• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu for July 1st?

In summary, today was a BBQ day with burgers, chicken fajitas, and pork roast. Pork roast was cooked in the crock pot with rice and green beans. There will also be chicken fajitas on the grill. The lighter dish will be bbq chicken legs, and the heavier dish will be pulled pork. There will be corn on the cob and fried chicken as well.
rennea
Gold Member
Can you believe that it's already July 1st!!!!!

Today we are having burgers, hot dogs, and all the other goodies that go into a big BBQ.:thumbup:

Pork roast in the crock pot, served over rice, with green beans.

Hey Rennea! I've been waiting for you to start your thread!:D:chef:

I *think* we will be having chicken fajitas on the grill....using the grill basket of course!

Or, maybe do something more Greek - I could marinate some Chicken and onions and peppers with a Greek marinade, and I have Tzatziki sauce.....hmmm, decisions, decisions......

One thing I know is that it will be something lighter, and healthier - I've eaten more than my share of fudge, ice cream, and s'mores this past week!

doing burgers on the grill
fresh beans from my garden, with salsa to spice them up some. :)
grilled squash from my garden

All I know is that it's a bbq!!! It will be close to 100 again today, with thunder storms, so it's humid! I need to cook outside! My hubby is out of town all week, so I need to think this out! Need to make it kid friendly!
Any ideas BECKY, MY FRIEND!! LOL!! We always run to you!:D;)

We are having BBQ chicken in the DCB, I love that thing!! with roasted red potatoes and a veggie maybe carrotts!

MissChef said:
All I know is that it's a bbq!!! It will be close to 100 again today, with thunder storms, so it's humid! I need to cook outside! My hubby is out of town all week, so I need to think this out! Need to make it kid friendly!
Any ideas BECKY, MY FRIEND!! LOL!! We always run to you!:D;)

I'd do bbq chicken legs - kids love the legs! Then, throw on some corn on the cob to go with it. You can do that right in the husk on the grill....yummy, and at least at our house, very kid friendly!

DebbieJ said:
Pork roast in the crock pot, served over rice, with green beans.

If you didn't live so far away, I'd crash your dinner! Sounds delish!

Sauteed tilapia with almonds (from the Cooking for Two cookbook).

I'm on a quest to try to claim at least 60% of this month's grocery bill as a tax deduction. We're sampling and testing lots of PC recipes/products this month.:chef:

legacypc46 said:
Sauteed tilapia with almonds (from the Cooking for Two cookbook).

I'm on a quest to try to claim at least 60% of this month's grocery bill as a tax deduction. We're sampling and testing lots of PC recipes/products this month.:chef:

I have no idea what I'm fixing... probably let the kids choose.

Leggy - I :love: your idea of sampling/testing lots of PC recipes. I just wish we could file for "expense reimbursements" throughout the year like I can at my day job so I can see the efforts of my planning right away... but not having to pay taxes at the end of the year is fun, too!

We are having pulled pork, corn on the cobb and watermelon. Can't wait. I love pulled pork!!!

I'm fixing Sausage & Peppers Penne from It's Good For You. Jennie O turkey sausage is on sale this week, so I'm using sweet turkey sausage because we don't like spicy.

Speaking of using groceries as a tax write off, I'm planning to make all PC recipes and using PC products for my trip to my parents on the 4th. I will also find someone to talk to about my business. I'll be writing off the mileage, 165 miles, $96.50. (58.5 cents starting today, right?)

We were horrible Southerners for dinner tonight....
Fresh creamed corn, a medley of fried stuff (green tomatoes, okra, squash and onions), fried chicken and jalapeno cornbread....all washed down with sweet tea!

I love when veggies are available in the garden!!

ljeffries said:
We were horrible Southerners for dinner tonight....
Fresh creamed corn, a medley of fried stuff (green tomatoes, okra, squash and onions), fried chicken and jalapeno cornbread....all washed down with sweet tea!

I love when veggies are available in the garden!!

Oh my gosh! I'm the new queen of sweet tea! I LOVE THE STUFF!!!

Ah yeah, Mom was lazy tonight. We had the 2 tacos for 99 cent special at Taco Bell. Nice to feed myself and the kids for about $4.00.Don't worry, we all had healthy lunches and breakfast! ;)

Ours was a new creation of mine. I'm sure that it's probably not a "new" creation, but I didn't have a recipe for it!

I did:

2 lbs. pork sausage, browned & drained
2 boxes scalloped potatoes (plus stuff to make the potatoes)
1 bag frozen corn
1 medium onion, sliced

After I browned & drained the sausage, I sauteed the onions in some of the sausage grease. I mixed up the scalloped potatoes like it said on the box. Then I just mixed everything together in the lid/bowl stoneware & baked it at 400 for 35-45 minutes. It was so yummy! A new family favorite. I made it for a group of men & there was hardly any left.

Oh, and I already know what is on the menu for tomorrow!!!! Banquet night at camp - I'm going to serve so I can eat dinner!!!!Salad - with mandarin oranges and a light dressing
Beef tenderloin
Green beans just lightly baked with olive oil and salt
Warm Rolls
Potatoes (Sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, sour cream, cheese garlic all mixed)
Homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Pie and Ice CreamI think that was it...it was VERY yummy last week ESPECIALLY the potatoes!

Trying to loose a few before NC so that I can eat what I want and break even!!!

Salad, Salad and Salad.
Fruit for dessert.

No wine, no beer,no cocktail, just water.

Just got a call this evening that D wants to have a surprise party for her husband July 4 afternoon, and that means a red/white/blue trifle, potato salad, bbq, etc etc. That and we already committed to another BBQ that evening. So you can see why I have to eat salad, salad and salad now.

BTW to those who haven't made the red, white, blue trifle.. it's so easy, and so pretty. I need to find another trifle bowl for the second one on Friday.

Related to What's on the Menu for July 1st?

1. What is the featured recipe for July 1st?

The featured recipe for July 1st is Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kabobs. It is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for summer grilling.

2. Are there any vegetarian options for July 1st?

Yes, our July 1st menu also includes a Vegetarian Lasagna recipe. It is a flavorful and hearty dish that will satisfy any vegetarian or non-vegetarian alike.

3. Can I make substitutions for ingredients in the July 1st recipes?

Yes, you can always make substitutions based on your dietary preferences or allergies. We encourage you to get creative and make the recipes your own!

4. How many servings do the July 1st recipes yield?

The recipes for July 1st are designed to serve 4-6 people. However, you can easily adjust the quantities to fit your needs.

5. Are the July 1st recipes difficult to prepare?

No, the recipes for July 1st are designed to be easy and convenient for busy weeknights. They come with step-by-step instructions and can be prepared in under 30 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • pamperedbybarbara