• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Time Does Confrence Begin?

Yes, the night general session will be on the first day, but all general sessions are scheduled so that everyone is in them at the same times.
heat123
Silver Member
I'm in Wave 1 and am trying to find the cheapest flights as possible to be able to justify going, (convincing DH). Flying in Monday is $125+ cheaper than coming in on sunday!!:eek: Officially what time does it start and what would I be missing if I came in around noon on monday?:confused:
Also what time does it officially end on day 3?

TIA!

Many of us used to be able to give you an answer on that, but they have changed around the entire schedule for conferenc, so we won't know until the send out the info. Last year, someone please correct me if I am wrong, it started around noon the first day, but there were HO tours starting at 645am. And, the last day, there was a director's event in the evening. Its tough to say for this year. Of course, while you don't want to miss anything, you have to do what you can afford.

Anne is right - but I also think that I read somewhere that the first general session is starting later this year - because the Director's event was changed to that first morning, and it starts at 9am, and includes a special lunch for Directors.....but I couldn't give you exact details until the schedule is posted!

Yes, I forgot about the director's thing! I do have to say, I came in the day before last year and I was still beat. I would love to save some bucks and come in the same day. Although, this year I should get a little more sleep because I'll be rooming with DH and not three other women who stayed up all night! LOL

I do not remember where I read this, but I read the General Session on Monday is from 3:00 to 6:00.

Lisa

Hmm, maybe I can come in on that monday early afternoon!? I also checked for a 12midnight flight sunday so I would be arriving in CH at about 5am monday and it's slightly cheaper too.

Thanks for your info ladies!

I would NOT recommend starting conference by flying in on a red eye flight You will be WHIPPED the ENTIRE TIME you are here.

Yeah, I thought about that too Debbie ~thanks for your suggestion!

There will probably be a workshop before the general session, too. That will probably be at 1 or 1:30.

Is general session where I have seen videos of All consultants in 1 auditorium- like a welcome-intro??

Yep.
There will be general sessions all 3 days. That's where TPC achievers and new Directors walk the stage, and they make announcements like new products, incentives, etc. They're loud and fun!

So will we go to 1 general session each day or pick 1 day for the whole confrence? Sorry so many ???

General sessions are everybody at each of them. You'll pick workshops, but those are scheduled so that everyone is in them at the same times. It's sort of like college like that. Workshops are classes, and general sessions are convocations/assemblies. :)

Thanks for the info Ann! :)

No problem. I know that it's exciting and confusing until you actually go and see what happens.

So, we won't have anything start until Monday morning, correct? I just booked my flight, and we will be getting in at 10am on Sunday with a bunch of ladies in my cluster....I am a HUGE saltwater aquarium lover.....and just realized the Shedd Aquarium is in Chicago, I feel like I HAVE to go!!!

I wish the ticket prices would go down... I am sorry almost $500.00 out of Portland Oregon is not my cup of tea......

Wow, and I had a hard time spending $275 for tickets...

Delta has $1,300 for a round trip ticket to Chicago... are their seats made out of gold?:eek:

Oh my I guess I should get mine at $258!!!! Still haven't told DH I AM going so maybe that's why I am holding off! Or wishfully thinkin they will come down in price!

ChefLisa said:
I do not remember where I read this, but I read the General Session on Monday is from 3:00 to 6:00.

Lisa
Can anyone confirm this yet? I can totally fly in at 12:30 on monday if this is true!

heat123 said:
Can anyone confirm this yet? I can totally fly in at 12:30 on monday if this is true!
General Session will be 3-6, but there will probably be a workshop before it (that's a guess on my part, but based on the number of workshops from the past, it will probably hold true). If there is a workshop, it will probably start at 1 or 1:30.

So am I correct in assuming that we won't be having the night general session on the first day this year? I'm guessing that since it goes until 6, that we'll be done for the day after that to get dinner? Or maybe the executive dinner will be that night? Or do you think they'll still keep that the second night?

Who knows!

We should get info in about a month, so we'll know then.

Of course, Execs and above frequently get info ahead of time, so if you're on good terms with one, you could probably weasel some info out of them. :)

chefann said:
General Session will be 3-6, but there will probably be a workshop before it (that's a guess on my part, but based on the number of workshops from the past, it will probably hold true). If there is a workshop, it will probably start at 1 or 1:30.
When do we sign up for workshops, with registrtation? I guess I may have to miss the 1pm workshop if I come in at 12:30 or maybe come into class late?
:(

You'll pick workshops when you register. There will be a list/schedule and you can pick which you want. If you register online, you can even pick the times. Some workshops are only for FD's, some for Directors and above, some for upper level directors. And if you're in Wave 2 (I think), some will be in Spanish for the Hispanic consultants.

If you haven't gone to conference before, I recommend a "balanced" workshop schedule: 1 about getting bookings, 1 about recruiting, 1 about host coaching, etc. Unless you think you need extra help in one area. :)

Thanks for all of these confrences 101 notes-suggestions Ann! I totally appreciate it! I hope Belinda is there to do one, I'd love to learn something from her!

heat123 said:
Thanks for all of these confrences 101 notes-suggestions Ann! I totally appreciate it! I hope Belinda is there to do one, I'd love to learn something from her!

Unfortunately, In the time I've been w/ PC, they have never had the same Guest Speaker 2 times in a row.....and Belinda was there last year.:( With all of the buzz I've been hearing about Julie Weis, I've been wondering if she will be the Guest Speaker this year?

She was great at our regional training!

raebates said:
She was great at our regional training!

She was here in MI (I'm assuming you're talking about Julie Weis?) the end of Jan - but I had a show that night, so couldn't go - but my director keeps raving about her - and our cluster meeting is tomorrow night and I think she is doing some of her training with us!

Yep, I was talking about Julie Weis. She had the flu and she was still fabulous!

Julie would be great to see again, but she did quite a few of our regional meetings it sounds like, so I don't know if she'll be the speaker. Or maybe that's WHY she was the speaker at so many regionals!

chefann said:
And if you're in Wave 2 (I think), some will be in Spanish for the Hispanic consultants.

The Hispanic consultants are in Wave 3 this year.

DebbieJ said:
The Hispanic consultants are in Wave 3 this year.
Thanks. I couldn't remember which wave specifically.

I only know b/c a cluster-mate is part of the Hispanic market. We were talking at our meeting Monday about promoting, which we both want to do in time to walk at conference. I asked her when her wave was so we could walk together and we're both wave 3. WOoooHOOOooooo!

ChefBeckyD said:
Unfortunately, In the time I've been w/ PC, they have never had the same Guest Speaker 2 times in a row.....and Belinda was there last year.:( With all of the buzz I've been hearing about Julie Weis, I've been wondering if she will be the Guest Speaker this year?
I could probably listen to Belinda every day. LOL

So who does the regular workshops? High performing consultants or directors or who?

heat123 said:
So who does the regular workshops? High performing consultants or directors or who?
Yes.....all the workshops I have attended have been done by directors and above who have been star performers in whatever topic the workshop is about....some have been excellent, and some not so great....but the majority I have learned alot from.And Anne - I could listen to Belinda everyday too...but wait, I do listen to Belinda everyday! (Just about! She's always in the CD player in my car!;) )

1. What time does conference officially begin?

Conference officially begins at 8:00am on Monday for Wave 1 attendees.

2. What would I be missing if I arrived around noon on Monday?

If you arrive around noon on Monday, you may miss the opening general session and any workshops or breakout sessions that are scheduled for the morning. It is recommended to plan your arrival time accordingly to make the most out of your conference experience.

3. When does conference officially end on day 3?

Conference officially ends at 5:00pm on day 3. However, there may be optional activities or workshops scheduled for the evening, so it is best to check the conference schedule for specific end times.

4. What is the cheapest day to fly in for conference?

The cheapest day to fly in for conference will vary depending on your departure location and airline. It is recommended to compare prices for multiple days and times to find the best deal. Keep in mind that arriving earlier may allow you to attend more conference events.

5. How can I convince my spouse to let me attend conference?

Start by explaining the benefits of attending conference, such as networking opportunities, new product launches, and training sessions. You can also mention the potential for increased sales and income. Consider offering to cover some of the expenses or finding ways to save money, such as opting for a cheaper flight or sharing a hotel room with other attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
flemings99
  • chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • momoftwins
  • General Chat
Replies