• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Get from the Catalog with 3 Half-Price Items?

In summary, my host from last weekend got 3 half prices items and isn't using any of them. She said I could. I need some advice on what I should get.
chefkristin
Gold Member
One of my hosts from last weekend got 3 half prices items and isn't using any of them. She said I could. I need some advice on what I should get. I have almost the whole catalog. I was thinking the 3-tier stand but what else??????

Do you have cookware? I would invest in one or two of the "specialty" pans if you already have a set, but don't have the individual pieces. A family-size skillet, double burner griddle, etc., are pans that really help me out at shows.

Also, the new SA rectangle trays with handles...those are pricey, but are great at shows.

HTH!

If you don't need anything you can always get "gift" for your show's.

I think...that you should the higher priced items that you Don't already own. OR get started on early X-mas shopping. :eek:) Do you already have the SA large bowl and platter? I highly recommend those I LOVE them!!

I would getDepending on what you have already I would get the woven selections for either your Large Round stone, or your 9x13 baker. They are so pretty and everyone loves them at my shows.
Also the cookware is a good suggestion if you don't have anything but the small saute pan.
Also check out the half price combos on the back and see if there is anything you could really use. Those combos are very helpful in getting more than one item for half price.
Maybe even another stoneware piece!
Let us know what you get! I am very curious!

Debbie :D

The half price combos are the best way to get the Exec cookware or open stock pieces to fill in. When faced with such an opportunity, I always go for the expensive pieces that I want but won't buy unless I can get a deal on them.

First of all, Yes to the 3-tiered stand. If the question is ever Simple Additions, my answer is YES. Second of all, I'm all for staying on top of your game, but CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!? I had to check the date of your post, Cynthia! You're way ahead of schedule...

I LOVE the half price combos...I just dig through the catalog and think of what I WANT (first and foremost!) and then what I could use at my shows. Every chance I get, I add another piece of cookware or stoneware to my collection...I don't have to add anymore SA because I have them ALL!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The half price combos are the best way to get the Exec cookware or open stock pieces to fill in. When faced with such an opportunity, I always go for the expensive pieces that I want but won't buy unless I can get a deal on them.

Scares me a little, but I'm in agreement with KG on this.

Yes, I have really been wanting the Executive Grill Pan and the Grill Press. I already have the Family Skillet! I love that thing and use it all the time!!! I don't think I need the Double Burner Griddle. I have an electric one.
I am looking in the back of the catalog and I really like the Tiles Large Rec Platter with 4 small tiles. I might just have to get that one.
Does anyone have the insulated tote? I have been eyeing that for a while too.

chefkristin said:
I love that tote! I'm disappointed that they discontinued the lids that allowed the Rect Baker and DDB to be carried in there without using foil, but the tote itself is great. It holds a lot of different pieces, and the "seat belts" for the stones are a great idea.

Forged steel knives would be my vote! :)

I keep a running PC Wish List for times like these.

Do you have the Carafe? That's on my list.

chefkristin said:
Yes, I have really been wanting the Executive Grill Pan and the Grill Press. I already have the Family Skillet! I love that thing and use it all the time!!! I don't think I need the Double Burner Griddle. I have an electric one.
I am looking in the back of the catalog and I really like the Tiles Large Rec Platter with 4 small tiles. I might just have to get that one.
chefann said:
I love that tote! I'm disappointed that they discontinued the lids that allowed the Rect Baker and DDB to be carried in there without using foil, but the tote itself is great. It holds a lot of different pieces, and the "seat belts" for the stones are a great idea.
I received the Pro Grill Pan as a premium several years ago and mostly just looked at it in the pantry. We've got a Jenn-Aire range, so indoor grilling in the grill pan just never happened, and it's useless as a regular frying pan - as a result, I passed on getting the Exec grill pan a few months ago. NOW that I have the Grill Press, I'm actually using the grill pan and now kinda wish I might have gotten the Exec one for demos.

Ann, I've got the covers and the insulated tote - they are terrific for pot lucks with the relatives or church gatherings. I also use the tote to haul stonware pieces to shows.

I like my cover for my rectangular baker...made me actually finally start using it for cakes. I used to use my metal pans just to have the lid on them because Saran Wrap doesn't stay put in my house!

DebbieJ said:
I keep a running PC Wish List for times like these.

Do you have the Carafe? That's on my list.
Old and new - I use the old one strictly for hot water, because The Kat Lady is a tea snob and turns up her nose at coffee.

I wish they'd bring back the old one - it was difficult to sell it at 36 dollars but even though the new one is sexy looking, I find it next to impossible to sell at 64 bucks.

janetupnorth said:
I like my cover for my rectangular baker...made me actually finally start using it for cakes. I used to use my metal pans just to have the lid on them because Saran Wrap doesn't stay put in my house!
Why? Are the practical jokers going to cover your toilet with it on April 1?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Old and new - I use the old one strictly for hot water, because The Kat Lady is a tea snob and turns up her nose at coffee.

I wish they'd bring back the old one - it was difficult to sell it at 36 dollars but even though the new one is sexy looking, I find it next to impossible to sell at 64 bucks.

I know what you mean. My host last night chose it as one of her half price items and that is only the second one I've sold. The first one was at full price, though. :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Yeah, that's an ongoing joke at camp...still happens with the little kids year after year...

...the best one I've seen was wiring an outhouse with a speaker system... When the person sat down and went, they'd say, "Hey, do you mind, I'm trying to work down here..." Imaging having the crap scared out of you that way! :)

Seriously, in our house if you cover something with Saran Wrap to keep it fresh, someone opens the Saran Wrap, takes a piece and leaves it uncovered...

DebbieJ said:
I know what you mean. My host last night chose it as one of her half price items and that is only the second one I've sold. The first one was at full price, though. :)
Ya gotta show it to sell it and, at least, it's light enough to carry along.

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, that's an ongoing joke at camp...still happens with the little kids year after year...

...the best one I've seen was wiring an outhouse with a speaker system... When the person sat down and went, they'd say, "Hey, do you mind, I'm trying to work down here..." Imaging having the crap scared out of you that way! :)

So to speak...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

For my son's 19th birthday, his friends plastic-wrapped his car, his bed, and his pillow. They brought the wrap with them. (Yes, I gave them access. No, I didn't help. I did laugh a lot, though.)

We used to have a guy that worked in the Buick store, that no one particularly liked. He was loud, he was a blowhard and he thought he was special. While all of us had to work every Saturday, he managed to get a month of Saturdays off because he was teaching some class in his community. (Of course, no one else could possibly teach it.)Saturday afternoons were dead and idle hands...so we used plastic wrap to close off his cubicle while someone ran to a dime store (showing how long ago this happened) and came back with lots of balloons. It was an automobile dealership, so we used the air compressor to fill up lots and lots of balloons - and filled his cubicle with them.Someone tipped him off, though, and he came in very early on Monday morning, planning to empty out his office and make it look like nothing happened. The phone operator told us later that he did do exactly what we thought he would do - he was stomping balloons to pop them.Of course, we had filled about a half a dozen of them with water...The operator told us the showroom was ringing with profanity and the bottoms of his pant legs were still wet when we all arrived at 8:30.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
We used to have a guy that worked in the Buick store, that no one particularly liked. He was loud, he was a blowhard and he thought he was special. While all of us had to work every Saturday, he managed to get a month of Saturdays off because he was teaching some class in his community. (Of course, no one else could possibly teach it.)

Saturday afternoons were dead and idle hands...so we used plastic wrap to close off his cubicle while someone ran to a dime store (showing how long ago this happened) and came back with lots of balloons. It was an automobile dealership, so we used the air compressor to fill up lots and lots of balloons - and filled his cubicle with them.

Someone tipped him off, though, and he came in very early on Monday morning, planning to empty out his office and make it look like nothing happened. The phone operator told us later that he did do exactly what we thought he would do - he was stomping balloons to pop them.

Of course, we had filled about a half a dozen of them with water...

The operator told us the showroom was ringing with profanity and the bottoms of his pant legs were still wet when we all arrived at 8:30.

Totally. Awesome.

Last year we aluminum foiled a co-worker's entire office for his 40th birthday. Every inch of everything was covered... We have pictures, just not sure where they are right now...

I have two stories similar to those.

One:
A practical joker who was a year ahead of me in High School used tissue paper to block off a friend's locker, then filled it with empty pop cans. He closed the locker and pulled out the tissue. When the locker owner opened it, all the empties fell out into the hall (no carpeting!) and made a horrible noise. Of course, it was the middle of class time...

Two:
My DH's bachelor party was held at our house. Well, technically, I didn't live there yet, so it was his house. Anyhoo.... several of the partiers stayed overnight rather than drive home under the influence. When they finally dragged their hung-over butts out of bed in the morning, they decided to go to breakfast. One of them said that he didn't feel like going and would stay at the house until they returned. After they all left, he went out to his car and fetched the roll of sod that he had "liberated" from a construction site on the way to the party. He removed every item from the vanity in the bathroom, which was a double vanity with only one sink, so there was quite a stretch of counter. Then he placed the sod on the counter, cutting a sink hole and access holes for the faucet. He replaced all the items where they originally were, and returned to the couch to await the return of DH and the rest of the gang. We have a pic of it that you have to see to believe.

:D

PamperedMelanie said:
Totally. Awesome.
What was even better was that he's one of those guys that can't take a joke. Oh, he could dish 'em out, but he couldn't take 'em. He was just livid in our staff meeting, while the managers were trying so hard to keep from breaking out laughing. He wanted disiplinary action taken against everyone, he was demanding that some of us get fired and was just generally making a donkey out of himself.

That started a rash of subscriptions to magazines and calls from Marine and Navy recruiters.

He never did catch on - and when a manager finally tipped him off that he brought it all on himself, he just got even more angry.

jenniferknapp said:
Last year we aluminum foiled a co-worker's entire office for his 40th birthday. Every inch of everything was covered... We have pictures, just not sure where they are right now...
Doncha love how threads get completely hijacked to something completely different?

That's a really good one - I'm going to have to file that one away for future reference...

chefann said:
I have two stories similar to those.

One:
A practical joker who was a year ahead of me in High School used tissue paper to block off a friend's locker, then filled it with empty pop cans. He closed the locker and pulled out the tissue. When the locker owner opened it, all the empties fell out into the hall (no carpeting!) and made a horrible noise. Of course, it was the middle of class time...
FAY to GO!

Kristin~

I vote for our new forged knives if you don't have them already!

Others have had really good suggestions, too. Just pick what YOU would like to have!

We had a few in HS, too.The band room was the last room of one wing, and the edge of the building was overlapped by about 3 feet of the tennis courts. The walkway between the building and the fence was about the same distance as the length of a Karmen Ghia. That's an important fact, because the band director used to drive a Karmen Ghia and park near the tennis courts. About twice a year, some of the football players would pick up his car and place it between the building and the tennis courts. As far as we know, he just did the back-and-forth (like parallel parking) to get it out.The last day of school one year, the administrator unlocked the doors one morning to go in, only to find a Volkswagon at the end of the upper floor of the C wing.While speculation continued all day with theory after theory of how the perpetrators got Jeff Y's Volkswagon into the building, some of us knew that it just fit through the overhead door in the Industrial Arts area and with careful steering (and use of a floor jack to get it around corners) it only took about a half an hour to pull it off. It was tougher to manage to leave the overhead door unlocked when the custodians went home at the end of second shift.As much fun as that one was, the brains at one of the Brookfield schools did a lot better. The school was built in a large, closed square and the atrium was a grassy area that no one, save for the custodian who mowed it, ever went into. The last day of school one year, there was a glider in the atrium.The police that morning were trying to figure out how a glider went missing from the little airport nearby, and when it turned up at East, then the mystery was how it got there.

Last edited:
KellyTheChef said:
Kristin~

Others have had really good suggestions, too. Just pick what YOU would like to have!
Hey!

How rude of you to hijack this thread back on topic!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I do have the insulated tote - and LOVE it, but if you don't have all of the forged cutlery....get that! My 2 favorite knives of the set are the santoku and bread knives, I can do anything and everything with just those.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Hey!

How rude of you to hijack this thread back on topic!

:D:D:D:D:D:D
Sorry!:eek: :eek: Not sure what I was thinking....

:p

[Grumble,grumble] I guess we can forgive you this time. [/Grumble,grumble]

KellyTheChef said:
Kristin~

Good idea but they aren't available until March and this is a February show.:(
Anyway I ended up doing the right thing and not spending a ton of money. I got the decorator bottle set which I have wanted forever and I got the SA rectangle platter. I am happy!:D

chefkristin said:
Good idea but they aren't available until March and this is a February show.:(
Anyway I ended up doing the right thing and not spending a ton of money. I got the decorator bottle set which I have wanted forever and I got the SA rectangle platter. I am happy!:D
That's the most important thing!

Related to What Should I Get from the Catalog with 3 Half-Price Items?

1. What are the most popular items to get with the 3 half-price items offer?

The most popular items to get with the 3 half-price items offer are typically the larger, more expensive items such as cookware sets, knife sets, or kitchen gadgets like food processors or blenders. These items can be quite expensive at full price, so getting them at half off is a great deal.

2. I already have most of the items in the catalog, what should I get with the 3 half-price items offer?

If you already have most of the items in the catalog, it might be a good idea to use the 3 half-price items offer to upgrade your existing products. For example, if you have a basic set of cookware, you could use the offer to get a higher quality, more durable set. Or, you could choose to get a few smaller, more specialized items that you've been wanting to try out.

3. Can I mix and match items from different categories for the 3 half-price items offer?

Yes, you can mix and match items from different categories for the 3 half-price items offer. As long as the items are eligible for the offer and add up to a total of 3 half-price items, you can choose any combination of items from the catalog.

4. How do I know if an item is eligible for the 3 half-price items offer?

You can easily see if an item is eligible for the 3 half-price items offer by looking for the "Half-Price Item" label on the product page in the catalog. This label will also show the regular price and the half-price price for the item.

5. I'm not sure which items to choose for my 3 half-price items, do you have any recommendations?

If you're not sure which items to choose, our best recommendation is to think about what you use most in the kitchen or what you've been wanting to try out. You can also ask your consultant for their suggestions based on your cooking and baking habits. They can also show you some of our most popular items or new releases to help you make your decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Kinder_nole
  • General Chat
Replies