• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser Booking Dilemma: Honest Input Needed

."Maybe let her know that you're interested in doing the show but that you're concerned about the territory issue. Say that you're willing to do the show but you want the host to know that you're not sure if it's a good idea to have a PC show in that territory.
pattikake
I met a gal at one of my shows in January. She booked a fundraiser with me - with a tentative date of 'spring'. I emailed her yesterday asking which month she'd like .. and here is her response.

"Hi Patti, it is nice to hear from you. I am in a bit of a quandary and hope you can give me your honest input. I can not recall the name of the host, however a Peg XXX (very dear friend) has become the new consultant to the town. Her debut is on March 26 (?) I believe, and I am wondering if with her being so familiar to the area, should I have her do the show? Although this is a fundraiser, and yet I absolutely loved how you presented. You engaged the audience and I have been to many demos. You did a fabulous job. What do you suggest? I want you to get the credit where credit is due.
I am thinking of the show being a mid April evening or even better first week of may because tax checks have started coming in. Thank you- I appreciate any suggestions."

How would you respond? I hate to sound selfish, but I need the bookings and the sales! Help!

I would respond very positively....."great to hear you have a new consultant in your area".... "of course you're welcome to use whomever you choose"..."I am so glad you enjoyed my show, I work hard to make them fun".....but gently point out (without being critical) that she is not as experienced at doing shows in general and may not get her the same amount of money for her cause. "Have you been to one of her shows yet?" "Is she familiar with the fundraiser process" Let her know that you will be committed to getting her the most.
If it is a dear friend of hers, then it would be kinda rude for her to do PC w/ someone else. She didn't say specifically that she was a PC consultant, is she? Don't burn bridges. This other gal may be a consultant for 3 months and quit.
We all have bookings that cancel. I know I really struggle with my distant bookings canceling on me, especially if I don't make contact for a month and a half....

Here's an idea:
"So good to here from you! It's nice to hear others are joining PC and working to get the more they're looking for, just like I have been. I have been looking forward to your fundraiser and thinking of ideas to help your organization get the most it can from it. I have done several fundraisers in the past, all with great success. And, as you said (which I greatly appreciate), I do my best to be engaging, entertaining, and informative at my shows. Since you definitely want to get the most from the fundraiser, I would suggest letting me do it for you, experience is very helpful, and if your new consultant friend would like, I would be happy to have her come and observe so she can get a hands-on fundraiser experience. And, to benefit her, since you are a bit away and your friend is close by, she could have the bookings from the show if that works better for the guest."

Just an idea. I personally would do my darnedest to get the show.

With grace and tact, try to keep the show. I think a phone call is best rather than an e-mail. You can then find out exactly how all these people know each other. Also, let the host know that there are no territories with PC. If you want the bookings from the fundraiser, I wouldn't offer them to the new consultant. Why put a negotiable item on the table right away? The host isn't thinking about anyone booking. She's just thinking about her fundraiser.

And if you don't manage to keep it, know that good karma goes around.

Becca_in_MD said:
Also, let the host know that there are no territories with PC. QUOTE]

That's a good point. From her remarks it does sound like she may be thinking that. Maybe her concern is who's supposed to do it rather than who would be the best choice.

pchockeymom said:
Here's an idea:
"So good to here from you! It's nice to hear others are joining PC and working to get the more they're looking for, just like I have been. I have been looking forward to your fundraiser and thinking of ideas to help your organization get the most it can from it. I have done several fundraisers in the past, all with great success. And, as you said (which I greatly appreciate), I do my best to be engaging, entertaining, and informative at my shows. Since you definitely want to get the most from the fundraiser, I would suggest letting me do it for you, experience is very helpful, and if your new consultant friend would like, I would be happy to have her come and observe so she can get a hands-on fundraiser experience. And, to benefit her, since you are a bit away and your friend is close by, she could have the bookings from the show if that works better for the guest."

Just an idea. I personally would do my darnedest to get the show.

I love the words you chose!!!!

Thanks for your replies.
I emailed her back - telling her my first priority is a happy customer. That being said, I told her I thought I would be more qualified to do her fundraiser, and invited the new consultant to come along. I also suggested she host her own show with the new consultant.

She emailed today - she has decided to let me do the fundraiser, and the new consultant will be there to help and observe.

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a popular game and activity from Pampered Chef that helps you plan and prepare meals without the stress of figuring out what to cook.

2. How does "What Would You Do?" work?

First, you choose a meal type (e.g. breakfast, lunch, dinner) and a protein (e.g. chicken, beef, tofu). Then, the game will generate a list of ingredients and instructions for a delicious and easy-to-prepare meal using the selected protein.

3. Can I customize the ingredients in "What Would You Do?"

Yes, you can easily swap out ingredients in the game to fit your dietary restrictions or preferences. You can also add additional ingredients or make substitutions to make the meal even more personalized.

4. Is "What Would You Do?" available for all types of diets?

Yes, "What Would You Do?" offers a variety of meal options for different dietary needs, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free. You can also customize the ingredients to fit your specific diet.

5. Can I use "What Would You Do?" for meal planning?

Absolutely! "What Would You Do?" is a great tool for meal planning as it provides you with a complete list of ingredients and instructions for easy and stress-free meal preparation. You can also save your favorite recipes for future meal planning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcheatham08
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
amgreen66
  • sassypip
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • sarahsellcm