• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Do for a Pampered Chef Open House?

In summary, the woman is having an open house and she got the name of the person who contacted her from a friend. The woman is not doing a presentation or demo and is only setting up a table to take orders. The woman is having the open house in a nice neighborhood and the person may get the sales. The woman is also bringing new products and a few TTA's to the open house.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I got a call from a lady who is having kind of an open house. She only does 1 party a year, so she is going to combine them. She got my name from a friend and wanted to see if I was interested in joining them. I said sure, of course, but now I am not sure what to do. I will not be doing any kind of demo or presentation, just having a table set up. I guess I can take orders and such. Do I treat this like a fair or what? I said yes and now I am not sure what to do! She lives in a very nice neighborhood, so I may get the sales, I opened up my schedule for a day I normally don't do shows. Did I do the right thing? What to do...What to do....

I think you just agreed to be her caterer....

I'm not bringing any food. She is taking care of all of it, but said if I wanted to sample something at my table that would be fine.

I would set up displays for gift ideas, such as a vignette of baking tools, or pizza cutter, Large round stoneware, stoneware cookbook, and then also have the wish list forms and catalogs for them to fill out. Maybe small batter-bowl cookie mix, for gift-giving idea.

I'd do things just like I would for a fair or expo. Concentrating on gift ideas seems like an excellent suggestion. Something yummy to nibble on is always a good idea, and, since it's in someone's home, the health department won't mind.

I'd also find out what other "vendors" are going to be there. That way you can concentrate on the things we have that are different from what they have.

A MK friend of mine hands her business card to other vendors with a 10% off coupon on the back. I don't know if there will be a bunch of them, but it can't hurt...My director did one of these a while ago and it was a $700 show! They had Mary Kay, Tastefully Simple, and Lia Sophia also. I guess it depends on the crowd and all...that's where I booked my party that I started my business with! What a great party!

Do it!I'd do it if I were you! You will get the chance to meet people. I'd have something that you made ahead of time on your table (be sure it's on your table, that way you've got their attention for at leat a few seconds when they stop by to nibble). Do something like the Tuxedo Brownie Cups. Have about half of them completed, and bring the EAD with you so you can demo how it works when you run out. You can also grate chocolate over them with the Microplane. Be sure that you bring new products with you for display.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

krzymomof4 said:
I got a call from a lady who is having kind of an open house. She only does 1 party a year, so she is going to combine them. She got my name from a friend and wanted to see if I was interested in joining them. I said sure, of course, but now I am not sure what to do. I will not be doing any kind of demo or presentation, just having a table set up. I guess I can take orders and such. Do I treat this like a fair or what? I said yes and now I am not sure what to do! She lives in a very nice neighborhood, so I may get the sales, I opened up my schedule for a day I normally don't do shows. Did I do the right thing? What to do...What to do....

I recently had the same thing, my friend said dont bring any food. We set up 2 tables almost like a showcase ( it did really look nice;) ) But I did bring all the new products I had & a few TTA's. I also had a small section with a few paper plates,garlic,an apple,a pear,a lemon, an orange...anyone that wanted to try something could & they did. It turned out to a 650.00 party & a possible 2 bookings!! You never know!:D :D :D

Sounds like a great oppurtunity. Everyone has had great suggestions. I'd treat it as a fair with a focus on gift-giving. Remember to make sure everyone has your contact information before they leave and that you ask anyone that you talk to about doing a show.

I dont want to sound negative but I did one once and will never do one again. She wanted me to make a few recipes so I showed up early to get them going and she had a Mary Kay rep there and she took up the whole counter so I was making the recipe on the rolling case and a small pull out cutting board. Then I asked her where she wanted me to set up and she was like I dont know so she finally found me a spot in the darkest corner with no light I was ticked I spent 4 hrs there 60 dollars in sales. I wish you luck I do know some people have had good experiences with them but I will never do one again

1. What exactly is "This Will Be a New One for Me."?

"This Will Be a New One for Me." is a phrase often used in our product demonstrations to introduce a unique and unexpected recipe or cooking technique.

2. How do I use "This Will Be a New One for Me." in my Pampered Chef business?

You can use "This Will Be a New One for Me." as a way to pique the interest of potential customers and create excitement around your demos. It's a great attention-grabber and can help to showcase the versatility and creativity of our products.

3. Can I customize "This Will Be a New One for Me." for my own demos?

Absolutely! We encourage our consultants to put their own spin on "This Will Be a New One for Me." and make it unique to their own style and audience. You can use it to introduce any recipe or technique that you think will surprise and delight your customers.

4. Are there any resources available to help me incorporate "This Will Be a New One for Me." into my demos?

Yes, we have a variety of training materials and resources available to our consultants, including tips and ideas for using "This Will Be a New One for Me." in your demos. You can also reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for support and inspiration.

5. How can "This Will Be a New One for Me." benefit my customers?

By using "This Will Be a New One for Me." in your demos, you can introduce your customers to new and exciting recipes and cooking techniques that they may not have tried before. This can help to expand their culinary horizons and show them the endless possibilities of our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • khergatt
  • General Chat
Replies