• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Use the Mix 'N Chop for Quick and Easy Meal Prep?

In summary, these devices detect when you take a step and then add that number of steps to your goal.
DebPC
Staff member
Ideas For Mix N ChopFrom Chef Success...

My son used it to scramble eggs. Though of it all by himself, too. Posted by Jewel

You can use it when making guacamole... posted by SummerG

I've even used it when I needed a pastry blender and it works great there too. I heard you can use it for potato salad too. Posted by PamperedHarriett

I use it with the Quick-Stir Pitcher when I don't have time to thaw my concentrate. I chop up the juice with the Mix 'N Chop, add my water and then plunge the daylights out of it. Posted by PCJulie

Mix up meatloaf (if you won't use your hands for that job!)
Cut up eggs for egg salad- posted by KellytheChef

Tuna salad, chicken salad, ham salad, etc.
Taco meat, chili, sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce - put in wonton cups or tortilla cups?
Shred pork or beef for barbeque?
Cut up fruits for Apple Berry Salsa? Posted by Grayby

I got one about a year ago. You clip it to your the top of your pants/ skirt and it counts your steps. We are all supposed to aim for 10,000 steps a day. Sometimes I make it and sometimes I don't but its fun. I make a game out of it. Like- if I go to the mail box that's 50 more steps, if I take some stuff down to the basement I can add more steps. You can get them at Target for about $12. Then every morning you press the clear button and start over.

I got one a few weeks ago and also joined www.AmericaOnTheMove.org which allows you to track your steps. You can choose which trail you want to set your goal for - I'm using the Ididarod (sp?) one, but there is also the Oregon Trail and others. It is pretty cool! If you want to join my group, PM me!

I have one. I got it a few years ago. Its a good one with memory and stuff, but I havent used it in ages. I suppose if I am going to get the baby blubber off I need to hunt it down and use it again.

I did one for a while when I was trying to loose baby weight. Guess come May I will need another one.

Has anyone spent a good amount of money on one? It seems like mine counts a lot more steps than I take. I know it adds steps when I open and close the cover just from that jostling. It was cheap, so I'm not sure if the more expensive ones are more accurate.

My kids got them from thei school last year...they had a heart walk-a-thon. They LOVE to see how many steps they have taken each day!!

I paid about $20 for mine. It has a 7 day log, distance calculator, and calorie estimation.

code please!?
cmdtrgd said:
I got one a few weeks ago and also joined ....... which allows you to track your steps. You can choose which trail you want to set your goal for - I'm using the Ididarod (sp?) one, but there is also the Oregon Trail and others. It is pretty cool! If you want to join my group, PM me!

cmdtrgd- I PM'd you... can you please share your group code??

thanks a bunch!

J

How do these devices detect when you take a step?

Jess_K said:
cmdtrgd- I PM'd you... can you please share your group code??

thanks a bunch!

J

I haven't seen her on here in a long time you might e-mail her too.

Admin Greg said:
How do these devices detect when you take a step?

I think it has to do with the motion of our hips when we walk. You calibrate them by the length of your steps and I think it is supposed to tick off based on the motion???

I had one I got from Weight Watchers and I think it was calibrated right because I was holding it looking at it one day and watched it click off steps while I was sitting there.

I need to get it out and try again.

I'd like one that estimated calories. That would be tough though b/c you can burn calories by just being.

1. What is a "Step Pedometer" and how does it work?

A "Step Pedometer" is a small device that tracks the number of steps you take throughout the day. It works by using a sensor to detect motion and then calculating the number of steps based on that motion.

2. How accurate is the "Step Pedometer"?

The accuracy of a "Step Pedometer" can vary depending on the specific model and brand. However, most pedometers have an accuracy rate of about 95%, which means they may be off by a small margin.

3. Can the "Step Pedometer" track other activities besides walking or running?

Yes, some "Step Pedometers" have the ability to track other activities such as cycling or even swimming. However, it's important to check the product specifications to see which activities can be tracked.

4. How do I reset my "Step Pedometer"?

The process for resetting a "Step Pedometer" may vary depending on the specific model. However, most pedometers can be reset by simply pressing and holding a designated button for a few seconds. Refer to the instruction manual for specific instructions.

5. Can I sync my "Step Pedometer" with my smartphone or other devices?

Some "Step Pedometers" have the capability to sync with smartphones or other devices via Bluetooth or a USB connection. This allows you to track your progress and view your step count on a larger screen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmyDare
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AldeaY
  • cookingwithdot
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Rosechef
  • pattikake