• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Secret to a Successful Bridal Shower Without Any Presents?

In summary, the bridal shower was a huge success thanks to Rhonda's clever ideas. Everyone enjoyed the unique presentation and the bride said it was much more fun than a traditional shower.
pampchefrhondab
Hey Everyone,

I finally had a very successful bridal shower today!! The total is $1,385.50!!Not one person brought a present with them:love: !!!

I am so happy since this is the only show I had this month!

Congrats! Since your party was such a success can you tell us how you did it? I have a party coming up for my best friend and want it to be the best!!!

Awsome Rhonda!! :)

Thanks everyone!

I don't really have much advice. It was all the MIL and getting the invites out and really understanding how the shower works and letting the guests know.

I did print all of her wish items from the files here and posted them on gift bags. I supplied all the guests with mini bags (they were actually clear treat bags) with tissue paper and a note card to put the pictures in. This way she could open up the presents and they could write her a note. We also tied some of them shut so she could break some ribbons (good luck for having babies). I decorated the bags w/pretty wedding stickers. Everyone really liked the idea.

This bridal shower was at a church which gave us plenty of room! It was also for both sides of the family. Many times I have had showers with only one side of the family.

The bride at the end said, "I liked this shower so much more then a traditional shower." I felt so happy about that. I also talked to the MIL and she said I did such a great job - also made me very happy since she had been to these showers before. She said she really liked the pictures idea.

We didn't play any games. When I had people introduce themselves I asked them to give her some advice for the kitchen (but only the kitchen!). Then I said, "Okay, we've given her kitchen advice, now we have some advice from a 1950's Home Ec book. " I had passed out 10 sheets of advice to be read off and then asked for No. 1, No 2, etc. After each was read, we then read the advice for "Today." The bride said she loved it so much more then the silly games.

Just make sure you host coach the person hosting the shower. Make sure they tell people when they RSVP that they do not bring a gift. This helps a lot.

Good luck,

pampchefrhondab said:
Thanks everyone!

I don't really have much advice. It was all the MIL and getting the invites out and really understanding how the shower works and letting the guests know.

I did print all of her wish items from the files here and posted them on gift bags. I supplied all the guests with mini bags (they were actually clear treat bags) with tissue paper and a note card to put the pictures in. This way she could open up the presents and they could write her a note. We also tied some of them shut so she could break some ribbons (good luck for having babies). I decorated the bags w/pretty wedding stickers. Everyone really liked the idea.

This bridal shower was at a church which gave us plenty of room! It was also for both sides of the family. Many times I have had showers with only one side of the family.

The bride at the end said, "I liked this shower so much more then a traditional shower." I felt so happy about that. I also talked to the MIL and she said I did such a great job - also made me very happy since she had been to these showers before. She said she really liked the pictures idea.

We didn't play any games. When I had people introduce themselves I asked them to give her some advice for the kitchen (but only the kitchen!). Then I said, "Okay, we've given her kitchen advice, now we have some advice from a 1950's Home Ec book. " I had passed out 10 sheets of advice to be read off and then asked for No. 1, No 2, etc. After each was read, we then read the advice for "Today." The bride said she loved it so much more then the silly games.

Just make sure you host coach the person hosting the shower. Make sure they tell people when they RSVP that they do not bring a gift. This helps a lot.

Good luck,

Rhonda - what a terrific idea! Perfect for all those who want to see the bride open something!

Thanks Becky. I forgot to mention I put the little bags in the catalogs w/the order form and a list of her wish list items sorted by price. This way people knew before they went up to the board how much the products would cost. The list had the tax already included as well so went they wrote the price down it saved me on totalling the order. I've mentioned in the other thread I don't charge each person shipping so if they only purchased for the bride it was very quick to total their oder w/the tax already calculated.

Rhonda -

I'm curious how you setup your board. Did you have product pictures on it or items that the bride registered for?

Did you do a demo or have a table setup with products or anything?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I've got my first shower in two weeks and feel sort of clueless about preparing for it! :eek: And with your shower well over $1k it sounds like you did something right!!! (Congrats by the way!)

Hey Kearstin,

(love your name BTW- my second daughter is Kirsten we pronounce it a litte different then your name)

I used to use a large board, but found it hard to take w/me and hard to keep (I have limited storage room).

I now use bridal gift bags from the store. I printed the picutres from the files here. They print on stickers so you don't have to cut them out! I then laminated them. I took off the price from the stickers though and then just list the price on the wish list each person receives. This way when the gifts are given to the bride she's not staring at the price!

I use small pieces of velcro and attach the pictures to the bag(s) (Depending on how large the wish list is). For this shower I had one very large bag in the middle and a small one on each side. They were displayed on a card table. I of course put white tissue paper inside. I also had to attach some products to the back of the bags. I'm getting ready to leave for work, but I'll try to take a picture tonight of one of them for you.

I do set up a table w/products. I just try to do some of the basics (cookware, stoneware, new products, SA, etc.). I also bring the SA's I have (stands and pieces) for the food table the host sets up. If I bring the 3 tierd stand I make a sign, "Best Wishes Sara and Logan" in their wedding color w/streams of ribbon coming down the sides.

Bridal showers take a long time to prep for, but they are usually worth it. If you want to talk to me on the phone, PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

Take Care,

Sounds very interesting. I was thinking about cutting out all the pics, your idea sounds much better! So do you reuse all the stuff, or does the bride keep the bags and what not. Also, you said you lamenated the pics? Did you put the sticker on a note card or something, then lamenate it? Where did you velcro the pics? Did you put the pics in the bags? I am so confused. Thanks for answering all of our questions.

Thanks for all the tips!

pampchefrhondab said:
Hey Kearstin,

(love your name BTW- my second daughter is Kirsten we pronounce it a litte different then your name)

I used to use a large board, but found it hard to take w/me and hard to keep (I have limited storage room).

I now use bridal gift bags from the store. I printed the picutres from the files here. They print on stickers so you don't have to cut them out! I then laminated them. I took off the price from the stickers though and then just list the price on the wish list each person receives. This way when the gifts are given to the bride she's not staring at the price!

I use small pieces of velcro and attach the pictures to the bag(s) (Depending on how large the wish list is). For this shower I had one very large bag in the middle and a small one on each side. They were displayed on a card table. I of course put white tissue paper inside. I also had to attach some products to the back of the bags. I'm getting ready to leave for work, but I'll try to take a picture tonight of one of them for you.

I do set up a table w/products. I just try to do some of the basics (cookware, stoneware, new products, SA, etc.). I also bring the SA's I have (stands and pieces) for the food table the host sets up. If I bring the 3 tierd stand I make a sign, "Best Wishes Sara and Logan" in their wedding color w/streams of ribbon coming down the sides.

Bridal showers take a long time to prep for, but they are usually worth it. If you want to talk to me on the phone, PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

Take Care,

Last edited:
Hey Jodi,

I just use the laminating sheets (purchased at WalMart). They are 9 1/2 x 11 size. I peel the sticker off and put it on the inside of the laminating paper and then laminate it. The laminating machine I got was by Scotch. It was $24. The pouches were I think 20 for $7.50. I needed 1 1/2 packs (so 30).

After laminating I cut the pictures out and then put the velcro on the back of the picture. The smooth part of the velcro was stuck on the outside of the gift bag. I have finally taken a picture of one of my small bags and attached it (I usually make sure the pictures are straight when I have a shower:D)!

Forgot to mention. I reuse the pictures and the bags they are posted on. I didn't keep the little mini gift bags. I've attached a picture as well. It's in a Word doc. For some reason my computer wouldn't let me save it in a smaller size - I just did the other one. Don't have patience for it tonight:)!

Attachments

• PC Pictures 009.jpg
    PC Pictures 009.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,355
  • PC Mini Bridal Gift Bag.doc
    134 KB · Views: 1,307
Last edited:
I love all you did!!! That is so awesome! I have a few more questions for you. How did you handle the paper and check out part of the party? Did you make a recipe at the show? Thanks so much for all your help!!

I found the new spring products on here like you have, but I didn't find any others. Did you save your documents and if so could you maybe email them to me? [email protected]

You are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
For the check out I was lucky to be in a separate room w/a card table. I used the order form I got from here, but made a couple of changes. I added a line for a gift certificate - even though I didn't complete a gift certificate order form, she just got the money toward her wish list. This was easier for those wanting to just do that. I also don't charge shipping for the brides gift so I put that note on the order from as well (this is a discussion on a different thread). I put all of the bride's on one order and if the guests orders something for themselves it is separate and they pay shipping. I print PP receipts when I get home and mail them to the host. I have attached a copy of the order form so you can see it/use it if you want.

I think I mentioned this, I create the bride's wish list and sort in by price in Excel. I print this and put it inside the catalogs along w/the order form. I also put the little bags in w/it so everyone has what they need. I passed out the catalogs before we did the recipe so people could start looking for what they wanted to purchase. We had enough room for people to come up to the bags and pick what they wanted. If you are short on room you could probably pass them around since they are so light. It's up to you. I have a small white lacy table runner I put on the table where the bags were. It just dresses it up a little.

We only made one recipe which was the Savory Sandwich Ring. I will be doing this ALWAYS in the future! It was so easy and quick and just gives the family photo opportunites. It is on pg. 48 of All The Best. I like it because it is a ring - represents a wedding. I baked the bread the day before, and it's quick and easy. Don't need an oven to warm up, wait for things to bake, etc. It feed a lot of people as well, as long as there is other food. They had meatballs, veggie tray, chips & dip, etc.

When people came up to order I had ribbon avail. to tie the bags shut with. This is a tradition - the number of ribbons broken is the number of children the couple will have:)! They actually look better w/the ribbon around them. Don't forget to put note cards in the bag as well. I just purchased plain white index cards. Then the pictures and note cards are put in the bag.

After everyone was done ordering, we gave the bride her bags and she opened them. A few people didn't stay after ordering - they had excuses of why they had to go. They let the guests eat while I was taking orders as well. The entire shower took 2 hours. I did clean-up of my products while she was opening her gifts since it was far enough away and back in a church kitchen.

I also forgot to mention I took balloons for the counter we cooked on. I had purchased Pampered Chef Balloons from Nancy's art work (old vendor) and there were some white ones in the pack. I used two and then went to the store and got two plain white ones to add w/it and purchased a silver weight. It cots me $3.24, but well worth the money. It made a very nice touch. I didn't know the bride's colors or I would have done the extra plain two in her colors (which was turqouise). I don't know if we can get the balloons anymore now. I will do this again though. They hadn't purchased any balloons for the party.

I have an old tool turn about as well (the white ones) which I decorated as a wedding cake. I always take it with me and they usually put the silverware (plastic) in it. They had silver plastic ones so it looks really nice. They were thrilled to have a way to put the silverware out.

The best advice I can give you though is to host coach. Be sure the bride is the one who likes Pampered Chef and not the host. The only shows I have that were not successful is when the bride isn't that into or familiar w/our products. I had one shower where the bride said to me, "I really don't care if I get any PC products or not." I really didn't know what to say to her! I had a bit of a shock! Turns out the Aunt was into it. A lot of people showed up to that shower w/presents. I think because the bride probably told them, "I'd really rather have products from my wish list at Kohl's." The bride from this shower had PC products and wanted everything in the catalog!

Here is the link to the thread with all of the pictures. Like I said before I edited them to remove the price. There were also a couple I found out later which had an item number mistake (they were off by one digit). I cant' remember which ones now, but you will find them when you go through your wish list. I just went back in and updated them and then printed just the one I needed.

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f4/bridal-shower-wish-list-pictures-31955/

One last tip. The wish list I gave to the guests had the price w/tax included to save time at check out, but when I needed to total the show total I didn't have the amount and had to do some calculations. You will want to have another cheat sheet for yourself w/the actual product price sorted by product number so you can find it. This would be quicker then going through the catalog.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. I've gotten so much help from this site. I enjoy helping others. I've gotten most of my ideas from here and others in my cluster so I can't take credit for them.

Attachments

• Bridal Shower Order Form - 2008 - CS.doc
    86 KB · Views: 957
Thank you Thank you, Thank you!!! You have helped me sooooo much!!! I can't wait to put it all together and see how it turns out!!!!! I LOVED IT ALL!!!!!

YOU ARE THE BEST!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!

You're very welcome! I hope your show turns out as well as mine! Please let me know!

One last note, when I handed out the catalogs before we started the recipes I held up my own copy of the order form and wish list and explained it to the guests and explained how they come up in a little while to pick out the picture of what they want to give the bride. I also explained the gift bags and note cards. You will find some people still don't listen or understand and you will have to explain it again:)!

Good luck and again, let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Rhonda - thanks so much for all the info. I love how you set up your shower and may have to borrow some (OK, all!) of your ideas!!! :D

If you don't mind I may bug you a little more after I get started!

You're welcome Kearstin.

These aren't all my original ideas, many I got from other people. I just picked out what I liked the best. If you think of any ideas that could help me, please let me know.

You can ask me for more info. anytime.

Take Care,

Thanks for all this info! I am going to use a lot of this for a shower on Saturday.

My only question is how do you get around the shipping for the bride's gifts?

My guess is that she is submitting all of the gifts under the host's name (the bride) where shipping is free. I could be way off base, but that's how I was thinking I would do it. Then it's in the bride's name for warranty purposes as well.

I really need to get out of my comfort zone and promote these more. I am just really afraid I am going to screw them up.
One question I have for those of you who do the picture thing is what do you do if the bride adds to her wishlist at the show? Like she didn't think of something until she saw it, etc.

All of the orders for the bride I put in her soon to be married name. Example her name is Mary Smith - new last name will be Brown. All the items purchased for her at the shower are put under the name Mary Brown. If she received gift certificates (I just call them that I don't actually fill out a Gift Cert. form) she picks out from the products left on her wish list. If there weren't any left she picks from the catalog. I don't let her use this money for the 1/2 price items because then I don't get sales credit for them.

The free products are then put in her current name (Mary Smith). If she wants the 1/2 price products they are also put on this order form. The shower I did last Sunday the 1/2 price items were given to the host - her MIL.

There is a $4 shipping for the bride's order. I choose to pay this for the bride. All of the items on one order make it easier for the bride/host to sort through the products and make it easier for guarantees in the future. HO will accept the order either way though. There was another thread on this issue and someone asked HO about it. The only thing if you put all the bride's on one order the guests don't get credit for free product if they spend $60. I explained to the guests we put the orders for the bride on her receipt for guarantee reasons. Nobody had a problem w/that and understood.

I printed out every product from the files. So I have all of them. You can take all of the pictures w/you if you want. The bride on Sunday had a $1,500 wish list so I figured we wouldn't need to add anything. If she wanted something else she could get it w/the gift certificates or the free product value. My bride received $290 in free product.

Please let me know if you have any other questions everyone.

Last edited:
Hey Rhonda!

So I was thinking about it and how did you handle the payment? Especially since we only accept 2 payments with CC. Thanks so much!!

I entered all the orders first. The people who paid w/credit card and also paid for their own order I put the entire payment on their own order. It just looks like they over paid. When I printed the receipt I wrote a note "overpayment for bride's gift" in case they forget:)!

If they paid w/a check I just put the amount they paid for their own order on their order and then put the other part on the bride's order.

I had 5 people us cc's for the bride that did not order for themselves. I put 2 on her order and then added 2 to her MIL's and 1 to her Mother's, but after I printed their receipt so they wouldn't get confused.

Does this make sense? It gets kinda confusing for us. To make it easier for me I used Excel and typed in all the cc's w/a total amount, all of the checks w/a total amount and then the cash w/a total amount. This way I could get the show to balance for myself. The main thing I didn't want to miss was a credit card payment. If I missed putting a check/cash payment in PP it really didn't matter since I really did get the money. I'm not sure what would happen if you missed inputting a cc payment.

This is how my Exec. Dir. told me to do it. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Take Care,

Last edited:
Hey Rhonda ~ thanks for sharing the photos with us. I do a board with laminated photos - BUT - I am now switching to your bag idea. LOVE IT~~

When I laminated my photos, I put them on colored coded index cards (blue, orange, green, etc.) and assigned a $$$ value to the colors. This way when people were looking for gifts in a specific range, they could quickly pick things out based on color vs. trying to locate it on the wishlist.

I had a few "seasoned" ladies from our church that simply said, "I want to spend "x" amount on her. Help me pick out somthing".

Everyone at my last two showers like the color coding system.

I was wondering if you thought sticky tack would work on the bags vs. velcro? Just thought it would take one less step to add gift tags on. My last bride had picked out almost everything in the catalog :eek: and I spent hours prepping the boards.

THANKS again for the bag idea ~ It really looks great. I have several showers coming up and I can't wait to try this out :cool:

WOW!! I LOVE the color coating idea!!! That is so great!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Hey Gina,

I like the color idea too, thanks for sharing. I've never used sticky tack. If you try it out, let us know how it works.

I'm glad you like the bag idea. It wasn't my original idea, it was from my friend Sara (also a CS member).

Take Care,

We did a bridal expo once and a fellow consultant brought a beautiful basket that had lace and flowers. Inside she had some foam and the full color product cards with prices were placed on those sticks (that come with flowers- holding the card). It looked really nice and people could simply look at it and pull out what they wanted to give.

Another idea for the 'gift' order is to put it in the groom's name since you know that will stay the same! I've checked with the HO before and they will honor a valid PHD even if the name has changed, but I think it makes more sense to put the bride's order in her soon-to-be name so that her PHD has that name on it.You do want to make sure that you either put it in separate (recommended) or add items to direct guest orders because you want the gifts to count towards the bride's free product (and your commission).

Rhonda I don't have this recipe book. Can you send me this recipe? I have a shower Sunday afternoon. TIA

PC Nut said:
Rhonda I don't have this recipe book. Can you send me this recipe? I have a shower Sunday afternoon. TIA

I'm not Rhonda but here you go :)

Savory Sandwich Ring
(All the Best; P. 48)

Herbed French bread forms the base for this hearty sandwich layered with your choice of deli meats, cheese and crispy vegetables. (Pictured on p. 46-47)

2 packages (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
1 egg white, lightly beaten
3 garlic cloves, pressed
½ teaspoon each Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
½ cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
8 ounces thinly sliced deli meat, such as hard salami, turkey, ham or bologna
4 ounces thinly sliced cheese, such as Swiss, American or Muenster
2 cups thinly slices lettuce
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing, divided

Preheat oven to 350° F. Place dough, seams side down, on Large Round Stone. Join ends of dough together to form 1 large ring. Using Serrated Bread Knife, make 8 diagonal cuts (1/2- inch deep) on top of dough.

Combine egg white, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and seasoning mix; brush over dough using Pantry Brush. Bake 26-30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove bread to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, slice bell pepper, onion and tomato. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus®.

To assemble sandwich, cut bread in half horizontally using Serrated Bread Knife. Place bottom half of bread on large serving platter. Arrange meat and cheese evenly over bottom half of bread. Top with lettuce. Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing evenly over lettuce. Top with onion, bell pepper, tomato and olive slices. Brush cut side of bread top with remaining dressing using Pastry Brush; place over bottom half. Cut into wedges.

Yield: 8 servings

I'll email it to you as well in case you don't see this in time.

Thanks Jodi:)!

Good Luck w/your Shower PC Nut:)!

Thanks everyone! This one sounds awesome. I am getting really excited and nervous about this shower but I'm going to bake the dough ahead of time so it will be cooked, cool and ready to assemble beings I won't have access to an oven...you ALL are the BEST!!!

Hey PC Nut - How did your bridal shower go?

....................Bumping

Awesome ideas...I haven't had a bridal shower yet but I keep saving all these valuable tips 'just in case'...nice job! Thanks for helping the rest of us out! I am also glad you posted pics too...I was a little confused prior to!

dragonflyz said:
Awesome ideas...I haven't had a bridal shower yet but I keep saving all these valuable tips 'just in case'...nice job! Thanks for helping the rest of us out! I am also glad you posted pics too...I was a little confused prior to!

You're welcome. I hope you get one soon!

Well, I'm new to the boards! :) And I'm trying out some of these ideas tonight at a shower - hopefully, I'll have good things to report! :)

Reporting Back ~

I did use some of the ideas from this post and here is my opinion(s):

I redid my color coded index cards with pictures "without" prices and attached them with stickey tack (NO - it does not work) and had a seperate list avialable with the prices. BIG MISTAKE!!! I loved the Gift Bag idea and it worked GREAT!!:love: :love: :love: BUT the next time I do this the prices will be included with the photos.

Everyone was looking for prices (even though they knew the price range) for what they had picked out. Even the mother of the bride was looking up prices in the catalog because she did not know there was a list available in her lapboard. :eek:

I did include blank (ginamade) Gift Certificates available for thsoe who jsut didn't know what to pick - went over VERY well.

In the end, my bride had a $755.00 shower. Her mother purchased the Exec Cookware as one of her 1/2 price items and all is well.

It was fun...

Well, I'm sorry to report that despite sending out 42 invitations, making super cute registry cards, and putting all my time and energy into the shower for three whole days, it was only a $153 shower. :( Not sure what went wrong!

PCGINA said:
Reporting Back ~

I did use some of the ideas from this post and here is my opinion(s):

I redid my color coded index cards with pictures "without" prices and attached them with stickey tack (NO - it does not work) and had a seperate list avialable with the prices. BIG MISTAKE!!! I loved the Gift Bag idea and it worked GREAT!!:love: :love: :love: BUT the next time I do this the prices will be included with the photos.

Everyone was looking for prices (even though they knew the price range) for what they had picked out. Even the mother of the bride was looking up prices in the catalog because she did not know there was a list available in her lapboard. :eek:

I did include blank (ginamade) Gift Certificates available for thsoe who jsut didn't know what to pick - went over VERY well.

In the end, my bride had a $755.00 shower. Her mother purchased the Exec Cookware as one of her 1/2 price items and all is well.

It was fun...

I'm glad your shower went well. I haven't had a problem with using the list. I put it in a spreadsheet w/lowest to highest. I also had a sample of what everyone had in their lap and went through each piece of paper - much like a teacher would do:)!

I wonder if you could use stickers and then just cover up the price if it goes up. This is the reason I didn't want to print the price on them. Plus the bride opens them.

krackley said:
Well, I'm sorry to report that despite sending out 42 invitations, making super cute registry cards, and putting all my time and energy into the shower for three whole days, it was only a $153 shower. :( Not sure what went wrong!

I'm sorry to hear that. I've had a couple of bad ones myself. I really think it depends on the bride and the person hosting. Did you bride act like she really wanted PC products? I had one bride I talked to just a few days before her shower and she said to me, "I really don't care if I get PC stuff or not.":eek:! Sure enough people showed up at the shower w/other gifts in hand! I was not happy. I went on with the shower like they were going to buy her something anyway! Some did buy her stuff, just wasn't that great!

I love the gift bag idea! The only thing I am still confused on is paying with credit cards. I understand how you did it - but I know in my case at the last shower I did back in April - at least 20 people paid with a cc. I dont know how I'd handle that if I put every order under the brides name.

Its a great idea - I always have a few people complaining about the shipping -and they end up combining orders - and I bet it might even increase the show total - I just need to figure out how to get around the cc problem!

What I was told to do by my Exec. Director is to add the CC payments to another order. You can have 2 credit card payments per order (I use PP+). So if you had 20 credit cards you would need at least 10 individual orders. I had plenty of orders to add them to. I print the receipts before I input the credit cards that way customers don't get confused about over-paying on the order. It worked great for my shower.

If you didn't have enough individual orders I'm not sure if you could just add a name/payment without any products on the order. I just tried it by adding a name and then going directly to payments and it acts like it would work.

On the Stickytack note... not such a great idea. I had a hard time finding it and the little tags kept falling off. I did not plan on reusing my tags, though, so velcro wouldn't have worked for me...

Oh, and I used Rhonda's gift bag idea so the bride could 'open' her gifts... it went over really well, but I just gave them curly ribbon to tie the bags with and the ladies wanted to make her a paper plate bouquet for the rehearsal, and we had no bows... just about the only thing I'd do differently for next time.

I had a bridal shower a couple of weeks ago. I mailed all of the invitations for the bride. 7 or 8 people RSVP'd to say they were coming...27 showed up!! I was freaked out. :eek: The bride said "Is this bad?" I said too many people is never bad, we just had to rearrange her whole living room to fit everyone in there. We didn't have food for 27 people, but they understood to get smaller portions.

I actually oveheard one guest say "I didn't say I wasn't coming, so didn't they assume I was?". I just wanted to strangle her. :rolleyes:

In the end it was a $1600 show, so I'm smiling! :D

Related to What's the Secret to a Successful Bridal Shower Without Any Presents?

1. How can I have a successful bridal shower without any presents?

The key to a successful bridal shower without presents is to focus on creating a fun and memorable experience for the bride-to-be and her guests. This can include games, activities, and delicious food. You can also ask guests to bring a small contribution towards the cost of the shower instead of a traditional gift.

2. What should I do if guests insist on bringing presents?

If guests insist on bringing presents, you can politely let them know that the shower is focused on celebrating the bride and you would prefer for them to contribute towards the cost of the shower instead. You can also suggest alternative gift options such as a group gift or a charitable donation in the bride's name.

3. Is it rude to have a bridal shower without presents?

No, it is not rude to have a bridal shower without presents. In fact, many brides are opting for alternative options to traditional gifts. The focus should be on celebrating the bride and creating a memorable experience, not on receiving material items.

4. How can I communicate to guests that presents are not required?

You can include a note on the invitation or create a separate insert explaining that the shower is gift-free and that guests are not expected to bring presents. You can also politely mention it to guests who RSVP or as they arrive at the shower.

5. What are some alternative gift ideas for a bridal shower without presents?

Some alternative gift ideas for a bridal shower without presents include contributing towards the cost of the shower, creating a memory book or video for the bride, organizing a group activity or outing, or making a charitable donation in the bride's name. You can also ask guests to bring a special recipe or piece of marriage advice for the bride-to-be.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Meigs
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • AMTC