I have received additional bookings from delivering the products personally. It allows for a more personal interaction with the host and their guests, and can lead to future bookings and increased customer satisfaction.

4. Is this the most common method among consultants?

Based on my observations and conversations with other consultants, I would say that shipping the shows to the host's house is the most common method. However, there may be variations depending on individual preferences and circumstances.

5. How did you decide on your current shipping method?

I personally prefer to have the shows shipped to my own address so that I can ensure the products are organized and delivered efficiently. This method also allows for potential face-to-face interaction with the host and guests, which can lead to additional bookings and customer satisfaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Monica9498
Replies