• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Can I Find the Recipe for Harvest Chicken Salad?

In summary, the Harvest Chicken Salad recipe can be found in the Season's Best cookbook, which can be downloaded from Consultant's Corner. The salad can be made ahead, but the apples and dressing should be added right before serving to prevent sogginess. Dried cranberries can be found in the canned fruit aisle, and stone-ground mustard should be used instead of ground mustard for the dressing. Clementines or mandarin oranges can be used as a substitute for regular oranges. This recipe is suitable for a show and can be served as a topper for crackers or bread instead of with lettuce.
jchesley
Does anyone have the Harvest Chicken Salad that they could share with me? I looked on Joyce's website and searched this one and still couldn't come up with it. Do you know which cookbook it's in?

Jessica

Here it is.

Trish in Texas
Future Director and Recruiter
Just signed #3

Attachments

• Harvest Chicken Salad and Glazed Pecans Recipe.doc
    43 KB · Views: 339
It's actually in the Season's Best; you can download it from Consultant's Corner.

I made this the other night with the chicken in the cranberry roaster. I thought that the 2tbsp ground mustard was a bit much, so next time i will only use 1 tbsp.

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
I made this the other night with the chicken in the cranberry roaster. I thought that the 2tbsp ground mustard was a bit much, so next time i will only use 1 tbsp.

Make sure you're using the stone-ground mustard, not just ground mustard (stoneground is stuff you squeeze out of the bottle, not dried). I learned the hard way when my salad came out way too mustardy tasting.

Diane

Can this salad be made ahead? I've never bought dried cranberries - any suggestions? I'm making this for a show Friday night. I'm planning to have all the food made before the guests arrive. This is my hosts third show with in the past year, so her guests know the drill. We're playing PC bingo and talking about diet friendly recipes and ideas as well.

You can make the salad ahead, except for the apples and dressing. If you let it sit it gets soggy. Dried cranberries are in the canned fruit aisle of most grocery stores. Ocean Spray makes some that are pretty good.

I think 2 T stone ground mustard is just right! This is my demo recipe this month and everyone loves it! The only thing I am frowning on now is that oranges are now $1 a piece here! And I usually buy 4 for the recipe (2 dressing and 2 for segments!) I buy the groceries and have my hosts pay me $20 with their guest list.

Are you making this for a show?

dianevill said:
Make sure you're using the stone-ground mustard, not just ground mustard (stoneground is stuff you squeeze out of the bottle, not dried). I learned the hard way when my salad came out way too mustardy tasting.

Diane

I hear ya there Diane!! We had to eat hot chili as a chaser for my salad m:eek: ishap

fruit76loop said:
You can make the salad ahead, except for the apples and dressing. If you let it sit it gets soggy. Dried cranberries are in the canned fruit aisle of most grocery stores. Ocean Spray makes some that are pretty good.

I think 2 T stone ground mustard is just right! This is my demo recipe this month and everyone loves it! The only thing I am frowning on now is that oranges are now $1 a piece here! And I usually buy 4 for the recipe (2 dressing and 2 for segments!) I buy the groceries and have my hosts pay me $20 with their guest list.

Are you making this for a show?

In a pinch, I have used clementines instead of oranges, they might be cheaper because we get them from out of the country, but you also get so much more of them per box. I use them for my dressing as well ( shows off the Citrus Press) or in a real jam you could use mandarin oranges. Also in NY we have Boars Head cold cuts ( not sure from state to state what everyone has) they have a Deli Mustard which I use & the dressing comes out fine...HTH

Yes, I'm using this recipe at a show, but I'm making the food ahead. It's a "regular" crowd who are all (as a subdivision) doing the Biggest Loser. In addition we're having Chicken tortilla soup and the WW cake mix/diet soda cake with strawberries.

What website are you referring to when you say "joyce's website"?

I made this without the lettuce once - it was great as a topper for crackers/bread.

What ingredients are in the Harvest Chicken Salad?

The Harvest Chicken Salad is made with diced chicken, apples, grapes, celery, dried cranberries, and a creamy dressing.

Is the Harvest Chicken Salad gluten-free?

Yes, the Harvest Chicken Salad is gluten-free. The dressing is made with gluten-free ingredients and there are no gluten-containing ingredients in the salad itself. However, we always recommend checking the label or asking for specific dietary concerns.

Can I make the Harvest Chicken Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Harvest Chicken Salad ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just make sure to keep it in an airtight container and stir before serving.

How many servings does the Harvest Chicken Salad recipe make?

The Harvest Chicken Salad recipe makes approximately 6 servings. However, this can vary depending on individual portion sizes.

What are some suggested ways to serve the Harvest Chicken Salad?

The Harvest Chicken Salad can be served on top of a bed of lettuce, as a sandwich filling, or with crackers as an appetizer. You can also add in additional ingredients such as avocado, nuts, or cheese to customize it to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • KCPChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • Trish1953
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies