• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Special Celebration Ideas for a Newly Promoted Director?

In summary, Kristi's director gave her a very meaningful and special gift at her cluster meeting. She got a letter from her husband comparing what she was like before and after PC, a red apron, and a gift certificate to a restaurant. Kristi is planning to give her new directors flowers and a gift certificate to a spa treatment or a restaurant.
KRISTI'SCOOKING
Not sure if I am in the right forum...

My "recruiter" and friend is promoting to DIRECTOR! I (& the rest of her team) would like to do something special.

We want to do a little something at our cluster meeting in June and then maybe something more special at Conference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Kristi

I don't know if she's married or whatever but my director did something cool for the cluster meeting that occurred right after I promoted. Ahead of time, she got in touch with my husband (it was when I was Leadership that year so I had no clue) and asked him to write a letter that would be read to the entire cluster. In the letter, she asked him to compare what I was like BEFORE PC and what I'm like NOW. So, he wrote a very awesome letter that I LOVE to read because it definitely shows what a difference PC has made in my life.:D I even include this letter in the booking binder that I pass around at my shows!! He really loves that I share this letter with everyone at every show, but I think it definitely details how amazing this opportunity can be for someone (especially me due to the extremely shy person I was before doing this).

So, that's one idea! It doesn't just have to be a husband....even family members, friends, whatever. Obviously someone would have to have access to these people for it to work, but it was VERY meaningful to me!:D

WOW! That is so cool! Your friend/recruiter/director is so lucky to have thought a thoughtful team! My team is so spread out all over that they didn't have each other to come up with such things. One of them did give me a gold chain to hang my new gold whisk on!

My director used construction paper and yarn and wrote all the benefits of directorship on them and put them around my neck at the meeting. And I received a red apron (which is the tradition in my up line - at least from Exec down). She's been an upper level director for several many years but she's not one to gift people.

I intend to give my new directors flowers and either a gift certificate to a spa treatment of some kind or a gift certificate to a restaurant with their spouse. It is such a big deal (and stress at the end) that I want to pamper them!

My director's director got my friend a really cute director's chair! She did some other things, too but I thought that was so cute!

At a WW meeting a guy came in one day with a dozen roses and was congratulatin his wife on her hitting lifetime. He ws so proud of her. THere was not a dry eye in the house. The sweetest thing

Kathytnt said:
At a WW meeting a guy came in one day with a dozen roses and was congratulatin his wife on her hitting lifetime. He ws so proud of her. THere was not a dry eye in the house. The sweetest thing
That is SO sweet! Wow. My proudest accomplishment is being a mom to my two wonderful kids and my success in Pampered Chef is a close 2nd because it's never something I thought I could do. BUT.....if I could ALSO become a WW lifetime member, holy cow would that be awesome! That's the hardest goal of mine to get to. I only have 50 pounds to go! HA!! Only. Why was becoming a Director easier than that?!

That's the sweetest story though. I love all these other Director-promotion ideas. Especially the Director's Chair! How cool.:D Thanks for sharing.

We need more healthy PC recipes!!!

I have found TONS of healthy PC recipes - in fact, most of them can be made healthier by just adjusting to lowfat dairy....and other lower fat options. I took the WW point flyer that ChefAnn made, and developed some WW menus for shows....I am now offering "8 Points or Less" parties! The one right now that I am featuring is Southwestern Layered Salad (4 pts, 5 if you use chicken) and a Angelfood/pudding/strawberries Trifle.......people who aren't even doing Weight Watchers love this menu!

The Aloha Pizza can be made points friendly, as can the Lime/Berry Mousse Trifle (sub Angel food for the Pound cake) The Jerk Chicken Salad also! The Smashed Potato Soup......so many great, healthy recipes!

I was recognized as a Promoting Director at this months Cluster meeting! My Director had a 'directors' chair for me to sit on (she saves it to use just for a promotion night), gave me roses, a cute decorated clipboard (like hers and her other directors), and of course the coveted RED embroidered Apron. Then she read parts of the Dr. Sues "Oh, the places you'll go book" and had my DH and 5yr old DD come in and say something. My sweet daughter (who wants to do Pampered Chef when she grows up) got up in front of everyone and said "I love my mommy because she is special" It was so cute. My DH talked about how proud he was of me for promoting and working so hard and how much he loved me. Then we toasted with Martinelli's! There was not a dry eye in the room, and many felt very inspired to want Directorship too! It was a very special night for me!:)

Skye said:
I was recognized as a Promoting Director at this months Cluster meeting! My Director had a 'directors' chair for me to sit on (she saves it to use just for a promotion night), gave me roses, a cute decorated clipboard (like hers and her other directors), and of course the coveted RED embroidered Apron. Then she read parts of the Dr. Sues "Oh, the places you'll go book" and had my DH and 5yr old DD come in and say something. My sweet daughter (who wants to do Pampered Chef when she grows up) got up in front of everyone and said "I love my mommy because she is special" It was so cute. My DH talked about how proud he was of me for promoting and working so hard and how much he loved me. Then we toasted with Martinelli's! There was not a dry eye in the room, and many felt very inspired to want Directorship too! It was a very special night for me!:)
That's awesome!! Congratulations to you. :D Way to go!!!!:D

Becky, it sounds like you have an awesome husband to write such an awesome letter about you! I would keep it too, and cherish it. That was a great idea, especiall since people rarely write letters anymore.

momofthree said:
Becky, it sounds like you have an awesome husband to write such an awesome letter about you! I would keep it too, and cherish it. That was a great idea, especiall since people rarely write letters anymore.

I like the letter idea too! What a great thing to be able to re-read his thoughts and feelings for you, whenever you want!

Yes, I'm SO happy to have those thoughts of his in writing because those are the kind of things you don't hear too often. I joke at shows as I pass it around that he's oh SOOOO pleased that I publicly display his letter and let people read it. He's been especially thrilled when it's a show with people who know him in the audience.:) :)

It is very cool to have that because he is very special.:D

Congratulations Skye! That's awesome. Again, all of you inspire me to keep going.....thanks! ....:eek:

WOW! So many ideas to choose from! I have ideas swirling in my head on how I'm gonna get a hold of her husband w/o her knowing! I love the movie director angle too!

Thank you!

Kristi

When a friend & I promoted the first time, our director bought us each a full sheet cake (so we could take the rest home to my family), she had balloons, tiara, roses, a picture frame (with things written about success on it, you can find them at Hallmark or a Kohls) she served chocolate dipped strawberries and had the sparkling cider in the plastic flutes. The room was decorated with plastic Congrats banners that they signed and had a remnant of red carpet she rolled out. She also had the blowouts and other Congrats table decorations and lots of confetti.
I think we got a PC black briefcase, and an engraved pen too, but that might have been an award for something different.

It's official! My upline just promoted to DIRECTOR! I am so excited for her! It makes me want it more too!

Thank you everyone for the awesome ideas! I will be implementing some of them this Monday night at our team meeting.

Kristi

Hey KristiKristi,
I know "your recruiter" will love anything you do. I'm so excited for her! I'm bummed that "her recruiter" won't promote too, since she lost her other director. I want our director to promote too. She so deserves it! That leaves us to do it. I know our director wants us all to wear red :) Kristi and I are in the same cluster. We have a wonderfully close cluster!

YEAH for "your recruiter"!

I LOVE our cluster!!

Kristi

Skye said:
Did you find a red apron? I have a consultant who is promoting and since VIP isn't an option, I am in search of a RED Apron!

Thanks
Robin Stone
[email protected]

Williams-Sonoma has an apron in "claret"http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/l011/index.cfm?cm%5Fsrc=PRODVIEW&showsku=4102455I *love* the ideas in this thread!

What qualifications do I need to become a New Director?

To become a New Director at Pampered Chef, you must have a minimum of 6 months of experience as a Pampered Chef Consultant and have reached the level of Advanced Consultant or above. You must also have a strong passion for leadership and helping others succeed.

What is the process for becoming a New Director?

The process for becoming a New Director involves submitting an application, attending a New Director Training event, and completing a series of online courses and assessments. Once you have met all the requirements, you will be officially recognized as a New Director.

What are the benefits of becoming a New Director?

As a New Director, you will have the opportunity to grow your own team and earn additional income through team sales. You will also have access to exclusive training and support from Pampered Chef leaders and have the potential to earn rewards and recognition for your achievements.

What is the time commitment for being a New Director?

The time commitment for being a New Director can vary depending on your goals and the size of your team. However, on average, you can expect to spend around 10-15 hours per week on your Pampered Chef business as a New Director.

How can I support and mentor my team as a New Director?

As a New Director, you will have access to various resources, such as training materials and webinars, to help you support and mentor your team. You will also have the opportunity to attend leadership events and conferences to learn from other successful Directors and share your own experiences with your team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lovecookn
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • baychef