• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I make a layered BBQ chicken cobb salad with sweet corn?

Yes, sorry - it's equal parts. I use Sweet Baby Ray's regular. Oh - and the other thing that is different is that it has a cup of frozen, thawed (I usually thaw it in the microwave) sweet corn in it too.
KRISTI'SCOOKING
I am not very handy at searches. I just put in exactly what I am looking for and of course everything under the sun comes up but what I'm looking for!

Does anyone have the recipe for Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad ?

Kristi

1 pkg (16 oz) iceberg lettuce salad mix
1 large cucumber
1/2 small red onion
1 avocado, peeled
2 med. tomatoes, seeded
3/4 c. shredded cheddar
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt & pepper
1/2 c. bbq sauce
3 slices bacon, crisp, drained & crumbled
1/2 c. ranch salad dressing

Basically, you get the lettuce & veggies ready in a bowl. Put the veggies & cheese in rows over the lettuce, leaving an open row down the center.

Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes & grill on skewers, brushing with bbq sauce.

Cool slightly & then put chicken in empty row. Sprinkle with bacon. Drizzle dressing over salad & toss lightly. Serve immediately.

THANK YOU, Crystal!

Do you use any dressing?

Kristi

It calls for 1/2 c. ranch dressing. IMHO, that's not nearly enough! :D I'd just have extra dressing on the side.

crystalscookingnow said:
It calls for 1/2 c. ranch dressing. IMHO, that's not nearly enough! :D I'd just have extra dressing on the side.

I do a salad similar to this, and the salad dressing is ranch mixed with BBQ sauce. That makes the dressing go further - and it's really yummy too. I like to dip chips in the leftover dressing!:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
I do a salad similar to this, and the salad dressing is ranch mixed with BBQ sauce. That makes the dressing go further - and it's really yummy too. I like to dip chips in the leftover dressing!:thumbup:

Do you mix equal parts? The mixture sounds perfect for this salad!

Krisit

KRISTI'SCOOKING said:
Do you mix equal parts? The mixture sounds perfect for this salad!Krisit
Yes, sorry - it's equal parts. I use Sweet Baby Ray's regular. Oh - and the other thing that is different is that it has a cup of frozen, thawed (I usually thaw it in the microwave) sweet corn in it too.

1. How do I assemble the Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad?

To assemble the Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad, start by layering chopped romaine lettuce in a large bowl. Then, top the lettuce with layers of diced tomatoes, crumbled bacon, hard-boiled eggs, diced avocado, and shredded cheddar cheese. Next, add a layer of diced grilled chicken that has been tossed in BBQ sauce. Finally, drizzle ranch dressing over the top and serve.

2. Can I make the Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad ahead of time. It is best to assemble the salad and store it in the refrigerator without adding the dressing. When ready to serve, simply drizzle the dressing over the top and toss to combine.

3. What type of BBQ sauce is recommended for the Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad?

Any type of BBQ sauce can be used for the Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad, but a smoky or sweet BBQ sauce typically works best. You can also use a homemade BBQ sauce if preferred.

4. Can I use a different type of protein in the Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad?

Yes, you can use a different type of protein in the Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad. Grilled shrimp, steak, or tofu are all great alternatives to chicken. You can also omit the protein altogether for a vegetarian option.

5. How long will the Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad last in the refrigerator?

The Layered BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator if stored in an airtight container. It is best to add the dressing right before serving to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KCPChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies