• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Make With Mimosa's and Chocolate?

In summary, the conversation is about a hostess wanting to have mimosa's and a chocolate fountain at her 11 am show. The consultant suggests making a Cinnamon Cream Cheese bake and BLT's as a salty and sweet option. The consultant also suggests bringing angel food cake or pound cake in a bar pan and using various tools to cut and garnish the sweet items that will go with the fountain. Other suggestions for food include ham and cheese brunch squares, mini quiche lorraine tartlets, and a more substantial option for those who may not want something sweet early in the morning. The timing of the show and the potential for guests to have already eaten breakfast are also discussed.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
My hostess wants to have mimosa's at her 11 am show and she also has a chocolate fountain she wants to display. What should I make to go with that??

I had an 11:00 show and made a Cinamon Cream Cheese bake in the rectangle baker and then we had BLT's.... (salty bacon, sweet with the bake) I cooked the bacon before in my bar pan and they were all amazed how crispy the bacon was and that is was baked. I had a $1251.00 show! LOL My hostess had mimossa's for the drink!!

Breakfast Cinnamon Casserole

2 packs of crescent rolls

8 oz cream cheese

¾ cup powdered sugar

½ cup brown sugar

Cinnamon to taste

½ stick of butter

In a casserole dish layer 1 pack of crescent rolls. Mix cream cheese and powdered
sugar together and spread over crescent rolls. Layer 2 nd pack of crescent rolls
over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle cinnamon over top to taste, sprinkle brown
sugar over that evenly. Slice butter and place over the top (pats of butter all over the top). Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 min . You want it to be brown. Serve warm.

when I use mine there really isn't anything i can "make" to go with it.. i do cube an angel food cake so I guess that in the bar pan and cut it woth the forged bread knife or kitchen shears
I also serve strawberries, graham cracker sticks, marshmallows, kiwi (cut with egg slicer)
bananas (crinkle cutter), pretzel sticks you could put her food choices in simple additions

ok, so I'm not completely fueled on caffeine yet, I thought she meant something to go with the fountain..... DUH Sorry!

The ham and cheese brunch squares are delicious, although better with bacon or sausage than the ham. And it's a good brunch recipe, too, so it'll "match" the mimosas and dessert.

I'm thinking mini quiche lorraine tartlets, cute, elegant and very yummy!

I like the idea of bringing angel food cake or pound cake in the bar pan, and a few tools for cutting/garnishing the sweet stuff that will go with the fountain. Strawberries and kiwis sound wonderful - you can show off the core and more (if she has a melon you could make melon balls too) as well as the egg slicer, and I agree, use as much SA as you can :).

chefann said:
The ham and cheese brunch squares are delicious, although better with bacon or sausage than the ham. And it's a good brunch recipe, too, so it'll "match" the mimosas and dessert.

I agree. I think w/ the liquor and chocolate in the morning - you are going to want to serve a more substantial real food.

Mimosa's and a chocolate fountain would make me sick for the rest of the day!:yuck: If you have anyone there who is sensitive to sugar - hypoglycemic, or diabetic - they would not be able to eat this at all.

Is she is actually calling it a brunch? If it's at 11am, there's a good chance people will have had some breakfast by then... Especially given that at a show the food is not served right away... I'd be starving by 11.30am wih no breakfast :). (For a brunch show I usually tell my hosts 10am, figuring we can be eating by about 10.30am).

Anyway, I still think doing somethiing NOT sweet is a good idea, but it might not have to be as substantial as the brunch squares, depending on what the host is calling it...

1. What is a good recipe to pair with mimosas and chocolate?

One delicious option is a chocolate croissant bread pudding. The rich, buttery croissants complement the sweet and tangy flavors of the mimosa, while the chocolate adds a decadent touch.

2. Can I use boxed brownie mix for a quick and easy chocolate treat?

Absolutely! Boxed brownie mix can be a lifesaver when you're short on time. Try adding chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter for an extra twist.

3. Are there any savory options that pair well with mimosas and chocolate?

Yes, a charcuterie board with a variety of cured meats, cheeses, and fruits makes for a delicious and visually appealing pairing with mimosas and chocolate. The salty and savory flavors balance out the sweetness of the drink and chocolate.

4. Is there a healthier option for those watching their sugar intake?

You can try making a fruit and yogurt parfait with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate on top. This provides a balance of sweetness and tartness, and the dark chocolate is a healthier alternative to milk chocolate.

5. Can I incorporate mimosas and chocolate into a main dish?

Yes, you can make a delicious chicken dish by marinating chicken breasts in a mixture of orange juice, champagne, and spices. Serve with a side of chocolate mole sauce for a unique and flavorful meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
krisPC
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
DebPC