1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What's for dinner June 25

1. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

It's hot hot hot here and DS has his championship baseball game tonight...so I'm turning on the gas grill for quick burgers and dogs.

On an alternate note, anyone have a tried and true layered salad recipe for me to bring to the baseball party in a couple weeks?

Jun 25, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The summer berry salad on CC (with the stars and stripes theme) is really good, and refreshing. It's basically romaine, cucumber, julienne carrots, red onion, sliced strawberries and blueberries. And Kraft poppyseed dressing is fantastic with it!

I still don't know what we're having for dinner. We had beef last night, so should have chicken. But it's hot here, too, and I don't feel like moving, let alone cooking.

Jun 25, 2009
  3. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

We are having Kielbassa with bell peppers and onions served "wrap" style. As in flour tortillias vs, hoagie rolls.

might do a micro cake for desert...

Jun 25, 2009
  4. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

When the trifle bowl came out, we had a taste testing party for trifles. The one that was the hit was:

Handful salad:

handful of sliced strawberries
    handful sliced red onion
    small can mand oranges
    handful of candied walnuts
    romaine lettuce
    raspberry vingarette dressing

So yummy!

5. michelletx

michelletx Novice Member

I have not tried the layered salad, but the one crystal posted sounds sooooo good. I will have to try it!

At my last cooking show I demo'd the quiche lorraine tartlets and the host prepared the Strawberry Spinach salad. The guests RAVED about the salad. I then made it for a MK party that I hosted for a friend and again,the guests would not leave without the recipe.

It's not a layered salad, but very very good.

Jun 26, 2009
Have something to add?