• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Size Microwave Fits My Kitchen?

In summary, the dimensions of the microwave need to be 13x13x7. The host's micro is big enough. The tenderloin was not tough and rubbery and was excellent when cooked in its own juices covered for 10 minutes a pound. The chicken was good when made in the DCB.
DebbieJ
Anyone have handy what the dimensions of the microwave need to be to fit?

Rut roh....may have problems on Saturday.....going to measure my DCB. The host emailed me her dimensions and they are less than what you posted, Linda. We'll see....

I double checked and it is 13x13x7 (good memory Linda!) and the good news is the host's micro is big enough! :D

The size of the DCB is 12 1/2" X 9 1/2 " X 5 1/2" according to the web site so a 13 X 7 X 13 microwave is right. I had to look this up tonight for someone who is thinking about ordering it. I just made chicken thighs with a teriyaki marinade in my microwave using it tonight and YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

Last night I made a pork tenderloin that was the best I ever had. My DH is so sold on it that he is telling anyone who comes over to check it out!

I just sent out to my customers an e-mail about this great product and hope I get lots of takers to try to earn it for 60% off this month!

I haven't measured anything, but I tell hosts that if their micro can fit a dinner plate then it will be big enough. So far, so good.

AZPampered Chef said:
I haven't measured anything, but I tell hosts that if their micro can fit a dinner plate then it will be big enough. So far, so good.

But you have to be sure that it's "tall" enough.

I've never done the pork tenderloin ... do you have to do anything to it? Was it tender?

My big problem with micro cooking is that stuff tends to get tough and rubbery. Was your tenderloin a tender loin?

chefjeanine said:
But you have to be sure that it's "tall" enough.

Hmmm...I never thought of that. Are there really short, wide microwaves? I guess I'll have to come up with a different question!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I've never done the pork tenderloin ... do you have to do anything to it? Was it tender?

My big problem with micro cooking is that stuff tends to get tough and rubbery. Was your tenderloin a tender loin?

Check out the 10 min pork tenderloin message behind CC.

Di_Can_Cook said:

I always joke about that at my shows. I tell them when I hosted a show they did the 30-min chicken and all I could think about was 'great, I'm going to serve my guests rubber chicken' and I know you're all thinking that, but wait until you try this, you won't believe it.

Di_Can_Cook said:

This was the first time I did a pork tenderloin in the microwave and it was not tough and rubbery. I cooked it in its own juices covered for 10 minutes a pound. It was wonderful!!!!!

I cook a lot in my microwave and as long as I don't overcook anything it is usually moist and very good. Cover what needs to be covered to retain juices and you are usually good.

HTH!:chef:

Getting back to the dimensions ....GOOD NEWS! DCB Baker fits in the micro!BAD NEWS! Turntable doesn't turn with DCB inside.Should i just remove the carosel and be done with it?

As for the chicken ... I'm afraid to do it at a show because I'm not a skilled carver, and have only one piece of forged cutlery.Now, if it's an INTERACTIVE show, maybe I could make somebody cut it for me ....

Use your kitchen shears to cut the chicken apart or let the guests cut off just what they want. Gets the tools in their hands - have the shears and the knives there for them to choose from.

I have made the tenderloin, chicken and ribs many times in the microwave in that baker and they are all always very tender. :love: No worries!

I have made pork and beef tenderloin in the DCB. Both have been great. A few months ago I would have told you that I didn't like pork - except for bacon, of course. Then I made the 10 minute pok at a show and it was great. I think the reason I never really liked it in the past was that it was too dry for me every time I had it. When you make it in the DCB it is excellent!!

I'll give it a shot ... hopefully when Roomie is napping because of a pre-conceived bias on said roomate's part against micro-cooking!The Kitchen shears are a best seller for me and on my list of things to get for Kit Enhancement ...

I made a beef roast for dinner last night, threw in some potatoes and onions. 20 minutes in the DCB in the microwave - perfect! I love my DCB!! :love:

BethCooks4U said:
I made a beef roast for dinner last night, threw in some potatoes and onions. 20 minutes in the DCB in the microwave - perfect! I love my DCB!! :love:
Ooooh, can you post your recipe? I've never made a roast and it sounds yummy...and EASY!!! Thanks!:)

Di_Can_Cook said:
I'll give it a shot ... hopefully when Roomie is napping because of a pre-conceived bias on said roomate's part against micro-cooking!

Had to do this with DH because he was convinced that a chicken or pork in the microwave was going to be "just disgusting". I decided to make the 30 minute chicken so I cooked it in the microwave and then let it rest, but put the DCB in the oven. So when DH came home I pulled the DCB out of the oven and since the chicken was hot, he had no clue that the oven wasn't hot.
AFTER he said he loved the chicken, I told him it was cooked in the microwave. He is still not a big microwave-cooking fan, but has learned to live with the fact that I now cook chicken and pork in there and unless he wants to make dinner, that is how it is going to be!

pamperedbecky said:
Ooooh, can you post your recipe? I've never made a roast and it sounds yummy...and EASY!!! Thanks!:)
No recipe. I just seasoned the roast (actually cut it in half since it's just two of us - probably about 1/2-3/4 pound), cut up a baking potato and half an onion, put the cover on and microwaved on high for 20 minutes.

Hey Becky! I thought you were going to bed?! Or did you decide to have that glass of wine? - I'm finishing a large glass of ice water just now - so exciting here...

Last edited:
katie0128 said:
Had to do this with DH because he was convinced that a chicken or pork in the microwave was going to be "just disgusting". I decided to make the 30 minute chicken so I cooked it in the microwave and then let it rest, but put the DCB in the oven. So when DH came home I pulled the DCB out of the oven and since the chicken was hot, he had no clue that the oven wasn't hot.
AFTER he said he loved the chicken, I told him it was cooked in the microwave. He is still not a big microwave-cooking fan, but has learned to live with the fact that I now cook chicken and pork in there and unless he wants to make dinner, that is how it is going to be!
The first time I made ribs in the DCB my DH was positive that I had been cooking them all day to get them so tender. Did I say how much I love that stone??

I have to share that I was looking to spend some PC$'s and I couldn't decide what to buy...until I was reading this thread! :D I have ordered the DCB and I can't wait to get it!!!

Kristina21 said:
I have to share that I was looking to spend some PC$'s and I couldn't decide what to buy...until I was reading this thread! :D I have ordered the DCB and I can't wait to get it!!!

Glad to hear that you are going to get this Kristi! All of us that have it love it. It was so nice to run into one of my customers yesterday who has it and listen to her rave about it. I wanted to get a microphone and have her yell it out to the people around us but of course it was not the time and place for it. I sure hope at my next show I sell more!

katie0128 said:

You had me laughing on this one. I didn't purchase a DCB until last week because DH told me about his family's first microwave. When microwaves first came out (he always reminds me that was before I was even born - he's a cradle robber), there was a lot of hoopla about microwaving this and microwaving that. Well, they got the microwave home and his mom put a chicken in. It took forever and they were all sitting there waiting. When it was all done, they all took a bite and it was nasty! So trying to convince DH to try a chicken in the microwave has been a tough trick. I finally convinced him now I just need to make it. That and the ribs. He's a big rib fan but cannot believe they would taste that good in the microwave. Guess it's always worth a shot.

wadesgirl said:
You had me laughing on this one. I didn't purchase a DCB until last week because DH told me about his family's first microwave. When microwaves first came out (he always reminds me that was before I was even born - he's a cradle robber), there was a lot of hoopla about microwaving this and microwaving that. Well, they got the microwave home and his mom put a chicken in. It took forever and they were all sitting there waiting. When it was all done, they all took a bite and it was nasty! So trying to convince DH to try a chicken in the microwave has been a tough trick. I finally convinced him now I just need to make it. That and the ribs. He's a big rib fan but cannot believe they would taste that good in the microwave. Guess it's always worth a shot.

I was the biggest skeptic about the chicken in the microwave! My story is part of my show....and even though I love the chicken, I was also a huge skeptic about the ribs too.....but I'm over it now! Try the ribs - they are incredible!

I love making the 20-min ribs in the DCB! I made them at a show and everyone loooooooved them - said they were very moist and tender and the bbq sauce was delish!

I've made them at home 3 or 4 times and we all love them. If ribs were cheaper, I'd make them more often!

redsoxgirl said:
I love making the 20-min ribs in the DCB! I made them at a show and everyone loooooooved them - said they were very moist and tender and the bbq sauce was delish!

I've made them at home 3 or 4 times and we all love them. If ribs were cheaper, I'd make them more often!

LOL - that's the problem here too. We rarely eat pork - but if we do, it's ribs! We love ribs!

Related to What Size Microwave Fits My Kitchen?

1. What are the standard sizes for microwaves?

The standard sizes for microwaves are typically between 30-36 inches in width, 12-16 inches in height, and 12-20 inches in depth. However, it is always best to measure your specific kitchen space to ensure a proper fit.

2. Can I install a large microwave in a small kitchen?

It is possible to install a large microwave in a small kitchen, as long as there is enough counter space or an appropriate built-in space for the microwave. However, keep in mind that a larger microwave may take up more counter space and may not be as visually appealing in a small kitchen.

3. What is the difference between countertop and built-in microwaves?

Countertop microwaves are designed to sit on a countertop or any flat surface, while built-in microwaves are installed into a cabinet or wall. Built-in microwaves can save counter space and offer a more streamlined look, but they may be more expensive and require professional installation.

4. How do I measure my kitchen for a microwave?

To measure your kitchen for a microwave, start by measuring the width, height, and depth of the space where you plan to install the microwave. Make sure to also consider any cabinets or other obstacles that may affect the size of the microwave you can install.

5. Are there microwaves specifically designed for small kitchens?

Yes, there are microwaves specifically designed for small kitchens. These microwaves are usually compact in size and may have features such as a small footprint, built-in shelves, or a slim profile to fit in tight spaces. Look for models labeled as "compact" or "small" when shopping for a microwave for a small kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • luvlabs
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
Replies