• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Dessert Recipe for Feeding a Crowd at The Ronald McDonald House?

In summary, suggestions for a dessert to feed 75-80 people at The Ronald McDonald House include making a large batch of brownies with marshmallow cream, caramel sauce, and chopped nuts, as well as a dump cake made with cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple, yellow cake mix, and butter. Other options include bite-sized treats like puffs or fondue, or large bars such as Raspberry Struesel Squares. However, it is important to consider allergens, such as peanuts, and offer alternative options like chocolate fudge.
merego
I have to make a dessert to feed 75-80 people at The Ronald McDonald House next Monday. Any suggestions?
There kitchen is being remodeled, so I am making it at home and transporting it.
TIA :)

I love this: Cook a package of brownies on the bar pan using the "cake like" instructions. Then spread marshmellow cream over them, then caramel sauce and then chopped nuts. Very easy to make.

Holy Cow--that's a lot of people!!! Do you want to stick to some type of cookie or brownie bite-sized thing that would be served on multiple plates? Use the 3 tiered stand and other platters with assorted bite sized treats?

This sounds really good.. I am going to have to try it..

jrstephens said:
I love this: Cook a package of brownies on the bar pan using the "cake like" instructions. Then spread marshmellow cream over them, then caramel sauce and then chopped nuts. Very easy to make.

YUM, HOLY COW.... sounds so good, thanks.

Dump Cake: 1 can cherry pie filling, 1 can crushed pineapple - Sprinkle yellow cake mix over the top - chunk 1 stick of butter over that and bake until butter melted and all warmed through. This ratio fills a 9x12 pan. Then you dump it onto people's plates! So good

What about the cool, creamy chocolate fondue? On the cover of "All the Best". Easy to make and you can buy some inexpensive things to dip like pretzels, marshmallows or graham crackers/sticks.

Jennifer - I want to make these brownies NOW.......yummy!!!

Get_Pampered said:
Dump Cake: 1 can cherry pie filling, 1 can crushed pineapple - Sprinkle yellow cake mix over the top - chunk 1 stick of butter over that and bake until butter melted and all warmed through. This ratio fills a 9x12 pan. Then you dump it onto people's plates! So good

That sounds INCREDIBLE, want to make it now!!! Thanks for the great ideas everyone :)

The only problem with fondue is since the kitchen is under construction, the families are eating in there rooms, so they need something people can pick up and put on their plate. I love that fondue though, make it all the time ...yummmmmmy :):thumbup:

Pofeterole (I know I spelled that way wrong) puffs. YOu can make them a head of time and freeze them.

Get_Pampered said:

That sounds delish!! I have done peach cobller this way too, just dump the peaches in instead of the cherries and pineapple.

yum. have GOT to try those brownies! thanks for the ideas. :)

Get_Pampered said:

I bet this could be made in the DCB and maybe even in the microwave. Don't you think?

emo812 said:
I bet this could be made in the DCB and maybe even in the microwave. Don't you think?

I make a similiar recipe in the DCB and it is delish!!! but it wouldn't feed 75-80 and I don't want to lug a bunch a DCB's down there. I may do 1or 2 of these in a disposible 9x13 tray and the fudge and some brownie cups?? or some cookies. Make a nice variety for them.

I am doing a fundraiser for them in March to help stik there new kitchen, our church is sponsoring it, I am really excited.

Raspberry Struesel Squares in the All The Best Cookbook. They are really good, and makes a large bar pan full.

ChefBeckyD said:
Raspberry Struesel Squares in the All The Best Cookbook. They are really good, and makes a large bar pan full.

yum, that sound good and easy too, thanks Becky

I would be leary of the PB Fudge only because of allergies. You don't know who you are excluding because of it. More people are allergic to peanuts than say gluten. IMHO

Fluffy215 said:
I would be leary of the PB Fudge only because of allergies. You don't know who you are excluding because of it. More people are allergic to peanuts than say gluten. IMHO

Offer chocolate fudge in addition to the peanut butter fudge. Problem solved!

One Bowl Chocolate Fudge - Allrecipes

Just omit the nuts in the recipe. If they choose both it will be like a Reese's!

merego said:
I may do 1or 2 of these in a disposible 9x13 tray and the fudge and some brownie cups?? or some cookies. Make a nice variety for them.

Great idea! I'm sure the families would appreciate the variety.

merego said:
I am doing a fundraiser for them in March to help stik there new kitchen, our church is sponsoring it, I am really excited.

That is such a great opportunity!

Related to What's the Best Dessert Recipe for Feeding a Crowd at The Ronald McDonald House?

What are some easy dessert recipes?

Some easy dessert recipes include no-bake cheesecake, fruit salad, chocolate chip cookies, and ice cream sandwiches.

How can I make a quick and delicious dessert?

A quick and delicious dessert can be made by using pre-made ingredients such as boxed cake mix, canned frosting, or store-bought cookie dough. You can also try making a trifle using pre-made cake, pudding, and whipped cream.

What are some healthy dessert options?

Some healthy dessert options include fruit skewers, yogurt parfaits, and dark chocolate covered strawberries.

Can I make a dessert without using an oven?

Yes, there are many desserts that can be made without using an oven such as no-bake cookies, icebox cakes, and microwave mug cakes.

Are there any dessert recipes that are suitable for special dietary needs?

Yes, there are many dessert recipes that can accommodate special dietary needs such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan options. You can also substitute ingredients to fit your dietary restrictions, such as using almond milk instead of cow's milk.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Aurora
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • deanna_g
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • lorilynn95