• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Make for Christmas Morning?

In summary, my family loves the Pillsbury Cinn. Rolls. They are quick and easy to make and they are delicious. My mom buys the frozen cinnamon rolls, they come in a bag, she puts them on sheet pans and in the fridge the night before, they raise in there over night, then in the morning she just pops them in the oven. We will probably make the Caramel or Cinnamon Rolls from the Sweet Cinnamon or Caramel Sprinkle bottle.
ellietheresa
What are you making for Christmas morning? I need some ideas. I work until 2am that morning and my kids are generally up by 7am so I need something I could make ahead of time and pop in the oven for Christmas morning.

Ideas?...and Merry Christmas!

My mom buys the frozen cinnamon rolls, they come in a bag, she puts them on sheet pans and in the fridge the night before, they raise in there over night, then in the morning she just pops them in the oven! We go over there every year for breakfast, its easy and yummy!

My family loves the Pillsburry Cinn. Rolls. 2 packs of 8 on the large bar pan. Sooooo good!

Merry Christmas!

Ham and cheese brunch squares for us. It was a hit at Thanksgiving so we'll try it again for Christmas morning.

pcjenn said:
Ham and cheese brunch squares for us. It was a hit at Thanksgiving so we'll try it again for Christmas morning.

Those are too yummy and even better reheated in the microwave!

We will probably do the Caramel or Cinnamon Rolls from the Sweet Cinnamon or Caramel Sprinkle bottle. They are super fast and easy to do, especially since Pillsbury Crescent Rolls now have "sheets" called Recipe Creations where you don't have to "pinch" them together! You roll out the Crescent Rolls sheet, put on melted butter with our Silicone Basting Brush, sprinkle on the Sprinkles, roll it up and slice into however many slices you want (depending on size), put on the large round stone with handles or the Large Bar pan, bake 10 minutes and you got it! You can ice if you want but we usually don't!

The egg dish in the Pampered Chef Favorites Book is made to be assembled the night before and popped in the oven in the morning.I'll probably just make French Toast or pancakes that morning myself.

Pancakes from scratch (super easy and the only way my family will eat them), bacon/sausage,fresh fruit, and coffee (for me to wake up)!!

breakfast??? ya'll eat on Christmas morning???i guess since we aren't breakfast eaters we'll skip it :)

Refrigerator cinnamon rolls and lots and lots of fresh fruit... pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, ect.

Our tradition is the Rhodes (at least that's the brand here) frozen cinnamon rolls. I put them in the pan before I finally go to bed on Christmas Eve (we have both sides of the family over here every Christmas Eve). Then while DS goes through his stocking and Santa loot I pop them in the oven for 20 minutes. Makes for a peaceful RELAXING morning for Mom! I about fell out of my chair at Sunday School last week when we were talking about traditions etc. and my DH who is very quiet and hardly ever speaks up in groups said that the coffee and cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning was one of his favorite traditions!! We go over to MIL's late morning to do the whole Santa thing again (he comes to Grandma's house too!) and then eat WAYYYYYYY too much lunch!

My son likes what he calls Christmas eggs.
It started a few years back when we had creamed spinach on Christmas eve and the next morning I put some of it in his eggs for fun. (he adores spinach)

I have some Roma tomatoes on the vine outside which should be ripe in a couple days so I'll slice one up to make some red too.

As for hubby, he's happy with his Multi-grain cheerios, but maybe we can change things up a bit.

pcchefjane said:
Those are too yummy and even better reheated in the microwave!

We will probably do the Caramel or Cinnamon Rolls from the Sweet Cinnamon or Caramel Sprinkle bottle. They are super fast and easy to do, especially since Pillsbury Crescent Rolls now have "sheets" called Recipe Creations where you don't have to "pinch" them together! You roll out the Crescent Rolls sheet, put on melted butter with our Silicone Basting Brush, sprinkle on the Sprinkles, roll it up and slice into however many slices you want (depending on size), put on the large round stone with handles or the Large Bar pan, bake 10 minutes and you got it! You can ice if you want but we usually don't!

I've made these....very yummy!! I tried it with the hazelnut too!

Try the Baked French Toast from allrecipes.com. You can make it the night before, so all you have to do is pop it in the oven Christmas morning. It is absolutely delicious!

Cranberry Twists have become a tradition in our home. They're quick and easy. I'll serve them with bacon (cooked in the oven on a bar pan, of course) and coffee. Here's the recipe:Cranberry Twists
3/4 c coarsely chopped cranberries (you can use craisins--just reduce the sugar a bit)
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c raisins, chopped
1 1/2 T honey
3/4 t grated orange zest
1/4 c orange juice
1 can crescent rollsGlaze
1 1/2 T butter, melted
3/8 c (6T) powdered sugar
1 1/2 t orange juiceIn a small saucepan, combine all of the Cranberry Twist ingredients except the crescent rolls. Cook over medium heat until berries are soft. Refrigerate until cool. Preheat oven to 350F. Unroll crescent rolls. Pinch together seams to form one large pastry. Roll out to approximately 15 x 12 inches (about the size of the rectangular stone). Starting from a short side, spread cooled cranberry mixture over 2/3 of the pastry. Pick up the 1/3 with no filling on it and fold it halfway over the sauced dough. Fold that over the last 1/3. Lightly pinch together edges. Cut crosswise into 8 strips. Twist each strip twice. Place on baking stone. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to a cooling rack.Mix glaze ingredients together. Drizzle over warm twists. Good warm or cooled. I make the filling the night before to make Christmas morning easier. I'm looking forward to using Pillsbury Recipe Creations this year--no more pinching together perforations. :)

My daughters will be home for Christmas, and my oldest asked if she could make breakfast (uh YEAH!!!) She is making french toast, and Paula Deen's Orange nut coffee cake. The recipe is yummy. It is similar to monkey bread, except you put cream cheese inside of the biscuits, and then line them up in the stoneware fluted pan (after rolling them in melted butter, orange zest & sugar, after baking and turning them out. pour the glaze of orange juice and powedered sugar over them. This recipe is a family favorite !! I will also be making wassail again. Ellie, you can make this ahead of time, and pop it in the oven in themorning.

KaryCam said:
My son likes what he calls Christmas eggs.
It started a few years back when we had creamed spinach on Christmas eve and the next morning I put some of it in his eggs for fun. (he adores spinach)

I have some Roma tomatoes on the vine outside which should be ripe in a couple days so I'll slice one up to make some red too.

As for hubby, he's happy with his Multi-grain cheerios, but maybe we can change things up a bit.

My son loves spinach too! He loves spinach and cheese omelets, creamed spinach, spinach pizza....

We have Ida's (local bakery) Cinnamon Rolls on Christmas morning while we are opening gifts, and then Breakfast Casserole for brunch after gifts are opened and the rolls have worn off.:D

Now, if I could just decide what we will be doing for dinner!

I'm having a hard time deciding what to make. I do breakfast for dinner once a week, so the kids are used to bacon and waffles, french toast, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, etc. I want Christmas morning to be a little different, though, so I'm stumped. I'm not big of baking with fruit/fruit flavors, though, so I lean more towards things with veggies/cheese/cream stuff, etc. My husband hates when I fuss. He wants me to relax and spend the time with him and the kids, so he would rather I just do quick pancakes and bacon. I'm sifting through recipes though to see if there is something I can do the day before (day, not night...since I'll be up late wrapping! :eek: )

Monkey bread, fresh fruit....

I am making Cranberry Strusel Muffins, coffecake & something with the sprinkles. It will probably be just the quick & easy rolls with sprinkles on top. We go to my moms for Christmas night and have omlets and breakfast food for dinner with our jammies on to have Christmas there, so whatever I make that is left from the morning then I will take with me there.

I make chocolate gravy and white gravy, biscuits, pepper bacon. I usually don't fix breakfast until we have been up for almost two hours. Everything is opened and the kids are playing.

Our family does a HUGE breakfast... omletes with every toping you can imagine! Fruit salad, bacon, sausage, toast, cinnamon rolls, and we just added eggs benedict to our menu! YUM!

I was just making my list for the grocery store for this very thing!:)

We have chipped beef & gravy over Grands biscuits and of course cinnamon rolls. I actually make the gravy on Christmas eve so that all I have to do is put it in the skillet first thing in the morning to reheat. We graze on this until dinner.....

I didn't think about it. But now that you've all mentioned it . . .

Homemade biscuits w/ deer sausage gravy
All the way hashbrowns (I'm thinking about using the new Rotary Grater to 'shave' the potatoes, whatch'a think?)
Easy eggs for me and medium eggs for hubby!

My mom used to make 'flour bread' when we were growing up. We would have rice with our 'runny' eggs and mix it all together. Then use the 'flour' bread to 'sop' up the yoke! Man, oh man, I want that for lunch, now!

A tradition from my family is Fried Dough on Christmas morning! My mom makes the dough from scratch but I just take bread dough and let it rise overnight. Then I take pieces about the size of a jelly stick donut and drop them in some hot oil!! Then we either shake them in a bag of sugar or put melted butter with honey or powdered sugar!! YUM!!! And COFFEE of course!!!

I usually make eggs benny but this year...

Biscuits w/ clotted cream and stawberry jam.

raebates said:
Cranberry Twists have become a tradition in our home. They're quick and easy. I'll serve them with bacon (cooked in the oven on a bar pan, of course) and coffee. Here's the recipe:

Cranberry Twists
3/4 c coarsely chopped cranberries (you can use craisins--just reduce the sugar a bit)
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c raisins, chopped
1 1/2 T honey
3/4 t grated orange zest
1/4 c orange juice
1 can crescent rolls

Glaze
1 1/2 T butter, melted
3/8 c (6T) powdered sugar
1 1/2 t orange juice

In a small saucepan, combine all of the Cranberry Twist ingredients except the crescent rolls. Cook over medium heat until berries are soft. Refrigerate until cool.

Preheat oven to 350F. Unroll crescent rolls. Pinch together seams to form one large pastry. Roll out to approximately 15 x 12 inches (about the size of the rectangular stone). Starting from a short side, spread cooled cranberry mixture over 2/3 of the pastry. Pick up the 1/3 with no filling on it and fold it halfway over the sauced dough. Fold that over the last 1/3. Lightly pinch together edges. Cut crosswise into 8 strips. Twist each strip twice. Place on baking stone. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to a cooling rack.

Mix glaze ingredients together. Drizzle over warm twists. Good warm or cooled.

I make the filling the night before to make Christmas morning easier. I'm looking forward to using Pillsbury Recipe Creations this year--no more pinching together perforations. :)

this sounds really good Rae!

mrssyvo said:
My daughters will be home for Christmas, and my oldest asked if she could make breakfast (uh YEAH!!!) She is making french toast, and Paula Deen's Orange nut coffee cake. The recipe is yummy. It is similar to monkey bread, except you put cream cheese inside of the biscuits, and then line them up in the stoneware fluted pan (after rolling them in melted butter, orange zest & sugar, after baking and turning them out. pour the glaze of orange juice and powedered sugar over them. This recipe is a family favorite !! I will also be making wassail again. Ellie, you can make this ahead of time, and pop it in the oven in themorning.

Oh my! This sounds AWESOME!! As do Rae's cranberry twists. Yum, I want to try them both.

For something easy and that can be prepared the night before, I second the oven french toast. It is so nice to be able to pop it into the oven in the morning and be done, and no need to fuss with syrup or extras in the morning (although a shake of PC sprinkles is always welcome!). Here is my recipe:

1 Loaf French Bread or thick sliced Italian (my preferred choice)
1/2 cup butter (I try to use less...)
2/3 cup brown sugar
Cinnamon to taste
3 eggs
1 cup milk

Melt butter in jelly roll pan (or large bar pan!). Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon (I sometimes also add chopped pecans).

Beat eggs and add milk (I also like to add a little nutmeg). Dip bread and place in pan (or place bread in pan to cover and then pour egg mixture over).

Refrigerate overnight and then bake at 350F for 25-30mins. Can also be baked immediately.

Try not to over bake or the caramelised sugar will get too chewy.

Rae, if you don't use craisins, do you use dried or fresh cranberrys? I have a huge bag of fresh in the freezer...

For the past 3 years, we've done something similar to the ham n cheese brunch squares. but this year I think we'll do the citrus muffins with fruit for breakfast. I made 20 dozens muffins on saturday! yeah, we'll have plenty...

I love the baked french toast idea!! may be trying that soon!

Man, these all sound wonderful! I think I'm going to do Paula Deen's monkey bread, fruit and lots of coffee for me! LOL

Baked French Toast sounds quite good too!

Thanks guys!!

Wow!!! You all have some hefty morning breakfasts going on! I hadn't even thought about breakfast until now! Now I want to make everything!! Since my inlaws are here, we'll probably just do something really easy. Maybe I'll go pick up some crescent rolls and some fruit.

chefkristin said:
A tradition from my family is Fried Dough on Christmas morning! My mom makes the dough from scratch but I just take bread dough and let it rise overnight. Then I take pieces about the size of a jelly stick donut and drop them in some hot oil!! Then we either shake them in a bag of sugar or put melted butter with honey or powdered sugar!! YUM!!! And COFFEE of course!!!

This sounds sinful but oh so delish! Do you just use store bought bread dough or do you make your own? Homemade bread dough intimidates me so I'm hoping you say store bought :D

straitfan said:
Our tradition is the Rhodes (at least that's the brand here) frozen cinnamon rolls. I put them in the pan before I finally go to bed on Christmas Eve (we have both sides of the family over here every Christmas Eve). Then while DS goes through his stocking and Santa loot I pop them in the oven for 20 minutes. Makes for a peaceful RELAXING morning for Mom! I about fell out of my chair at Sunday School last week when we were talking about traditions etc. and my DH who is very quiet and hardly ever speaks up in groups said that the coffee and cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning was one of his favorite traditions!!

We go over to MIL's late morning to do the whole Santa thing again (he comes to Grandma's house too!) and then eat WAYYYYYYY too much lunch!

Rhodes is the brand my mom uses. I just made 2 bags of the regular dinner rolls from them. the house smells of freshly baked bread! I love them!

I do something different every year, kind of a surprise. This year I am doing the Green Chile Frittata, have everything done up the night before except the eggs, toss it all together in the pan, pop it in the oven, wake the kids (my kids are 20 and 23, we have to roll them out of bed, LOL), and open presents while it is baking. Yummy.

AnnieBee said:
Rae, if you don't use craisins, do you use dried or fresh cranberrys? I have a huge bag of fresh in the freezer...

The recipe actually calls for fresh cranberries. (Thawed work fine.)

pamperedlinda said:
this sounds really good Rae!

Thanks. It's an adaptation of a recipe I found in Hallmark Magazine. The original recipe used homemade pastry. I'm waaaaay too lazy for that. LOL!

kcjodih said:
This sounds sinful but oh so delish! Do you just use store bought bread dough or do you make your own? Homemade bread dough intimidates me so I'm hoping you say store bought :D

When I lived in Utah for college, I was introduced to scones. I think some people call it Navajo bread (?) My roommates would just use Rhodes bread dough cut in pieces, or rolls, and deep fry it. Serve it with honey butter or cinnamon butter. Really good. Of course I'm not an expert on it or anything, but I thought it was really good.

Nanisu said:
I do something different every year, kind of a surprise. This year I am doing the Green Chile Frittata, have everything done up the night before except the eggs, toss it all together in the pan, pop it in the oven, wake the kids (my kids are 20 and 23, we have to roll them out of bed, LOL), and open presents while it is baking. Yummy.

mmmmm! I love the green chili frittata - a very good choice. DH will be gone for Christmas so it's just me and DS - he doesn't appreciate good breakfast food, so not sure what I'm having tomorrow morning. DH is making a big breakfast right now so I guess that will have to suffice for my Christmas breakfast :)

We do frozen cinnamon rolls, too..

candiejayne said:
My mom buys the frozen cinnamon rolls, they come in a bag, she puts them on sheet pans and in the fridge the night before, they raise in there over night, then in the morning she just pops them in the oven! We go over there every year for breakfast, its easy and yummy!

Usually it's PC cinnamon rolls made with the pizza dough. Yum. My order is with a show that I won't get before Christmas, so I bought Roades frozen dough. They will do. My kids love cinnamon rolls on Christmas.

Related to What to Make for Christmas Morning?

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "What to Make for Christmas Morning?

1. Can you suggest any make-ahead breakfast ideas for Christmas morning?

2. What are some easy and quick breakfast recipes for a busy Christmas morning?

3. Do you have any recommendations for breakfast dishes that can be cooked in the oven?

4. Are there any festive breakfast options for Christmas morning that kids will love?

5. Can you share some ideas for a Christmas morning breakfast that is suitable for a large group?

What are you making for Christmas morning?

I am making a breakfast casserole with eggs, sausage, and cheese that I can prepare the night before and bake in the morning. I am also planning on making some cinnamon rolls from scratch using a Pampered Chef recipe.

I need some ideas.

Some other ideas for Christmas morning breakfast include French toast casserole, breakfast burritos, quiche, and fruit salad. You could also try making homemade pancakes or waffles and setting up a toppings bar with different syrups, fruits, and whipped cream for a fun and customizable meal.

I work until 2am that morning and my kids are generally up by 7am so I need something I could make ahead of time and pop in the oven for Christmas morning.

A make-ahead breakfast casserole, like the one I am making, is a great option for your situation. You could also prepare muffins or scones the night before and just reheat them in the oven in the morning. Overnight oats or chia pudding are also great make-ahead options that can be enjoyed cold or warmed up in the microwave.

Ideas?

Some other ideas for make-ahead breakfast dishes for Christmas morning include breakfast quinoa, frittatas, and breakfast sandwiches. You could also make a breakfast strata using bread, eggs, and your choice of fillings, such as ham, cheese, and vegetables.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you too! I hope these ideas help make your Christmas morning breakfast delicious and stress-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies