• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Booking Dilemmas at Shows: Expert Tips

C
ChefJoeCool
a guest at a show wants to book. You call (maybe even a couple of times...) and she says, "I'll call you". Do you not ever call her back? Leave the proverbial "ball" in her court? I just am so confused by their actions. :confused:

Usually I will call back if they do not call back a week or so later just to touch base with them but if she keeps brushing you off then I just let it go, as I don't wat to be a Pest.

When someone says "I'll call you back", I say " great. If I haven't heard from you by __________ (fill in the time), I'll try you again. I know how busy we all get."

I never leave it in their court. When they try that line with me, I say "It's my job to stay in touch with people. Would you mind if I called you back in 2 weeks (or whatever time frame)." Usually everyone says it's fine and then I make a point of calling back like I promised.

Dang! You guys are GOOD!!! Thank you so much for the words...I am off to the printer with those ideas!:D

I vary my response based on their tone. There are some people who do get caught up in the excitement at the show or think that they will help their friend if they mark maybe or yes on hosting a show. If I get the cool tone then I'll write them off. I don't want to waste energy on someone who isn't excited.

One thing I do is I tell my hosts who is planning on booking parties from their shows. I then update them after three months with any bookings that didn't come through by calling and saying "Mary, I just wanted to keep you updated on your bookings from your party. As you know, Nancy already had her show and Karen is having one next month...don't forget you'll get that great ____ at 60% off at her show! I've had some trouble connecting with Jane. The specials for the next couple of months are ________ and _________. Which month sounds better to you? Great! I'll try to reach Jane and see if something that month might work out for her. In the meantime, if you see her soon maybe you could check in with her as well."

This way I have the past hostess' desires in mind and can mention that when I call Jane and hopefully she has mentioned it as well. I usually wait a few days before calling Jane because I want to give the past hostess time to talk to her.

Yes, I would like to get the booking to fill my calendar but I really feel I'm not doing the best job I can for my past hostess if I don't get those filled and get her all of the discounts she could get.

Excellent advice. I have been running into the same problem and I will definitely use your wording the next time.

Thanks!

Related to Navigating Booking Dilemmas at Shows: Expert Tips

1. Why do guests at a show say they will call back to book, but never follow through?

There could be a variety of reasons for this. They may have simply changed their mind or found another option that they preferred. They may also be busy and forget to follow up, or they may be waiting for a better deal or discount. It's important to remember that their decision to book may not solely rely on your call back, so don't take it personally.

2. Should I call the guest back even if they said they will call me?

It's generally a good idea to follow up with a potential guest, especially if they expressed interest in booking. However, be mindful of how many times you call and give them space to make their decision. If they have not responded after a few attempts, it may be best to move on and focus on other potential guests.

3. How long should I wait before following up with the guest?

This can vary depending on the urgency of the booking and your personal preferences. Generally, it's courteous to wait a few days before following up. If it's a busy season or event, you may want to follow up sooner to ensure the guest doesn't book with someone else.

4. Should I leave the ball in the guest's court and wait for them to call me?

It's always good to be proactive in securing bookings, so it's recommended to follow up with the guest rather than waiting for them to call you. However, if you have already made multiple attempts to contact them and they have not responded, it may be best to leave the ball in their court and focus on other potential guests.

5. How can I avoid confusion and frustration when navigating booking dilemmas at shows?

One way to avoid confusion and frustration is to have clear communication with potential guests. Make sure to clarify any details such as dates, prices, and availability. It's also helpful to have a system in place for following up with potential guests and keeping track of their responses. If you are still unsure about their intentions, don't be afraid to ask for clarification or move on to other potential guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampermejolene
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • marystell1
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefBeckyD