• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's in the new super starter kit?

In summary, the new Super Starter Kit has a lot of great products, but some of them are not as necessary as others. The mini muffin tin, cheese grater, and glazed stone are all missing from the kit, and the bar pan and cooling rack are new additions. The new kit is more expensive than the previous one, and new recruits may not have enough time to learn how to use all of the products.
MGG
Hi Everyone,
I just received these from my director. Loving the HWC apron! The second picture on the left is all the items in the new super starter kit. If this doesn't post well I can email the pics but it wouldn't let me download them even after resizing. AHHH

Marisol

Attachments

• Leadership Pictures.doc
    232.5 KB · Views: 818
Thank you!

Love the Apron too!

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for sharing....looks like the new starter kit has a lot of awesome products!

I have GOT to earn that apron!!!

LisaAnn said:
Thanks for sharing....looks like the new starter kit has a lot of awesome products!
The new starter kit has at least one product from each product category/collection. It includes the Forged utility knife, Ultimate mandoline, small bowl caddy and 2 bowls, cooling rach, Exec saute pan, large bar pan, among others. The product value is over $400!The Spanish kit has been updated, too, but I didn't take as close a look at that one. It includes the 10" skillet and large round stone. (I remember seeing those in the bag in the kit room.)

OH of course I just finally found an apron from someone on here and purchased it and they decide to come out with a new apron - I still have to earn it - I LOVE pink and my business is all about raising money for cnancer research!

Kathy

Thank you for the pictures! I love the new kit contents. I think that it will be awesome for consultants like me who didn't have a cooking show and then decide to do this. I'm a student who decided to do this for extra money, so when I started I didn't have a lot of products. I'm surprised though that they are not giving them 15 days or so to get used to the products.

If the 90 days starts when they receive the products how long will it take new recruits to get them? Are directors still able to have the paperwork kits?

New Super Starter Kit
MGG said:
Hi Everyone,
I just received these from my director. Loving the HWC apron! The second picture on the left is all the items in the new super starter kit. If this doesn't post well I can email the pics but it wouldn't let me download them even after resizing. AHHH

Marisol
Unfortunately, I am a little depressed after looking at the NEW Super Starter Kit. Mini Muffin Tin???? Do you know how many times I have actually used that at my shows? There is also no cheese grater and I use that at EVERY show. They have replaced the cheese grater with the micro grater. I rarely take that to my shows because it is too complex and too many pieces. If I am going to grate cheese into my recipes, I use the deluxe cheese grater. rThere is no glazed stone in the kit like before. In my opinion, There is definitely not MORE to the kit. Yes...you get the ultimate mandolin and the executive saute pan, but I don't think that was necessary to have your first shows. I am thinking that if you have a new consultant having to qualify in exactly 30 days of receiving the kit that she is not going to have time to actually demonstrate the ultimate mandonlin with confidence. I like the bar pan because as a new consultant, I didn't know how to cut round shaped "pizzas" into serving sizes for large crowds, so the bar pan was always easier for me. Of course, if they expect a new consultant to make a pizza or a dessert, you probably need the baker's roller and I don't see that! I like the cooling rack because I used that to put my hot stones on. Where is a mitt? Now new consultants will have to ask the host for their mitt!! Someone help me become more positive about this new kit!!:confused:

Kathytnt said:
OH of course I just finally found an apron from someone on here and purchased it and they decide to come out with a new apron - I still have to earn it - I LOVE pink and my business is all about raising money for cnancer research!

Kathy
I don't think you will be able to buy that apron. The conference aprons are usually exclusive to those who attend.

I microplane grater has no more parts than the cheese grater! Still - I am surprised they took the cheese grater out. I knew about the bar pan being included but I was thinking that was in addition to the large round stone - I guess they really are getting away from the rings, from the cheesy foods etc...

I am shocked that they took the large round stone out too! I generally like the new kit, because those are a lot of things that I like, but I will be interested in seeing the new recipes.

Cindycooks said:
I microplane grater has no more parts than the cheese grater! Still - I am surprised they took the cheese grater out. I knew about the bar pan being included but I was thinking that was in addition to the large round stone - I guess they really are getting away from the rings, from the cheesy foods etc...

Whenever I mention a PC recipe, everyone's comments are like "does it have croissants and cheese? every PC recipe does.." and I think with our society growing towards healthy eating, that it is fun for one night at a party, but not stuff they want to make everyday.....so anyway, I think we are in the right direction!

I agree. ...also mayo!! When I did a show for my good friend, she told me to make whatever I wanted, but "please no MAYO!!" LOL

haha haha...yep!For anyone that didn't see, the new CN link is posted, just look for the thread for it....all of the pics and info we have been waiting for in print! Thanks EVERYONE!!!!

Ann I saw your signature said Leadership 08 in Cincinnati, Oh. I am so excited that is only 2 hours from my house!!! I will be planning on being there!!!

Oh, yea! I didn't see that about leadership in Cincinnati. I have a brother and sister-in-law in Dayton and we hardly ever get out to see them due to distance. This may be just the excuse I need to make a trip out there and connect it with business.

Thanks for pointing that out Nicki!

jenniferknapp said:
haha haha...yep!

For anyone that didn't see, the new CN link is posted, just look for the thread for it....all of the pics and info we have been waiting for in print! Thanks EVERYONE!!!!
Thanx Jennifer! All of the Leadership updates are there for the viewing!!:D

I'm surprised on some of the products that aren't included but I think including some of the bigger items like the mandoline and the microplane grater is wonderful. For one thing, these are items it is hard to find the extra money sometimes to purchase. Secondly, this may be a bigger draw for people considering becoming a consultant that have already been to several shows. I know I already had every item except for two in the starter kit when I became a consultant and would have much preferred this kit!

It is a little odd that they didn't include the bakers roller and mitts would be nice but those weren't included in the old kit either. I love that they have a piece of the cookware to be able to showcase as it is hard to sell or acquire bookings without having anything to pass around. And the mini-muffin tin. I love that one!! I use that at so many shows and tell people everyone needs one in their kitchen because no matter what you make in it people love them because it is all so cute.

I can't wait to tell my potential recruits about this new kit!!

I think the new kit is great. I would have loved having some of these bigger items in my starter kit as I did not earn them during my SS.

tlennhoff said:
I think the new kit is great. I would have loved having some of these bigger items in my starter kit as I did not earn them during my SS.

I LOVE the new kit! Totally updated - has something from every category in the catalog, and I think will be so exciting for potential recruits! I also like the new SS program, where they earn PC $$ instead of product. I would have liked that as a SS.

Everything looks beautiful...but I don't know I am still leary about the starter kit. The rings are great and with out the round stone....gona miss that. Also the saute pan...um dont' think many will use that except for looks..kind of a waste.

The only thing I know to make (at a show) in the saute pan are the bread pull aparts, but that is so easy and people love it, that I guess that would be worth it. I can't say that I've sold one because I used it though. Just showing it is enough most of the time.
I love the new kit. So many people say I already have all that stuff and even if I wanted to do PC I don't feel I should have to buy it all again! (I disagree with them, but that is what they say) so now most can't say that!
I started in June and earned the new fall stuff, but I always wanted that mini muffin pan......Can I rebuy the kit? lol! I do wish they would put a mitt in the kit, but they can't give us everything!

They can use the saute pan for the pull-apart breads- this is one of my favorite quickie recipes and Tom Marston uses it at every show! As for the other stuff - nothing says you can't use the round stone - just the SuperStarters wont have it yet!
I use the mini-muffin pan alot - over the holidays, I did appetizers at my shows - Shrimp Wonton Cups, the mini-veggie quiches. Also did the Shrimp Wonton Cups at a bridal shower on Saturday and they were quick, awesome and elegant! (its ashame they are in the Celebrate Cookbook but I dont care!) My customers love them and I have the recipe on my computer to print out for them if they request it.
I am really starting to like this new kit!

Jilleysue said:
Everything looks beautiful...but I don't know I am still leary about the starter kit. The rings are great and with out the round stone....gona miss that. Also the saute pan...um dont' think many will use that except for looks..kind of a waste.

I think the rings can be made on the bar pan - just hard to remove to plate. Their are a number of recipes for the saute pan as well as the "ice melt" trick that is used to illustrate how our pans are fantastic at conducting heat or cold so that food is cooked evenly.

I would trade my "extra" round stone that's been sitting in a box for a mini muffin pan any day. I think one of the first things to purchase at a PC show is a Round Stone so most people already have one. And instead of rings, super starters can make braids on the large bar pan.

tlennhoff said:
I think the rings can be made on the bar pan - just hard to remove to plate.

You can do all the rings as braids (look in the All the Best book). I thought
they were harder but my husband figured it out so that means anyone can!!!

OMG...I love the Saute Pan! Make the Garlic Pull Apart bread shows! People will want it too!

Does anyone know..is the price of the starter kit staying the same, or going back up to $100???

Just earlier today I had a host call me about how to make the sandwich ring, she wanted the directions on how to put the ring together so I made a postcard up with directions on it the easiest way I know

What do you think? Does this card explain it correctly?

Does anything did to be changed?

Thanks for all of your help:) :) :)

~

Attachments

• RECIPE CARD - How to make a Sandwich Ring 001.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 304
Someone said "now consultants will have to borrow the host's mitt" but I wanted to point out that when I got my kit in the US it didn't have an oven mitt in it! And neither did my UK kit..

Jilleysue said:

I find the braids alot easier to do than the rings - and those can be done in the bar pan! With the Saute Pan - like others said - the pull apart bread is perfect for this pan - but also, PC calls it the "try me" size pan. I have 2 hosts for this month who are hosting because they bought the 8" saute pan to try (great size pan when you want to do 1 or 2 eggs,individual omelets, or 1 grilled sandwich), and now want more cookware because of it!
Often as my shows, I use the saute pan as a "pass-around" piece. I put an ice cube in it, and an ice cube on a small SA plate, and pass them around, so people can see how well the pan conducts heat (or cold:rolleyes: ), and use this time to talk about all the benefits of the executive cookware. I think having this in the SS kit will help new consultants not only fall in love w/ the cookware, but also help them sell it!

Can someone give me the recipe for the pull apart breads. I am sure I have it somewhere but I can't seem to find it?? Thanks!!

Cindycooks said:

They added the UM so you can use that for the cheese grater, that is probably why they added the Microplane.

MIni Muffin PanPCRox
Mini Muffin Tin???? Do you know how many times I have actually used that at my shows?

I make things in this all the time to take to shows, I love this for appetizer shows, which I happen to do allot, I also bake allot of cookies with this and "fill" with PB Cups, etc. Pecan Tassies, Lemon Tarts, Pumpkin Pie Tarlets, and Mini Dutch Apple Pies to just name a few of the desserts I make in it.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about the new kit, but I think this price is going to hurt in my area, and I don't have enough $ to offer to reimburse them like some can.

Lisa

nicki25 said:
Can someone give me the recipe for the pull apart breads. I am sure I have it somewhere but I can't seem to find it?? Thanks!!
'

Here you go Nicki..:)

Attachments

• Pull Apart Bread.doc
    21 KB · Views: 324
In response to a couple of the questions above...The Mandoline can be used to grate cheese. Once I got that (or the USG), I never used the DCG - too much of a pain to turn that little handle.The mini muffin pan was included because it makes it easy to make lots of small tastes for shows. Many new consultants make the mistake of cutting meal-sized portions of recipes and running out. Essential level recipes (those designed to use just the kit products) will include recipes that use the pan.The kit price went up to $155. BUT it includes over $400 in products. And the big push now is to "Sell the Dream, not the Deal." If a new consultant has a big enough dream and desire, they'll find the money and make it back quickly. It's also still lower than many party-plan kits, but high enough to discourage kitnappers.

One of the new show recipes is Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups - they look like they are made in the mini-muffin pan - they look yummy - and another reason the mini-muffin pan is included.

chefann said:
In response to a couple of the questions above...

The Mandoline can be used to grate cheese. Once I got that (or the USG), I never used the DCG - too much of a pain to turn that little handle.

The mini muffin pan was included because it makes it easy to make lots of small tastes for shows. Many new consultants make the mistake of cutting meal-sized portions of recipes and running out. Essential level recipes (those designed to use just the kit products) will include recipes that use the pan.

The kit price went up to $155. BUT it includes over $400 in products. And the big push now is to "Sell the Dream, not the Deal." If a new consultant has a big enough dream and desire, they'll find the money and make it back quickly. It's also still lower than many party-plan kits, but high enough to discourage kitnappers.
I use to be a director a couple years ago, (I stepped down cause of my time schedule and too many personal issues going on, and my own lack of time managememt and organization that I was going crazy with a three year old that always wanted my attention!) Anyway, I sold for the fun of it since and this year my six year old(then three year old) is in full time school now, I have every intention of being a director again by national conference! I have recruited many people in my PC career ( at least 30) and I'll tell you what, I wish I would have had this when I was struggling before trying to reduce "kit napping" and encourage people to understand what the dream was! I was leary when I first read about the kit price increase, but now that I've seen the newsletter and put some thought into it, I think it's really a good idea. I think it helps us in the long run by having stronger clusters, and it helps the company reduce how much they get ripped off by "kit nappers"! I remember sitting with Doris at my new directors breakfast and when we asked why they didn't do anything about the "kit nappers", she said that it would cost so much more to go after people legally, that it wasn't worth it and the bad publicity. That has stuck in my mind and I think this is the company's way to reduce the chance of this happening anymore.
One last thought, for the ones that are really upset about the increase, think about it this way, it really will build your team to be stronger. So many times both the recruiter and the director spend so much wasted time and energy on "kit nappers" and people that just don't care, that it can be discouraging to them in their own PC careers! I remember my senior director telling me when I stepped down, that to just go back to why I started selling in the beginning, (for the love of the product, love of the company, the extra money, and the fun time that I had at my shows) and to not worry about recruiting, and a team. She told me that the team would come naturally and that when I was ready to build my team again, that I would approach much more different than I did in the beginning! She told me many thing to say during a recruit interview that would discourage kit napping! I find it very interesting that this comes along right at this time when I am ready again!

So instead of looking at the price tag, look at the meaning behind it, in the long run PC is only trying to make our jobs easier!
Just my thoughts! thanks for letting me share!:D

Last edited:
Jilleysue said:
What pan do you use for these?

Pull aparts can be done in the 8" skillet or bigger batches in the 10"

ChefNic said:
OMG...I love the Saute Pan! Make the Garlic Pull Apart bread shows! People will want it too!

Does anyone know..is the price of the starter kit staying the same, or going back up to $100???

It's going to be $155

MissChef said:
She told me many thing to say during a recruit interview that would discourage kit napping!

Thank you for sharing--I am so glad that this thread is going well. I was worried when I posted it. Could you share with us what you say to discourage kit-nappers w/o discouraging a recruit. I'd love to know how to do that.

ChefAnn,

Could you go more into "sell the dream not the deal" for someone that is pretty new and has not earned a trip yet or made huge amounts of $$$$. I am rolling into SS3. Love the new kit better, but I earned SS1, SS2, a plus bonus package and Level 2 of the sell athon so I am not complaining about the old SS program at all.

Thanks guys.
Marisol

Could someone tell me what I earned in December??
Did we get that Trifle Bowl???
I hope so! I about ordered one from Southern Living about a year ago...whew!!!
and a removable stem for storage!! How COOL is that!!
And what was level 1 in Nov Sell -a-thon??

ChefNic said:
Could someone tell me what I earned in December??
Did we get that Trifle Bowl???
I hope so! I about ordered one from Southern Living about a year ago...whew!!!
and a removable stem for storage!! How COOL is that!!
And what was level 1 in Nov Sell -a-thon??

Yes!!! The Trifle Bowl was the December Incentive!!! It has 3 pieces -- the base, main bowl and lid!

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!!

Thanks!

letscook04 said:
'

Here you go Nicki..:)

I tried these last night, but doesn't tell you how much italian seasoning and I didn't think I put enough. Should I just play with it. They are yummy though. I did the garlic ones. My BF thinks we should add Parmesan cheese too.....mmmmmmmm:D

How will a new consultant function without a large round stone??? That seems crazy to me.

I didn't use mine for the first year, so I am sure they can live without. Show how appauled you are to your recruits and tell them they HAVE to earn their PC dollars to get that stone!!

Jilleysue said:
I tried these last night, but doesn't tell you how much italian seasoning and I didn't think I put enough. Should I just play with it. They are yummy though. I did the garlic ones. My BF thinks we should add Parmesan cheese too.....mmmmmmmm:D

I never measure the italian seasoning - sorry can't give you an amount! I do always add Parm. Cheese to mine - I just grate it over the top (w/ the microplane grater;) ) until it's coated, and stir it up - that's how I do the seasoning too. I do another coating of cheese right after I take it out of the oven.....yummy!

WOWWEEIE!!! I just realized I am only 10 posts away from my stripper star!!!

Thanks so much for the recipe for the pull apart bread. I am going to make them tomorrow at my show.
Also about a new consultant functioning without the round stone, I have hardly ever used my round stone at my shows. I have always used my Bar pan. It is the most awesome stone we carry!!! (unless you only make frozen round pizzas). You can make everything on the bar pan and it adds more to your sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amandamohrskitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
Replies
Views
ChefAmber
  • LakesideMom
  • Products and Tips
Replies