• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Serve With Chili?

In summary, the conversation is about planning a birthday party for someone's husband on October 11th with a guest list of 75-100 people. The party will be held at the Large Conference/Training Room at the husband's workplace, which has a full kitchen attached. The host has decided to make White Chicken Chili and Tomato-based Chili as the main dishes, along with bowls of Tortilla Chips and various toppings. Other suggestions for food include serving the chili over macaroni or corn, a veggie tray, green salad, hot dogs, grilled cheese, veggie pizzas, or a veggie and cheese tray. The host also plans to serve lemonade, water, and coffee for drinks. Ice cream sundaes and cornbread
My first thought was Cornbread. I have a Western cornbread that includes cheddar cheese and canned Mexican corn for color. You could make it up in our rectangle stoneware and cut into 2" squares, or in our new Sheet pans, or large bar pan. Serve
in the new bamboo bowls with one of our kitchen towels wrapped around it to keep
it nice until it is served. Another item that went well at my son's 50th was Deviled Eggs, if you are lucky enough to have our Chillzanne Rectangle Server. If you don't,
perhaps you can borrow a couple from other consultants in your Cluster. Two trays of them went extremely fast when we had a Cabin party for about 75 people.

I love pimento cheese sandwiches with my chili. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to "sop" up the chili juice with it. And my mom would make us peanut butter sandwiches with our chili when we were kids. You could cut the sandwiches into 4 squares or triangles.

Oh, and Rachael Ray has a chili recipe using Chorizo that I've made and it's REALLY good. And I LOVE the Buffalo Chicken Chili (like buffalo wings turned into chili) and Buffalo chicken chili mac. SUPER GOOD!

I am all about the ideas of macaroni, cornbread, baked potatoes, garlic bread - heck any starch :)I'm shocked that nobody as commented on the fact that you are having a Costco cake - they are the BEST! Yum! IMHO that cake will be the best part of the party (besides you and your DH of course :)). I always wish I would have a reason to have a Costco cake - they are just so darned big!Sounds like a fun (and yummy) party!

LeslieSGI said:
Down here in the south (and yes, NORTH Florida is considered by most to be "the South"), a big pan (PC Roasting pan, maybe?) of corn bread cut into squares would be considered a wonderful accompaniment to either kind of chili. And it need not be served hot; room temperature would be fine IMHO.​

We do that in WI too :) That was going to be my suggestion!

At my house we always have chili and cornbread and sometimes some nice juicy sweet corn on the cobs. My kids and hubby love it. Also with the leftovers we make Frito Pie. So you could also do fritos.

Debbie :D

AnnieBee said:
Growing up, we always had rice with chili - it's cheap and easy to make lotsd of, and could be done ahead and re-heated. But maybe it's an english thing...

Corn bread and salad also sound good, and a veggie tray and dip.

Personally macaroni and chili just sounds wierd!!

I absolutely love chili over rice!!! Another thing we do is make Chili Burritos.
You take refried beans & put them in a flour tortilla. Fold into a square & grill on both sides. Pour your chili over the bean/tortilla & top with your favorite toppings....cheese, lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, taco sauce/salsa etc. Extremely filling & delicious!!! Now I'm hungry!!! I think we will have those this week!!

GourmetGirl said:
I am all about the ideas of macaroni, cornbread, baked potatoes, garlic bread - heck any starch :)

I'm shocked that nobody as commented on the fact that you are having a Costco cake - they are the BEST! Yum! IMHO that cake will be the best part of the party (besides you and your DH of course :)). I always wish I would have a reason to have a Costco cake - they are just so darned big!

Sounds like a fun (and yummy) party!

The Costco Cake is my favorite part too! We still have to decide what kinds we want, although one of them will probably be the carrot cake.

ChefBeckyD said:
The Costco Cake is my favorite part too! We still have to decide what kinds we want, although one of them will probably be the carrot cake.
Yum!!

DH's side of the family has had Costco cakes for the last couple of family events. But they're so uncouth that before the cake is even cut, they start whining about it, "That's not carrot cake, is it?"

DH and I have been known to buy a Costco cake, cut it up into quarters, and freeze them. That way, we can enjoy it without having to eat the whole thing in a couple of days.

chefann said:
Yum!!

DH's side of the family has had Costco cakes for the last couple of family events. But they're so uncouth that before the cake is even cut, they start whining about it, "That's not carrot cake, is it?"

DH and I have been known to buy a Costco cake, cut it up into quarters, and freeze them. That way, we can enjoy it without having to eat the whole thing in a couple of days.

That is so sad!

Carrot Cake is a favorite of DH, DS, and myself. We would be saying the same thing before it is cut - but we would be saying it with hopefulness - not whining!:D

So - I keep going back and forth with having a chocolate/chocolate w/ buttercream mousse filling, or a white/white with strawberry mousse, or a white/white with chocolate mousse, or a white/chocolate w/ chocolate mousse, or.......hmmmm, do you see my dilemma? So many choices!

Have you posted what your side dishes will be, yet? I don't think I've read every post in this thread.

Get 2! (That's what I'd do.)

chefann said:
Get 2!

(That's what I'd do.)

That would mean getting 3 - because one is already carrot cake......hmmmm - what are the chances people will want more than one slice of cake?:D

ChefBeckyD said:
That would mean getting 3 - because one is already carrot cake......hmmmm - what are the chances people will want more than one slice of cake?:D
I'd eat more than one, but that's how I maintain my figure. ;)

Really, a white and a chocolate would be good so that you cover the people who prefer one over the other (for example, my mom can't stand chocolate cake).

chefann said:
I'd eat more than one, but that's how I maintain my figure. ;)

Really, a white and a chocolate would be good so that you cover the people who prefer one over the other (for example, my mom can't stand chocolate cake).

Okay - you've talked me into it!

Plus, I can look at it this way - With 3 cakes, I'm still only paying what I would at a bakery for one cake that size!:D (and getting better cake!)

You can send the leftovers to me! :)

<h2>1. What are some good side dishes to serve with chili for a large party?</h2><p>Some great side dishes to serve with chili for a large party include cornbread, rice, mac and cheese, coleslaw, and a green salad.</p><h2>2. Are there any vegetarian options to serve with chili?</h2><p>Yes, you can offer vegetarian chili as an option for your guests. You can also serve a variety of toppings such as avocado, diced tomatoes, and black beans for those who do not eat meat.</p><h2>3. Should I offer appetizers to go along with the chili?</h2><p>It's always a good idea to have some appetizers available for guests to munch on before the main meal. Some great options to serve with chili include chips and salsa, a veggie tray, or a cheese and cracker platter.</p><h2>4. What are some budget-friendly options to serve with chili?</h2><p>In addition to the chili itself, some budget-friendly options to serve with chili include tortilla chips, crackers, and toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, and onions. You can also consider making your own cornbread or rice instead of buying pre-made options.</p><h2>5. What type of drinks should I offer with the chili?</h2><p>Lemonade, water, and coffee are great drink options to offer with chili. You can also consider serving iced tea or soda as well. Be sure to have a variety of options available for your guests.</p>

1. What are some good side dishes to serve with chili for a large party?

Some great side dishes to serve with chili for a large party include cornbread, rice, mac and cheese, coleslaw, and a green salad.

2. Are there any vegetarian options to serve with chili?

Yes, you can offer vegetarian chili as an option for your guests. You can also serve a variety of toppings such as avocado, diced tomatoes, and black beans for those who do not eat meat.

3. Should I offer appetizers to go along with the chili?

It's always a good idea to have some appetizers available for guests to munch on before the main meal. Some great options to serve with chili include chips and salsa, a veggie tray, or a cheese and cracker platter.

4. What are some budget-friendly options to serve with chili?

In addition to the chili itself, some budget-friendly options to serve with chili include tortilla chips, crackers, and toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, and onions. You can also consider making your own cornbread or rice instead of buying pre-made options.

5. What type of drinks should I offer with the chili?

Lemonade, water, and coffee are great drink options to offer with chili. You can also consider serving iced tea or soda as well. Be sure to have a variety of options available for your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • scottcooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies