• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Reason for Going to Nc?

In summary, the PC National Conference is a great opportunity to gain motivation and inspiration for your business, meet new friends, and learn new techniques.
jentapp
I've never been to a PC National Conference before, and neither has either of my recruits. I'm going, I'm excited. The thing is, I have NO IDEA of what I'm excited about. LOL

So tell me...what is YOUR favorite thing about NC?

I do not know - this is my first conference too. My SD told me that you get totally re-energized after going, so that's what I am looking forward to! (plus a chance to get out of my house and away from my family for a couple of days!) I know that sounded bad. sorry! Everyone needs some "me" time now and then! This will be my "me" time - and it's a long time coming! I have several cd's from workshops at past conferences, and I just can't wait to actually be there!

This is my first conference as well, and I love PC, but it isn't my fulltime job, and I actually have stayed with it longer than I had thought! (just a little addicting! ;)) But, I decided to make the investment since it will be a write-off, but will be such a great way to grow personally, even if I don't stick with PC for ever and ever... I mean how many chances would I get for this opportunity in my life if I did stop selling?

I have been told for more than a year how exciting national conference is. I didn't go last year because I was so new in the business and didn't have the money to go. This year I saved for it.I really need a jumpstart to my business ... I have some bookings throught he summer and fall, but I would really like to have a consistent calendar and hosts.I also want to travel and go somewhere with my cluster and party for a few days! Hopefully I will get some sleep. LOL

--Getting new ideas
--Networking
--Crossing the stage....or watching others cross the stage and knowing that I can achieve that, too
--Getting away
--Meeting new friends
--Seeing the new products and being the first to hear about new specials and stuff

Sharing ideas

Rubbing elbows with consultants from EVERYWHERE!

Getting fired up for my business

Shopping in Chicago (Okay, not one of the big reasons, but definitely a plus!)

I want to drink in EVERY bit of inspiration and wisdom that is there... and meet loads of you and especially learn and build my confidence on recruiting and building this into a totally awesome business for myself and many others along side me. I am SO excited!

My 1st Conference - I have to admit I'm really excited about the tour! Being an engineer in a very similar warehouse, I want to see it SO bad...I hope they let us see more than a video... :( They use the same pick-to-light company we do and simliar technology so I'm very familiar with it and would love to see how they are set up.

Ok, on a PC note, I want to see the new products, meet some of you great people and get some great ideas!

On a side note, I want to review schedules and see who I can meet at sessions. I think I'm at least in one with Rae and Kristi - hopefully more people! :)

• training
  • new product announcements
  • social time with cluster-mates
  • meeting new folks (like all of you!)
  • getting away from the routine for a few days

This will be my first conference as well! I am very, very excited because I know how motivating conferences are based on my past experiences in college (Panhellenic Conferences).

I look forward to gaining the motivation and inspiration to come back and get my PC business where I want it. I am a full time 1st grade teacher, but I want more out of PC!

Here is my list:
  • recruiting motivation
  • new produts
  • team building
  • get away from the regular ole swing of things
  • new ideas

I agree with what everyone else has said. Last year, I was brand new, signed in May and went and it was amazing.

This year, I can't wait. Plus, I love the mystery box thing! For those who don't know, they offer boxes, usually 3 levels of pricing, with retired products in them. You buy whichever you want, they open it and then swap if you like. That was a blast. Plus, UPS was there for us to ship it back home. Big bonus! I hope they continue to do this.

This will be my second conference. What I like most about NC .... EVERYTHING SAID ABOVE X10!!!! My head was so swollen with ideas on my way home I couldn't wait to implement them. Talking to people from all over... networking ... excitement ... new products ... rewards to those who have achieved so much and worked so hard to get there ... shopping ... putting a face to a name ... sitting in Doris' chair ... IT WAS THE BEST OF THE BEST. I hope I never have to miss one.

I am there to LEARN NEW WORDS
You all know my background is in psychology. Marketing is VERY psychology based. Something I learned at my first conference is that WORD CHOICE is HUGELY important in this business:

"...and if you host a show with me I could make the _____(recipe) for you and your friends"
vs
"...and when you host a show with me I will make the ______ (recipe) for you and your friends"

So, when I go to conference I am REALLY excited to learn new words and phrases to use.
And I also can't wait to see touch fell and hear about all the new products and incentives...
oh, and I'm excited to get a diamond ;)

I've gone once before, but couldn't go last year. Biggest thing I missed was the shopping! I love going b/c I get away from home for a few days (I'm a SAHM so it's very needed). It's a rejuvenation. I love seeing the new products right away and chatting with my cluster mates each evening about what we learned. I'm SO excited! It's tiring, but great.

janetupnorth said:
On a side note, I want to review schedules and see who I can meet at sessions. I think I'm at least in one with Rae and Kristi - hopefully more people! :)

I think we may have a class together too. Somehow or another, I think I ended up with an almost duplicate schedule with Rae & Kristi. :) And, no, I'm not a stalker!

New Products Revealed! Deep Dish Chicago Pizza! Time with cluster as friends. Time away from home (I'm a SAHM too!) New ideas from consultants of Every level... Great attitude "pump up!" HO Tour... The list goes on and on!

Reason: my first conference!!! WOOOHOOOO! I want to go get pumped up, meet everybody, new ideas, see the new fall products (I am going to earn that is.) Spend some time in Chicago! My family is coming and this is our first vacation as a family! No kidding, we are going to South Dakota when we leave Chicago! Just can't wait! I am so excited I can't stand it!

crystalscookingnow said:
I think we may have a class together too. Somehow or another, I think I ended up with an almost duplicate schedule with Rae & Kristi. :) And, no, I'm not a stalker!

Cool! Yeah, I think we were looking at that on the other thread...thanks for the reminder...I know (well I sure hope) you're not a stalker...:eek: :rolleyes:

Hey, we all posted our schedules! :) LOL!

I'll have to try and find you too!

THis is my 3rd conference....after my first I realized what all the excitement was about & swore I wouldn't miss another one! (I couldn't go the first 3 years) I'm glad all you first-timers are so excited! You won't be let down! For all the reasons already listed....it's the biggest business boost you can get:) Something unexpected I've also gotten out of going is more independence (traveling without my family) and more confidence too.
Here's another reason: seeing Doris & possibly getting a photo opp with her! (can definately be done at the career club lunch!)

Last year was my first conference & I also swore I'd never miss another one if I could help it! The thing that struck me the most was watching everyone walking across the stage for TPC or directorship. Seeing HOW MANY people walked made me realize it wasn't just for a select few & that I could be one of them. As my director said, it helped me see the "big picture". It was also fun to meet other consultants & you can't beat being in the room when they announce the new products. All that excitement is contagious!

I should be invited to the career club lunch next year (I'm a little over $35000 in career sales right now so I will hit $50000 by next year). I'd love to meet Doris! The closest I got to her last conference was seeing her on stage.

I'm excited this year to be at the Career Club Luncheon!
What I love every year is what everyone else has already said......I also love meeting people from all over the country - last yr I sat on a shuttle bus w/ a consultant from Hawaii! I thought that was amazing! I live in Michigan, just 3 hrs north of Chicago, and it is so easy, and inexpensive for us to go to Conference......When I meet people from further away, who really made a committment and sacrifice to come to Conference, it humbles me, makes me thankful, and also makes me realize I have no good excuse for not making Conference a priority! (well, except for having a due date that's the first day of conference!;) :eek: )

Related to What's Your Reason for Going to Nc?

1. What is the reason for going to NC?

There could be many reasons for going to NC, as it is a popular travel destination. Some people go for vacation and to explore the beautiful beaches and mountains, while others may be visiting family or friends. Some people may also go for business or work-related reasons.

2. Is there a specific event or activity in NC that is the reason for going?

Yes, there are many events and activities in NC that attract visitors. Some popular ones include the North Carolina State Fair, Biltmore Estate, and the Outer Banks. There are also many festivals, concerts, and sporting events that draw people to the state.

3. Is NC a good place to go for a family vacation?

Absolutely! NC offers a variety of family-friendly activities and attractions. From outdoor adventures like hiking and camping to theme parks and museums, there is something for everyone in the family to enjoy. Plus, the state has beautiful beaches and scenic mountains, making it a great destination for a family vacation.

4. Is NC a safe place to visit?

Yes, NC is generally a safe place to visit. As with any travel destination, it is always important to use common sense and take precautions to stay safe. Make sure to research the areas you plan on visiting and follow the local laws and regulations to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip.

5. What is the weather like in NC?

The weather in NC varies depending on the region and season. Generally, the state has a mild climate with hot summers and mild winters. The coastal areas tend to be more humid, while the mountain regions can experience colder temperatures and snowfall. It is best to check the weather forecast before your trip to pack accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefashleigh