• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's a Delicious Summer Dessert Recipe for a Pampered Chef Show?

In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, yolks and zest until combined. Pour mixture into crust. Sprinkle with cook and serve pudding and pie filling. Dot with butter. Top with marshmallow crème. Freeze for 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings
rebeccastt
Silver Member
Hello fellow Cheffers! I need some help!

My director asked me to make/bring a good summer recipe that would also be a good show recipe. She wants me to bring it to share, then explain how I made it and what tools I used.

So, here are some things I DON'T want (for various reasons):
*trifle
*microwave cakes
*profiterole puffs
*skillet cakes
*tuxedo brownie cups

Would you all help me out and share what recipe you think would be good for a summer show?

Thanks in advance,

Many of the fruit pizza recipes are good summer desserts, because you can stress making the cookie at the beginning of the day, when the house is still cool from overnight. They show many cutting tools, plus stoneware, and are usually a big hit. You can also tailor them to the fruit that's on sale/in season so they aren't very expensive.

how about-

ice cream sandwich torte- use the insert from the chillzanne to work on and keep it cold during the assembly.

Tropical wontons with Mango sauce

mango salsa sundae

just a few of my personal favs!!

re; SUMMER RECIPEHow about the stars and stripes pizza made with crescent rolls, you can make the crust ahead of time and the cheese topping ahead. Then just slice the berries and bannanas when you are ready for them.

Flora

Attachments

• stars and stripes dessert pizza.jpg
    stars and stripes dessert pizza.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 531
I've been making the Chocolate Strawberry Delight. You use the Springform pan and it does not need any refrigeration time to set up.

my favorite recipe ever for summer is the Strawberry Banana Sundae pizza

Strawberry Banana Sundae Pizza

Submitted by RINI

Ingredients:
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

1/4 cup peanuts, chopped

2 bars (1.55 ounces each) milk chocolate candy

2 medium bananas, sliced

1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained

1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly sprinkle large round stone with flour. Shape cookie dough into a ball in center of baking stone. Using lightly floured baker's roller, roll out dough to a 14-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone; cool completely on baking stone.

2. In a bowl, microwave cream cheese on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened; whisk until smooth. Add whipped topping; whisk until smooth (mixture will be thick). Spread cream cheese mixture over cookie to within 1/2 inch of edge.

3. Chop peanuts. Coarsely chop chocolate bars . Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate over pizza. Slice bananas; arrange bananas and pineapple over pizza. Spoon strawberry topping evenly over fruit. Slice pizza into 16 wedges; serve.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Summer dessertsI would do a cheesecake. There are many to choose from. A fruit pizza is a great idea too.

Classic Cheesecake

Crust
8 graham crackers (4 1/2 X 2 1/2 inches each, about 1 cup crumbs)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted 1 tablespoon sugar

Filling
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350°F. Place graham crackers in resealable plastic food storage bag. Crush into fine crumbs using Baker's Roller™. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar; mix well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of Springform Pan fitted with flat base. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Meanwhile, place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Whisk using Stainless Steel Whisk until soft and creamy. Whisk in sugar and flour until well combined. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Pour batter over slightly cooled crust. Return to oven. Bake 50-55 minutes until center is just set. Remove from oven. Cool 20 min. on cooling rack. Carefully run sharp knife around edges of cheesecake. Allow to cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Release side clamp and remove collar. Top with fresh sliced strawberries or cherry pie filling. Yield: 10-12 servings

BANANA CREAM SUPREME is so EASY and Yummy!!

BROWNIE PIZZA is delicious and usually a big hit!!

Lemon Dream Tart

This delicious, foolproof lemon tart is topped with an easy "meringue" that is simply heavenly.

1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package), softened as directed on package
1 lemon
2 cups water
1/3 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 package (2.9 ounces) lemon cook and serve pudding and pie filling (not instant)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 jar (7 1/2 ounces) marshmallow crème
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

Preheat oven to 425°F. Gently unfold crust onto Baker's Mat; roll to an 11 1/2-inch circle. Press into bottom and up sides of Tart Pan. Prick bottom of crust. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.

Zest entire lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer; set zest aside for garnish. Juice lemon to measure 3 tablespoons juice. In Small (2-qt.) Saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, water, sugar, egg yolks and pudding mix; whisk until well blended. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add butter and stir until melted. Cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour lemon mixture into crust; refrigerate 1 hour or until completely cool.

In Classic Batter Bowl, combine marshmallow crème and whipped topping; mix until well blended and smooth. Add remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice; mix until smooth and glossy. Spread whipped topping mixture over tart using Large Spreader. Garnish with reserved lemon zest. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.

Yield: 12 servings

Have you tried the new Island breeze rum cake? I haven't but it looks really pretty!

Debbie :D

I LOVE the Strawberry Ameritto Pastries and they have always been HUGE hit.

Berries 'N Cream Wanton Cups. This is so easy and they are so yummy. I do this one when I do not want to cook anything at a party. Everyone thinks they are great.

Attachments

• berries 'n cream wantons.doc
    658 KB · Views: 323
I had a Patio show Friday night. We made the Jamaican Jerk Salad. I actually had 3 stations. There were 3 ladies at the grill - grilling the already marinated chicken (using the BBQ tools), 4 ladies inside on salad duty with all tools needed, and a 3rd station was at the stove grilling pineapple on the grill pan and also this group made the salad dressing. It was a HUGE hit - everyone there commented on how much they enjoyed it. It was REALLY easy for me. We started out on the patio, divided in groups, then all came back out to the patio to eat and conclude the show.

make this:
Summer Lattice Pastry

Crust
1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1/2 cup sliced almonds, grated, divided
1 egg white, lightly beaten

Filling
1 package (3 ounces) vanilla cook and serve pudding and pie filling (not instant)
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Toppings
4 cups assorted fresh fruits, such as sliced plums and strawberries; blueberries, raspberries or grapes
1/4 cup apricot preserves
3 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon Plus Spice Blend

1. Preheat oven to 375?F. Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Lightly dust large round stone with flour. Unfold one pie crust and place in center of a baking stone. Lightly brush with water. Grate half of the almonds over crust. Unfold second crust and place over first crust on baking stone, matching edges and pressing down to seal. Using a baker's roller, roll both crusts out together to edge of baking stone. Fold 1/2 inch of edge of crust in toward center, forming an even border; press to seal seam.

2. Using smooth end of pastry tool, form a decorative fluted edge; prick center of crust. Separate egg over a bowl (set yolk aside for another use). Brush edge of crust with egg white. Grate remaining almonds evenly over crust. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack. Cool at least 10 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, for filling, combine pudding mix and milk in mall (2-qt.) saucepan; whisk. Stir over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla; mix until smooth. Cool 10 minutes. Spread filling evenly over crust.

4. Place fruit in a bowl. Microwave preserves on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Pour preserves over fruit, tossing gently. Spoon fruit mixture evenly over filling.

5. Attach closed star tip a decorator; fill with whipped topping. Pipe 3 horizontal rows of topping across surface of fruit, followed by 3 diagonal rows, forming a lattice pattern. Pipe a decorative border around edge of fruit. Sprinkle with spice blend. Cut pastry into wedges.

Yield: 12 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 8.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 2 g

The Strawberries & Cream Cloud from the Delightful Desserts cookbook is easy. Also, it uses low fat & low sugar ingredients and is still yummy! You can pitch the idea that its an okay dessert during swimsuit season.;)

I hate diet anything and I couldn't tell!:D

mango wrapsI know it's not a dessert, but another very great summer recipe is wraps from 2004 summer season Season's best. Whenever I make those wraps, my Dh is always screaming for more and what I like is that you can choose so many different things depending on your taste. They have tem on CC in dowloads somewhere. My favorite is antipsto wrap, but I was wondering if one can do the whole thing in crepes and have varietiy of summer fruit in ithem with Whipped cream.

Kate

COOL LIME NAPOLEANS
I love this recipe, and everyone at the shows rave about it. It's in the 2003 Spring/Summer Season's Best.
1pkg crescent rolls (I actually use 1 1/2 pkgs.)
3 kiwi sliced into 24 slices (8 slices each)
11 oz can mandarin oranges
2 limes (with the new Microplane grater you'll probably only need one)
8 oz coolwhip
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup almonds finely chopped
powdered sugar
Bake crescent rolls in large bar pan at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Cool on cooling rack. Place on large cutting board and cut into 24 squares. On each square place a kiwi slice and a mandarin orange. Grate lime for 1 teaspoon of zest. Juice lime for 2 tablespoons juice. Place zest and juice into cool whip with 1/2cup powdered sugar. Mix it until smooth. Place the cool whip mixture into the decorator with the open star tip. Pipe a 1 1/2" rosette on each pastry on top of fruit. Sprinkle each with chopped almonds and sprinkle powdered sugar over each square. Directions say to place one pastry on top of another to make 12 squares out of 24, but I don't do this. It's too messy. It's very pretty especially when served on the Simple Additions Large Platter.

1. What are some easy and refreshing summer dessert recipes for show?

Some easy and refreshing summer dessert recipes for show include fruit salad, no-bake cheesecake, ice cream sandwiches, berry trifle, and grilled peaches with honey and yogurt.

2. Can you recommend any gluten-free options for summer dessert recipes?

Yes, there are many gluten-free options for summer dessert recipes, such as flourless chocolate cake, coconut macaroons, grilled fruit skewers, chia seed pudding, and frozen yogurt bark.

3. How can I incorporate seasonal fruits into my summer dessert recipes for show?

You can incorporate seasonal fruits into your summer dessert recipes by making fruit salsa, fruit tart, fruit popsicles, fruit crumble, or fruit skewers with a honey glaze.

4. Are there any no-bake options for summer dessert recipes?

Yes, there are plenty of no-bake options for summer dessert recipes, such as no-bake cookies, no-bake strawberry icebox cake, no-bake key lime pie, no-bake lemon bars, and no-churn ice cream.

5. What are some fun and creative ways to present summer dessert recipes for show?

Some fun and creative ways to present summer dessert recipes for show include using mason jars for individual servings, creating a fruit kabob station, making a DIY ice cream sundae bar, using a trifle dish for layered desserts, and using cookie cutters to make fun shapes for desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • gussey30