• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Do About My Botched Catalogue Order?

In summary, H.O. messed up with my cataolgue order...I am SO nERVOUS!!! I have a fundraiser coming up next week and I was so excited to get my order delivered today...I figured that would give me plenty of time to get everything together...but when I opened the boxes, I was SHOCKED to find 400 of the WRONG CATALOGUE...They are all in SPANISH!!! I am FREAKING!!!!!Any suggestions???I have been (and still) holding on the phone for someone to answer my call...I have been holding for almost an hour and a half!Did you check on
Pamperedpartylady
Well...here it is...H.O. messed up with my cataolgue order...I am SO nERVOUS!!! I have a fundraiser coming up next week and I was so excited to get my order delivered today...I figured that would give me lots of time to get everything together...but when I opened the boxes, I was SHOCKED to find 400 of the WRONG CATALOGUE...They are all in SPANISH!!! I am FREAKING!!!!! Any suggestions??? I have been (and still) holding on the phone for someone to answer my call...I have been holding for almost an hour and a half! :eek:

Did you check on PP or P3 to make sure you ordered the right one? If so, be very firm with the person who answers the phone. If they don't give you the answer you want - which is that they will get 400 English catalogs out to you by a certain date - then ask for a supervisor. Also, they should pay to send back the Spanish ones...providing you ordered them correctly. Not saying that you screwed up, but it has been known to happen to people....Good Luck!

I agree that it gets confusing. It took me a while to realize the SP in front of the product meant Spanish. That train left the station before I had my ticket in my hand

I double checked my PP order to see if I did order the correct ones, and Yup...I did...(I wouldn't put it past myself to do something stupid like that...Then, I checked my print out...nope...I definitely ordered English). I am still holding...at least I am not "seeing red" right now, just freaking out that this will never come together in time...and costing me a whole lot more money...YIKES

I ordered a set of Season's Bests and received the Spanish version. Well, my fault! Looking at PP, I DID order the Spanish! DUH!:eek: They will not take them back (I did not even try to ask) - it is clearly spelled out that supply orders are not returnable.

That being said, even if you DID order the wrong ones, TRY to get them to exchange them. If you explain nicely that you truely thought you were ordering English catalogs and point out that you are not a bi-lingual consultant you just may find a soft spot in the heart of the operator and get them to do the exchange. If the operator won't hear of it either call back and talk to someone different or ask for a supervisor. Someone hopefully will give you a break this one time! - but don't let it happen again. :rolleyes:

Pamperedpartylady said:
I double checked my PP order to see if I did order the correct ones, and Yup...I did...(I wouldn't put it past myself to do something stupid like that...Then, I checked my print out...nope...I definitely ordered English). I am still holding...at least I am not "seeing red" right now, just freaking out that this will never come together in time...and costing me a whole lot more money...YIKES
Great! There won't be any trouble with the exchange then! Hope you get them in time!!

looks like our ever faithful can do no wrong home office can do some wrong, huh? i hope that when i get stateside, i dont have half the problems with home office that i hear about now. good golly.

momof2_pc4u said:
looks like our ever faithful can do no wrong home office can do some wrong, huh? i hope that when i get stateside, i dont have half the problems with home office that i hear about now. good golly.
There are over 60,000 consultants in the US and about 1,000 co-workers in the home office. I think they do an awesome job! They are human just like us and we all make mistakes. The amount of problems we talk about here are minute when compared to all the orders that are delivered perfectly every day!

I would make sure that you get them to send them to you in time because you did order them in time to get them and work on them (stickers and stuffing) for the fundraiser. Another idea would be to talk to your upline to see if they can send out a local email to see if you could borrow some until your order does arrive. It is amazing what can happen if each local consultant can give up one or two packs for a few days! And you might want to get your upline involved in the exchange if it gets difficult.Make sure you get the names of EVERYONE you talk to!!!

It's weird...this is the 1st time I ever experience such a BIG mistake...I mean...400 CATALOGS...I have been ordering for 2 years and I never...other than the missing items from some of the shows I submit...who packages these things anyway????

momof2_pc4u said:

Don't let it discourage you. Usually when something frustrates one of us (me included), the post is really just to blow off some steam. HO may have made mistakes, but when they say they will fix it, they do follow through.

I guess that's why this is the first place I turn to vent...no one else could possibly understand and we tend to make eachother feel better...rather than attacking eachother...It is important for us to give eachother the benefit of the doubt and support eachother's efforts.

momof2_pc4u said:

Only a few of us have had sticky problems and they were usually resolved with some help from the upline. That is one reason you HAVE an upline! Also, you have to realize that we learn from these situations and are trying to give help to someone so they don't have to make the same mistakes we have made.

One of my downline borrowed my Trifle Bowl and brought it back with the stand chipped. She felt SO bad, but since it was still under warranty, I wasn't worried. I did an adjustment and they wanted me to send it back and they would send another one when they received it. I emailed back and said, uh...not gonna happen. First, I am making the cover trifle at all my shows this month and I would think that HO would want me to have the product in order to use and show and SELL it! And secondly, I wasn't paying to send in the whole thing when the base was the problem. She said it was against policy to send it out (even though I said they had before) and that I could just send back the base. So, it could be that they changed policy on the Trifle Bowl because of all the shipping problems earlier this year, I dunno. However, since I knew to ask for her to forward this to a supervisor, I was able to get an acceptable answer.

HTH

Pamperedpartylady said:
I guess that's why this is the first place I turn to vent...no one else could possibly understand and we tend to make eachother feel better...rather than attacking eachother...It is important for us to give eachother the benefit of the doubt and support eachother's efforts.
That's what we are here for!

If I vent to dh he gets all negative about the whole business but if I vent here or with other consultants THEY understand it's just a pebble in the road!

Relax! It'll work out. They should express the catalogs to you once you explain it all and they check the records. If you don't get them as soon as you need them I would take the advise of asking local directors to help you find catalogs to borrow until yours come. They'll help you!

Plus, the cool thing about venting here is that there are other ideas. In the past, from what I have heard, is that ideas would get stagnant in local clusters. Now that we have a virtual world-wide cluster, new ideas are spread so fast and evolve even faster!

Hey...quick question...I am still on hold...what time is H.O. open until?

I have no idea! I think they will answer if you are still on hold. However, if you call after a certain time, you won't get put in the que.

k...thanks...I'll keep holding

I'm getting soooooo sleepy as I wait for someone...anyone to answer my call...my arm is falling asleep...

Did they not give you the option of getting a call back? I use my cell for business, so I always choose the call back option...don't want to waste minutes on musak!

Pamperedpartylady said:
I'm getting soooooo sleepy as I wait for someone...anyone to answer my call...my arm is falling asleep...

I think they are open until 11pm CST

gggrrreeeaattt...I am EST...I am still in the "running" for a real person...

Last year I ordered catalogs and mistakenly took the SP to mean spring. When they arrived they were spanish:eek: I called immediately and they sent UPS to pick up the wrong ones and sent me out the correct ones. I was really surprised that they did this and super grateful.

WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! I just got through, and for those of you keeping tabs on me...HARRIET at the H.O. ROCKS!!!! She was able to get me an exchange for my spanish catalogs!!!!!! I feel such a sense of relief!!! THanks you guys for your support and talking me through this! (2 hours on hold PAYS OFF!) YIPPIE!!!! Who could possibly sleep now??? I am psyched!

So what are the particulars? Will they have FedEx pick up the others for free? How long will it take for them to send out the correct ones?

I'm so glad for you that they helped you. HO is wonderful!

Send a note to HO with Harriet's name, thanking them for great service. They get bonus points for good feedback. :)

Related to What Should I Do About My Botched Catalogue Order?

1. What are some easy and quick meal ideas for busy weeknights?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of quick and easy meal ideas for busy weeknights. Some popular options include one-pan meals, slow cooker recipes, and sheet pan dinners. You can also check out our "20-Minute Meals" section on our website for more inspiration.

2. How can I make cooking more fun and enjoyable?

Cooking can be a fun and enjoyable activity with the right tools and recipes. Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen gadgets and tools that make cooking easier and more enjoyable. We also have a variety of recipes that are fun to make and delicious to eat!

3. What are some healthy options for meal prep?

Meal prep is a great way to stay on track with healthy eating. Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes and tools to make meal prep easier. Some healthy options include salads, grain bowls, and veggie-packed stir-fries. You can also check out our "Healthy Eating" section on our website for more ideas.

4. How can I save time and money in the kitchen?

Pampered Chef offers many products that can help you save time and money in the kitchen. Our tools and gadgets are designed to make cooking and meal prep more efficient. We also have a "Budget-Friendly" section on our website with recipes that are both delicious and affordable.

5. What are some must-have kitchen tools for beginner cooks?

For beginner cooks, we recommend starting with some basic kitchen tools such as a good knife, cutting board, mixing bowls, and measuring cups and spoons. Pampered Chef also offers starter sets that include essential tools for cooking and baking. Additionally, our website has a "Beginner Cook" section with recipes and tips for those who are just starting out in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • dooleycooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
esavvymom