• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Favorite Meatball Recipe?

Mine are a little different. I use 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of milk, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1/2 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese. I also add in 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley and 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil. I mix everything together well and then shape the meatballs into golf ball size. I then refrigerate them for about 1 hour before cooking. I cook them in a skillet over medium-high heat until they are browned and cooked through. Mine are a little different. I use 1 1/2 cups of
nikked
Gold Member
Today was DH's birthday, and tomorrow I'm making him spaghetti & meatballs...what's YOUR favorite meatball recipe?

Thanks!

Posted this kind of late last night, so thought I'd bump for the morning crew...found a really cool "spaghetti & meatball cake" that we're gonna make for dessert...still looking for a great meatball recipe!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Spaghetti & Meatball Cake.pdf
    63.8 KB · Views: 551
nikked said:
Posted this kind of late last night, so thought I'd bump for the morning crew...found a really cool "spaghetti & meatball cake" that we're gonna make for dessert...still looking for a great meatball recipe!

Thanks!

too funny..I have never heard of such a thing..until my sister's bff posted a pic of one the other day that her and her son made for April Fool's Day..LOL.

Well, going with a recipe off of Food Network...I'll let you know how they turn out!

Attachments

• Grandma Maronis Meatballs.pdf
    56.9 KB · Views: 388
MY meatballs are my favorite. Problem is...I don't use a recipe, so when people ask me about it, I have NO idea. I use 80/20 ground beef (has to have some fat), very LITTLE bread crumbs, couple of eggs (depending on amount of gb), finely chopped onions, fresh pressed garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. I throw in some ketchup, steak sauce, worchestshire and bbq sauce. Mix well, but don't mutilate the already ground beef!! Oh...some grated parmesan cheese. That's it, but don't really ask me the amounts because I wing it every time.

I was so ready to post the recipe i LOVE. BUT it is not an italian meatball so since you were looking to do spagetti mine wouldn't work.

It is Pioneer Woman's Meatballs BBQ Meatballs | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond They are more a barbeque ish meatball. Oniony and tangy so good!

Mara

yankfan24 said:
MY meatballs are my favorite. Problem is...I don't use a recipe, so when people ask me about it, I have NO idea. I use 80/20 ground beef (has to have some fat), very LITTLE bread crumbs, couple of eggs (depending on amount of gb), finely chopped onions, fresh pressed garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. I throw in some ketchup, steak sauce, worchestshire and bbq sauce. Mix well, but don't mutilate the already ground beef!! Oh...some grated parmesan cheese. That's it, but don't really ask me the amounts because I wing it every time.

That's my problem too. I make a lot of meatballs - ham meatballs, sausage/apple meatballs, Italian style meatballs....but I never use a recipe. I really need to start writing things down while I'm tossing them in the bowl.:D

Hi there! My favorite meatball recipe is a classic Italian style meatball made with a combination of ground beef, pork, and veal. I like to mix in some Italian breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and chopped fresh parsley to the meat mixture. Then I form the meat mixture into balls and cook them in a skillet until browned. For the sauce, I use a simple marinara sauce with some added Italian seasoning and let the meatballs simmer in the sauce for about 20 minutes. They come out so flavorful and tender. I hope your husband enjoys them for his birthday dinner! Happy cooking!

1. Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef for meatballs?

Yes, you can definitely use ground turkey as a substitute for ground beef in meatballs. The texture and flavor may be slightly different, but it is a healthier option and still delicious.

2. What type of bread crumbs should I use in meatballs?

Panko bread crumbs are the most commonly used for meatballs as they provide a light and crispy texture. However, you can also use regular bread crumbs or even crushed crackers as a substitute.

3. Can I make meatballs in advance and freeze them?

Yes, you can make meatballs in advance and freeze them. Just make sure to fully cook them before freezing and allow them to cool completely before storing in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.

4. How can I prevent my meatballs from falling apart?

To prevent meatballs from falling apart, make sure you are using the correct ratio of meat to binding ingredients such as bread crumbs and eggs. Also, avoid overmixing the meat mixture and gently roll the meatballs into shape using wet hands.

5. Can I use different seasonings in my meatball recipe?

Yes, you can definitely experiment with different seasonings in your meatball recipe. Some popular options include adding Italian seasoning, garlic powder, or even a pinch of red pepper flakes for some heat. Just make sure to taste and adjust the seasoning before fully cooking the meatballs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • homewithhilda