• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Chefs Hoping to Find Under the Christmas Tree This Year?

In summary, most of the cheffers surveyed said they like to give gifts on Christmas. They either shop for gifts or receive gifts from their loved ones. A few cheffers surveyed said they like to give children gifts, but most of them said they like to give gifts to their loved ones. One cheffer surveyed said they like to give gifts to people they don't know.
DebbieSAChef
I was just curious to know what all my fellow cheffers have on their Christmas lists for this year!!

Last year I really wanted a Red Kitchenaid Mixer. And I got it! My husband purchased it from the actual kitchenaid website and got a great deal. I got a FREE ice cream attachment, five kitchenaid tools, and a kitchenaid cookbook for $299.00 that we paid in monthly payments.

It was a great surprise and I am usually satisfied watching my children open presents. This year will be especially fun because my two year old toddler now understands getting presents and it will be fun to see her reactions.

I love to give gifts and I truly believe it is better to give than to receive. I love shopping all year for Christmas and that way I am able to give a little something to everyone on our list. Even those unexpected people who pop into our lives around the holidays. I am one to always remind my kids that presents are not at all the true message of Christmas, as well as the children in my Wednesday night children's church group. The children know they are blessed to live in America and have so many things. This summer we plan to take a trip to China to visit some missiionaries we support and visit the 200+ orphans they house and teach about the gospel. It will be a big eye opener for my children and for my husband and me. I finished yesterday with the last installment of baking for my Christmas gifts to church members and neighbors. I made mini fluted cakes, all different types of cookies, brownies, and chocolate dipped treats.

They were a big hit. This year I haven't really asked for anything from my husband except a German Shepherd puppy. He has asked for his gift to be officially adopting our children by changing their last names so that we all match. My two oldest children's father had given up his rights last year and it is a great time to celebrate!!! With the new baby coming in July, we are really blessed and grateful for my husband's job and wonderful health benefits.

Thanks for letting me share,
Debbie :D

Last edited:
Oh, that's sweet. :)

My DH bought me almost everything I had on my Amazon wish list - I can't believe it! And he ordered it AFTER we said we were going to skip official gifts for each other because we bought a new printer. So I got 6 books (3 Alton Brown cooking/tools books, 2 books of quotations, and 1 Fox Trot comics collection) and 6 or 7 CDs.

I'm like you - I like to give on Christmas. Unfortunately, most of our nieces and nephews are out of town, so we don't get to see them open their gifts. 2 of our nieces had birthdays this fall, and we sent them each a children's chair. They LOVE them. So we sent the matching table out as a "share" gift for Christmas. I'd love to be there to see their faces when they open it! But, alas, the logistics don't work out.

Generally, our families only "do" gifts for the kids, but I did order the adults RUFTH trivets. I think it's a nice little something that's useful. And I feel good that by purchasing them I helped the food bank. (Not to mention help myself earn Breakfast of Caring at Conference.)

One of the things that I'm really proud of on my Dad's side of the family is our new Christmas tradition. There are a lot of family units that get together for Christmas dinner. We used to do token gifts, but everyone ended up spending a bunch of money on lousy little gifts. So last year we started something new. Everyone took the money that they would have spent on gifts and put it into a hat. We then donated it to charity. I forget what last year's charity was, but this year I suggested Gleaners Food Bank (that's the Second Harvest food bank in the Detroit area). Dinner was last Saturday, and we collected $625 for Gleaners!

Debbie - I got my Red Kitchen Aid Mixer the first year we were married (7 yrs ago)!! When I would mention it to some - they would ask if I was upset because he bought me a kitchen appliance for Christmas! NO NO NO! That meant that he really knew me and what I would love to have - now THAT is a romantic gift!

I don't usually ask for much - we do Shoeboxes for Samaritan's Purse, but that is in Nov.....so that part of our Christmas has come and gone. I LOVE to give special gifts, and bake goodies for people...it really is more fun to give.
The year I was pregnant, my husband bought me the Willow Tree Nativity Set, and built me a Creche' to go with it. That is still one of my favorite gifts.
This year I am all excited about opening presents w/ my 2 1/2 yr old. He is loving wrapping presents and baking with me - and it's so much fun to be teaching him that it can be fun to give to others too.

I think this Christmas, what I am praying for and wanting most is for my friend Michelle to be healed from cancer! Right now, any material thing I could want seems so inconsequential when I think of her struggle.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't usually ask for much - we do Shoeboxes for Samaritan's Purse, but that is in Nov.....so that part of our Christmas has come and gone. I LOVE to give special gifts, and bake goodies for people...it really is more fun to give.

We do this too; with our Kids Klub group at my church. I love shopping for things with my girls to put in the shoeboxes. It is so rewarding! And it's so fun to watch all the other kids too; picking out what they want to put in, and then wrapping them. It's a great way to teach the kids that it's better to give than receive.

My dh was giving me a hard time cause I really didn't ask for anything; I usually don't though. I know he got me some kind of jewelry though; he gets too excited when he buys something good. He was wanting me to open it the other night when he came home from shopping.
I get more excited about watching my little ones though!:)

I just asked my hubby for something special from him this year. He keeps asking what I want but I really don't know. I'd love to have him home for Christmas, that would be great--but he doesn't leave Iraq till early Jan. We're saving his side of xmas for when he's home though. And I bought us both matching titanium wedding bands. Mine had to be cut off when I was pregnant with my son 4 years ago and he's allergic to all other metals so hasn't worn one for about 10 years of our almost 11 year marriage. But we're buying two more real horses for the kids this year!:D

MezzalunaWe just recently got a Williams & Sonoma (GASP! :eek: that dreaded store!:p ) here. There is a knife I have wanted for years called a "Mezzaluna". It's a rocking type blade with two handles. It is the best for fresh herbs! Here's a link to one http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/909648/index.cfm?pkey=xsrd0m1%7C15%7C%7C%7C0%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7Cmezzaluna&cm%5Fsrc=sch

I told my DH that is the ONLY thing he is allowed to buy me from that store. And watch...I'll finally get one, and TPC will make it! ;)

Other than that, I'm good. We've been waiting until tomorrow to do the vast majority of our gift giving shopping though. Should make for a long and interesting weekend!

My husband is aggravated at me this year b/c I normally give such a long list that I divide it up between differnet family members, but this year I only had a few small gifts on my list. The MAIN thing I want is the new Paula Deen cookbook ordered from the Lady and Sons b/c she autographs them if you order them from there. I did ask for some PJ. And a KitchenAid mixer from my parents. Carrie Underwood's CD. And a few little odds and ins.

I cannot wait from everyone to get on here Monday and let us know what all each other got.

Remember, Jesus is the reason for the season and the best gift we can ever have!

My husband is the best gift giver ever! We went to the Coach store on Saturday and he bought me the Holiday Patchwork purse! Can't wait till Monday when I can use it! :0)

I save the kitchen appliances for my inlaws...2 years ago they got me a Kitchenaid food processor (red) and the year before that a Kitchenaid hand mixer (red too, of course!). They bought me the stand mixer when we got married (white), but that's ok b/c it doesn't sit on my counter! :0)

:rolleyes:

I want a new desk - but I'm not sure which one. The desk I have now was my mom's when she was in middle school. My knees don't even fit under it! A maid would be nice, too :D! The main thing I want is to see my hubby's face when he unwraps the new color laser printer I WAS ABLE TO PURCHASE with MY COMMISSION! And he's a computer programmer nerd, so getting him computer stuff is difficult!

And I want my star to stop stripping :D:D:D:eek:

Tara1021 said:
We went to the Coach store on Saturday and he bought me the Holiday Patchwork purse! Can't wait till Monday when I can use it! :0)

That is a great present! My husband always does great on his own too, so, I do not worry.

jrstephens said:
That is a great present! My husband always does great on his own too, so, I do not worry.

It's funny...we don't usually know what we are getting each other. It's always a total (well almost) surprise. This year, i picked out the purse and he picked out a gps. Of course, i got him a couple of stocking stuffers that he doesn't know about. We were just on our way home from dinner and talking about the whole thing and decided that we won't ever again pick out our own gifts. He said he misses the surprise. And, I do too.

He had a good role model in the gift giving department....BLESS HIS DAD!!! :0)

Heh...the first Christmas my hubby and I were together I gave him a list - just like I always did for my family. I found it in the trash can and was a bit hurt. He said he didn't work that way and smoothed it over.The night before Christmas he took me to Fred Meyer and had me walk in front of the cart as he pushed it and I pointed at things that I wanted. He chose what he wanted to get and sent me to the car as he checked out. It was so cute!

cmdtrgd said:

I am, I'm finding a reason to comment on every thread hoping to get the filled in star before going on vacation. I know you'll have your star before I'm back as you always have great advice.

Awww, thanks. I just want it before I go to bed tonight...we'll see what happens!

Tasha:

Want to start a conversation to give you a reason to post?

What are you doing tonight up late? My 2 year old is finally starting to get ready for bed I think.

:D HA!

I'm in on that one!

I 'm here for the next few minutes! I have lots of post to go, but any help will get me there quicker too.

I have about 12 more to go...you?

468 - I do not think I can stay awake that long! :eek:

Yeah, that is a while...

Are you guys still posting to get that filled in star?

Yeah...only a couple more for me!

Danielle - I have to ask about your avatar. Is that a picture you took?

Nope--I searched and searched for one on the internet. I have a couple of really cute ones!

Hey--maybe you can help me find the info on who goes to National Conference on which wave. Do you know the deadline to commit to going? I haven't even rec'd my kit yet, but I want to go in July.

I found it!!! Never mind!

The deadline is quite a ways off yet. In fact, book your January to the max and then some! There are consultant incentives to get half-off or even free Conference registration.Find out who your Executive Director is and you can figure out which wave you are in.Also, as soon as you can, sign up for Conference Club. Basically, you tell HO how much $$ to take out of your month-end commission check and save it for you. If you go to Conference you can use it there. I usually use it to pay for my registration. If you don't go, you get it all back.I gotta go to bed...let me know if you have any more questions...you can email me if you want.

Which wave are you in?

jrstephens said:
Tasha:

Want to start a conversation to give you a reason to post?

What are you doing tonight up late? My 2 year old is finally starting to get ready for bed I think.

:D HA!

LOL. I am packing for the trip tomorrow and wired from running up and down the stairs every 10 minutes. I'm hoping the mind will shut off soon so I can get 6 hours of sleep. Only 2 posts to go. :D Thanks for helping. :p

cmdtrgd said:
Which wave are you in?

HA! I don't know--I just emailed my Director to ask her who was our Exec.

Tara1021 said:
My husband is the best gift giver ever! We went to the Coach store on Saturday and he bought me the Holiday Patchwork purse! Can't wait till Monday when I can use it! :0)

I save the kitchen appliances for my inlaws...2 years ago they got me a Kitchenaid food processor (red) and the year before that a Kitchenaid hand mixer (red too, of course!). They bought me the stand mixer when we got married (white), but that's ok b/c it doesn't sit on my counter! :0)

:rolleyes:

How funny about theCoach bag!
When I was in Nassau last year on the Pampered Chef cruise - I spent HOURS in the straw market haggling with the sellers there trying to get a knock-off of that bag! After a while I gave up cuz I didn't like the prices and I didn't know enough about the bag to be able to tell which one looked th emost authentic. The first thing I am going to do when I get to Atlantis in May is run to the straw market and get that bag!! I envy you having the real deal!!

I love Coach! Have fun in Atlantis!!!

Hope you get your gifts!!I hope you all get the gifts on your wish list. I went to the store today to get a world map for my husband. IT was on his list. He wants to mark it up, to show where our church missionaries are, that our church supports. He will put that 50" by 32" map up on the wall in his study. It was horrible just finidng parking and my poor two year old daughter was coughing up phlegm. It was gross and I felt so bad for her.
We are home now and glad to be here. Those people were being so mean just to get my parking space. Talk about not knowing what Christmas is all about.
I had a question. Have any of you ever had a German Shepherd or have one now? I would love to get a puppy soon for Christmas or after. But I wanted to know if someone would be so kind to let me know some important things before I get one. I have read so many pages of information on that breed but the best advice comes from owners!! Any info would be appreciate, anything you think I should know.

Thanks,

LOVE Coach too! I got a bag last year! This year I want a lap top but I don't know if Santa is getting me one??

DebbieSAChef said:
I hope you all get the gifts on your wish list. I went to the store today to get a world map for my husband. IT was on his list. He wants to mark it up, to show where our church missionaries are, that our church supports. He will put that 50" by 32" map up on the wall in his study. It was horrible just finidng parking and my poor two year old daughter was coughing up phlegm. It was gross and I felt so bad for her.
We are home now and glad to be here. Those people were being so mean just to get my parking space. Talk about not knowing what Christmas is all about.
I had a question. Have any of you ever had a German Shepherd or have one now? I would love to get a puppy soon for Christmas or after. But I wanted to know if someone would be so kind to let me know some important things before I get one. I have read so many pages of information on that breed but the best advice comes from owners!! Any info would be appreciate, anything you think I should know.

Thanks,

Debbie~
My parents have had 2 Germans since I was born. Both were excellent dogs. DH and I debated between a Shepard and a Lab for a very long time but went with the Lab. Both our Shepards succumbed to hip problems even though we were very careful not to encourage play that hurt their hips. Brita died at 6 and Mac at 13. They were excellent dogs. Had I not fallen in love with our Lab the first time we went to the breeder's we could have very well had a German Shepard.

HTH~

heat123 said:
LOVE Coach too! I got a bag last year! This year I want a lap top but I don't know if Santa is getting me one??

I love my Coach bag that I earned for FREE from PC in 2003!!

:D

How SWEET! How did you earn it? Wish they had that offer again this year!!!

first of all what is a coach bag?
I really dont have a wish list my my husband is going to be very surprised for Christmas he is getting a 29 gallon fish tank even though he wants a 55 gallon and a gc to get his own fish and a back to basics toaster

Coach is a Brand name. Pricey and nice!

Coach is part of the gift certificate list for level 1...i'm going back and forth between conference cash and the gc. Gotta ACCESSORIZE! :cool:

heat123 said:
How SWEET! How did you earn it? Wish they had that offer again this year!!!

I earned level 1 my first year with the company and had a choice of a stereo, Kitchen aid(regret that now!), a Palm Pilot, a Coach handbag and one other thing. I wanted the bag most of all!!
It came in a huge brown hat box tied with a HUGE red ribbon and bow! I use it all the time still!

erinyourpclady said:
I earned level 1 my first year with the company and had a choice of a stereo, Kitchen aid(regret that now!), a Palm Pilot, a Coach handbag and one other thing. I wanted the bag most of all!!
It came in a huge brown hat box tied with a HUGE red ribbon and bow! I use it all the time still!

Oh yeah AND DH bought me the matching wallet/pocketbook for my B-day that year! It was AWESOME!!

:D

NICE! Too bad I was 3k short of level 1 this year! :O(

It's so funny how everyone is commenting on the coach bags. My sisters are so big into getting the name brand bags and my husband thanks me all the time when they come into town and say how they spent on 1 purse! :D
Carolyn~When my hubby and I went to Nassau last April, the same thing of course happened to us and I ended up getting a really cute Kate Spade knockoff purse. Of course my sisters are still trying to snag it.

For Christmas this year, my hubby and I took each other on a 5 day cruise to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Caymans. We had a wonderful time. NOTHING else is being given to each other though!;)

Debbie - one of my friends has a German and she loves it. Her does have a skin allergy that I think is common in them but she treats it with prescription dog food and the vet thinks the dog is outgrowing it. She is very well mannered. My little boy loves playing with it too.

RE: Coach _ - I would LOVe one of them but I really want a Louis Vitton. I settle for Tommy Hilfiger instead - that is my FAV brand name.

Well we just went and bought my x-mas present. We just bought a new sofa & love seat brand new. We went everywhere in town, & all the furn. sold the same brand so we went with who would give us the best deal.One store really nice sales guy 1,550 for the set w/ free del. & pick upnext store on sale 1,399 free del. & no free pick up (the sales guy was slimey and glued himself to us both times we were in the store. I think he told me the same info 5 million times)3rd store dealt w/ the owner really nice, left us alone, no preasure. He told us the price for the set was 1,349. We were talking and were going to take it w/ free del. & free pick up of our old stuff. Then he came back and said I will give it to you for 1,189. Of course we said sold!!!! So tomorrow they are delivering my new furniture. I am so excited!!!!:)

I don't really have my heart set on anything this year. I still would love a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. I had been asking for one for years! About 3 years ago my husband bought me a stand mixer, but it was a different brand. Not as nice. Whaddya do? So I rarely use it (it is very loud and kinda smokes) and he says, "well I'm glad I didn't get you the expensive one you wanted". He just doesn't get it.

What would really make my Christmas AWESOME is if our house in Arizona would sell or we get tenants or something!! It has been on the market since July with no nibbles. We are both losing our hair over it! So, needless to say, this Christmas will be a little thin. Oh well...

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tlag1986
Replies
Views
raebates
  • chefjeanine
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns