• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Know Mix & Chop Can Be Used for More Than Just Mixing?

In summary, many people love this tool and find it useful for a variety of tasks such as mixing tuna, crushing tortilla chips, and breaking up frozen hashbrown patties. Some have also used it for mashing avocado and potatoes, shredding chicken, and mixing frozen juice. However, there are some who do not like it, possibly because they are resistant to change or do not use it properly. Some have also found it difficult to clean.
cookingwithdot
Gold Member
I LOVE this tool and so many of my guests and hosts do too!! When I explain it & demo it at shows, I would say that 90% of guests buy it.

The other day, I try using it 2 different ways & I thought I would share.

First one was mixing tuna! Made it nice and smooth & got the chunks out.

2nd was when I was making the Southwest Meatloaf - instead of putting the tortilla chips in a bag (and wasting a bag) and crushing with the meat tenderizer, I put them in a measuring cup & "crunched" them down with the mix & chop (slowly). This allowed me to see in the measuring cup how much I had & I could add more chips to get the amount of crushed chips that I needed. It worked out great!

Just wanted to share ...

I used mine last night when I was making the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares. My Hash-brown patties were still frozen, so I put them in a single layer on my large bar pan and popped it in the oven as it was preheating. When they felt like they were thawing/softening up...I pulled the pan out of the oven and used my Mix-n-Chop to break them up into the crumbles- without having to touch them and get all messy or burnt! :)

Thank you both for the ideas listed above--great ideas! I have used it for scrambled eggs, as well as for breaking up hamburg or sausage.

esavvymom said:
I used mine last night when I was making the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares. My Hash-brown patties were still frozen, so I put them in a single layer on my large bar pan and popped it in the oven as it was preheating. When they felt like they were thawing/softening up...I pulled the pan out of the oven and used my Mix-n-Chop to break them up into the crumbles- without having to touch them and get all messy or burnt! :)

LOL - this is how I do it whenever my host forgets to get her hashbrown patties out of the freezer! :D

It also works great for crushing graham crackers!

I use mine for mashing avocado when it's not quite ripe enough yet.

I had 3 people at my show last night tell me they hated it... I was dumfounded...

Great for mashing potatoes (I prefer them a bit chunky).
Also for mixing frozen juice... that was my husband's discovery!

great for shredding a chicken breast, chopping up ice chunks, breaking up cookies/graham crackers -- I love it for lots of things!

etteluap70PC said:
I had 3 people at my show last night tell me they hated it... I was dumfounded...

Did they hate it, or did they just not bring themselves to use it? Many people don't like change and with such an innovative tool many people see it as a waste of money (thus the hate) because they don't use it.

I've seen many people become a believer just based on other people's testimonials and I found out they didn't like it in the first place because they didn't use it!!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - this is how I do it whenever my host forgets to get her hashbrown patties out of the freezer! :D

The frozen hashbrowns always happens! I usually just toss in micro and zap 2 minutes...nice and soft afterwards. Proceed as directed with mix n chop.

etteluap70PC said:
I had 3 people at my show last night tell me they hated it... I was dumbfounded...

I'll admit- I actually don't like it for breaking up ground beef/meat. I prefer to use what I've always used- the bamboo spatulas. :) But I do keep trying...it just isn't "happening" for me as easily as the spatulas......but I do use it for lots of other things.

I didn't like it at first for using w/ browning meat. But kept trying it out and now have decided that it is better than using anything else I have.

LOL--Tonight the hosts margarita salt was kind of "cakey" and I grabbed the mix and chop out of the TTA and proclaimed yet another use for it!!

I've always used it for mashed potatoes :)

Jen1409 said:
I've always used it for mashed potatoes :)

do you mash real potatoes with it that you cook up, or instant mashed potatoes?

I use it to mash my strawberries when making jam and if I make an ice cream punch, I use it to break up the ice cream in the punch.

I've had ppl not like it because it is tough to clean. They don't like how food sticks in the creases.

chefcharity said:
I use it to mash my strawberries when making jam and if I make an ice cream punch, I use it to break up the ice cream in the punch.

I've had ppl not like it because it is tough to clean. They don't like how food sticks in the creases.

Great idea with the jam!
I've never had issues with food sticking. Everything has come right out. Sometimes I use a toothbrush or a baby bottle cleaning brush to get particles out of the salad choppers or the mix 'n chop if needed.

gailz2 said:
do you mash real potatoes with it that you cook up, or instant mashed potatoes?

real mashed, theres no instant in our house

I used it last night to break up home canned tomatoes for a spaghetti sauce. I make a pomodoro sauce similar to Olive Gardens, and I use home canned tomatoes- they are big chunks, versus diced tomatoes. It worked really well....just had to be careful not to squirt myself! :)

Jen1409 said:
real mashed, theres no instant in our house

I'm soo with you on this one. I grew up in a house where instant and mashed shared equal time on the dinner table. I have to say though, I'll never even look at a bowl of instant mashed potatoes again if I can help it. Eww.:yuck:

ShelbyMichalek said:
Did they hate it, or did they just not bring themselves to use it? Many people don't like change and with such an innovative tool many people see it as a waste of money (thus the hate) because they don't use it.

I've seen many people become a believer just based on other people's testimonials and I found out they didn't like it in the first place because they didn't use it!!

nope they preferred spatulas... I personally do not get it! To each their own!

etteluap70PC said:
nope they preferred spatulas... I personally do not get it! To each their own!

Which is why we also carry spatulas :) (and now have metal pans after years of proclaiming that you didn't need metal if you had our stoneware -- some people just don't like stoneware).

etteluap70PC said:

I'm not a fan of, but I still try to sell it by having guest use it. I don't think it's very easy to use for everyone either. I have tendinitis in my wrist and hand, so it can be painful for me to use.

I didn't like using it for browning meat at first either, but when I was done browning the meat I realized how well it worked. I felt like it wasn't really breaking it up at first without ALOT of effort but if you keep going with it, the end product is really great. I do find though that the creases are a bit hard to clean. I also find that the raw meat sticks in the creases so even when the meat in the pan is done cooking there's still raw meat on the mix-n-chop. I never had a problem when I had a dishwasher, but now we don't have one anymore :(

mrshamel3808 said:
I didn't like using it for browning meat at first either, but when I was done browning the meat I realized how well it worked. I felt like it wasn't really breaking it up at first without ALOT of effort but if you keep going with it, the end product is really great. I do find though that the creases are a bit hard to clean. I also find that the raw meat sticks in the creases so even when the meat in the pan is done cooking there's still raw meat on the mix-n-chop. I never had a problem when I had a dishwasher, but now we don't have one anymore :(

Would a good stiff bottle brush work for you? I do that to rinse, then toss in the dishwasher.

I used the mix n chop to mash bananas for banana bread last weekend. I usually do this by hand, but the mix n chop did a great job, directly in the measuring cup!

etteluap70PC said:

When I have someone tell me they aren't happy with a tool, I try to find out if they are using it properly.
With this tool, I've found that some people are banging it up and down to use it instead of doing the "twisting" motion, which is why they aren't enjoying it.

Hope that helps! :balloon:

It's great for making egg salad too!

What is the "2 New Uses for Mix & Chop" product?

The "2 New Uses for Mix & Chop" is a kitchen tool from Pampered Chef that is designed to easily break up and mix ingredients while cooking.

What are the two new uses for the Mix & Chop?

The first new use is for mashing avocados for guacamole or baby food. The second new use is for shredding cooked chicken or pork for tacos, sandwiches, or salads.

How do I clean the Mix & Chop?

The Mix & Chop is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water.

Can the Mix & Chop be used on non-stick cookware?

Yes, the Mix & Chop is safe to use on non-stick cookware, as the nylon blades will not scratch the surface.

Is the Mix & Chop suitable for all types of food?

The Mix & Chop is great for breaking up and mixing all kinds of food, such as ground meat, fruits, vegetables, and even hard boiled eggs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• itsjustCarla
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
straitfan