• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Should I Bring Up an Extension for My Consultant?

In summary, my consultant is taking a one month break and will be back at it in July. She has $6400 in sales and I'm wondering if I should put through a one month extension on the 25th.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
One of my consultants just sent me an email that said she's taking her "one month off" and will be back at it in July. She has $6400 in sales and i'm wondering if i should bring up the extension.

I thought of something like this "We may want to look at putting through a one month extension on the 25th if you have a don't have a show scheduled until the end of July (in case a show cancels). You've worked long and hard for your career sales and your getting close to your 2 % raise. I know your allowed an extension, and i don't want you to use it if you don't need it (your only allowed ONE a year).

BUT I don't want to give the impression that it's ok to NOT put in a show next month.

When do you bring up an extension? Should I wait until the 15th of next month?

Well the extension process is in the policy guide so it's not like it's a secret to her. But seeing as she's in communication with you on the matter I guess I'm not sure why you WOULDN'T make sure she's aware of the policy.

I thought they didn't offer extensions anymore?

chefsteph07 said:
I thought they didn't offer extensions anymore?

It's in the July 2009 Consultant Policy, so as far as I know they still offer it.

YOu may want to just double-check the 4/16/2010 Consultant Guide on CC currently. July 2009 is rather old, they've had a few updates. But you may very well be right.

I don't understand the need for an extension. If she's only taking July off, she's not going to lose anything. Does she have $150 in sales for June? If so, then she only has to turn something in for August to not lose anything. She will be inactive for the month of July but there isn't a consequence (other than no paycheck for the month) for only one month of inactivity.

crystalscookingnow said:
I don't understand the need for an extension. If she's only taking July off, she's not going to lose anything. Does she have $150 in sales for June? If so, then she only has to turn something in for August to not lose anything. She will be inactive for the month of July but there isn't a consequence (other than no paycheck for the month) for only one month of inactivity.

No, she's doesn't have anything in for June (and isn't planning on it). She's planning on starting her business back up in July. As of now, she has no shows on the calender. So she's going to be inactive for June.

if she's just going to be inactive for one month, then the extension is not necessary. If she submits nothing and June and at least $150 in COMMISSIONABLE sales in July, she is fine.

Last edited:
Just make it really clear to her that she must submit $150 in July or she loses the progress toward her 2% raise and that adorable chef hat necklace (have you seen it? - too cute).

It's her choice!

You could check back with her after conference to see if she in fact has a show that will go in. She has to make the request by the 25th of July. I would NOT use it in June since she has the grace month anyway (she can skip 1 month without penalty).

BethCooks4U said:
Just make it really clear to her that she must submit $150 in July or she loses the progress toward her 2% raise and that adorable chef hat necklace (have you seen it? - too cute).It's her choice!You could check back with her after conference to see if she in fact has a show that will go in. She has to make the request by the 25th of July. I would NOT use it in June since she has the grace month anyway (she can skip 1 month without penalty).
Isn't it now $200 with the new career plan?ETA: Oops, I was wrong. Still thinking old plan. It's $150 with the new plan.

1. Should I bring up an extension during a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, it is always a good idea to bring up an extension during a Pampered Chef party. This will give your guests the opportunity to purchase additional products and increase your sales.

2. How do I know which products to offer as an extension?

It's important to choose products that complement the main products being showcased at the party. For example, if you are demonstrating a knife set, you may want to offer a cutting board or knife sharpener as an extension.

3. What is the best way to present an extension to my guests?

The best way to present an extension is to mention it during your product demonstration or towards the end of the party. You can also create a separate display or table for the extension products to make them more visible to your guests.

4. Should I offer discounts or incentives for purchasing an extension?

Offering discounts or incentives can be a great way to encourage guests to purchase extensions. You can offer a discount for purchasing multiple extensions or include a free gift with the purchase of an extension.

5. Can I still offer extensions if I am hosting a virtual Pampered Chef party?

Absolutely! You can offer extensions during a virtual party by showcasing the products on your screen or providing a link for guests to purchase the extensions online. You can also offer virtual host rewards for guests who purchase extensions during the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Robin R
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • AJPratt
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • chefmoseley