• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's your secret to a delicious Tuna, Egg & Chicken Salad?

In summary, the conversation revolves around different types of salads, including egg salad, chicken salad, and tuna salad. Various ingredients and recipes are shared, such as adding grapes, celery, mayonnaise, and spices. The conversation also briefly touches on the topic of curry and its different variations. The participants express their love for salads and share personal preferences and family recipes.
Kathytnt
When YOU make these each of these salad what do you usually put in yours? Mine always seem to need a little Umph so I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks, Kathy

Egg salad, I use eggs (obviously) mayo, mustard, and salt and pepper which is boring but pretty good.

Chicken Salad, I put mayo, chopped up lettuce, chopped uptomatoes, Chopped up onions, grated cheese, salt & pepper Its really good.

If you like relish, my gma makes it with mayo onion and relish, but i dont care for it much bc I dont like relish.

I dont make tuna salad, but my mom makes it the same as the chicken salad. Hope that helps.

OK, this is right up my alley. I have the BEST ckn salad recipe that I make for any occasion usually when we have friends over for lunch. It calls for cooked canned ckn, crushed pineapple, eggs, green onion, celery, grapes, chopped almonds & mayo. I serve it on a bed of lettuce on a croissant. Delicious!

Well I may have to pass on the croissant since I am trying to diet bu for my protein I like all of these salads and was planning on using FF mayo

Yummy to all!

I've been known to put a little Tobasco into my tuna salad.You never get to hear the salad sing, though, because no one knows how to tuna fish.

I love love chicken salad !
I use mayo, celery, red grapes & about 2 tablespoons of mango chutney. Yum !
I have been making so much lately too since I can cook the chicken in the microwave!

In my egg salad I use a jar of drained sliced green olives.
My chicken salad has green grapes, Brianna's poppyseed dressing , hellmans and cream of coconut milk.

KG Bwahaha - You 2 funny

My favorite chicken salad recipe is from PC is it the Curry Chicken Salad. It was in a SB about a year or so ago. More than likely a S/S one. It was in the same book that had the Mango Salsa recipe in it.

I love it!! I calls for: mayo, apples, craisins, celery,curry s&p. It is sooo good! I eat it with lettuce leaves or Wheat Thins.

I am not sure I even know what curry tastes like - I don't think I have had much with that flavor - I need to get out more BUt I think I have all the ingredients

Technically a curry is a mixture of spices. Kind of like Jerk Seasoning, each family and region can have its own curry mixture.

This is how I make my saladsFor the Tuna salad: can of tuna, boiled egg, pickles, onion, mayo and salt and pepper to taste.

For the Chicken salad: Chopped chicken, mayo, pecans or walnuts, salt, pepper, celery and grapes.

For the egg salad: eggs, mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and a bit of dill mix.

Hope this helps!!

I like my Mom's Tuna salad better than any other I have tried. Can't figure out why:confused: . Anyway she uses:

Canned Tuna, miracle whip or mayo, finally (ha, ha) chopped celery, sweet pickle relish or diced sweet pickles, diced hard boiled egg. We usually serve with lettuce on the bread or toast.

I know some people use dill pickles and / or onion, but we never did.

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the recipe ideas. My family won't eat anything "salad"...tuna, chicken, egg...but, I put diced apples in my tuna salad. I ate it somewhere and loved it. People around here think that is strange. I can't even remember where I got the idea.

cmdtrgd said:
Technically a curry is a mixture of spices. Kind of like Jerk Seasoning, each family and region can have its own curry mixture.
Tha's what y'all does with y'all's golf clubs when y'all ain't got a cart. Ya curry 'em.

I throw in a dash of Worchestershire sauce for my deviled eggs.

I love deviled eggs - I need that Chillzanne

Try some sweet pickle relish in the egg salad. YUMMY!!! My partner likes to add Old Bay to his.

For my chicken salad I use mayo, chopped onion, celery, and garlic salt or powder

[hijack]
Jason, c'mon over to the hijacking thread, where we're currently discussing fashion, and tell us about your AV.
[/hijack]

1. How long will tuna, egg, and chicken salads stay fresh in the fridge?

The general rule for storing salads is 3-5 days in the refrigerator. However, it is recommended to consume tuna, egg, and chicken salads within 1-2 days for optimal freshness and food safety.

2. Can I use canned tuna for the tuna salad?

Yes, canned tuna can be used for tuna salad. Just make sure to drain the excess liquid before mixing it with the other ingredients.

3. What is the best way to cook the chicken for the chicken salad?

The best way to cook chicken for chicken salad is to poach it. This involves simmering the chicken in water or broth until it is fully cooked. You can also bake or grill the chicken and then shred it for the salad.

4. Can I substitute mayonnaise with a healthier option?

Yes, you can substitute mayonnaise with Greek yogurt or avocado for a healthier option. These alternatives will still provide a creamy texture and add flavor to the salad.

5. Can I make these salads ahead of time?

Yes, tuna, egg, and chicken salads can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. However, it is recommended to add any dressing or mayonnaise right before serving to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_jessica
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
Replies
Views
esavvymom