• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Cook for My Big Event Without My Full Kitchen Tools?

In summary, Kat29 is doing her first show at a church dinning hall and has 40+ people coming. She has her basic kit and then all the new products except the 12qt stockpot and her rectangle baker and square baker and mini muffin pan. She wants to make something in the Trifle Bowl and is stuck. The host told her to pick whatever recipes she wants to make she trusts her judgement. Kat29 wishes she had more recipes to choose from. She is hoping the sales will turn out that great too.
kat29
Okay here is the story. I just moved home since my husband is stationed in Korea for a year and I'm doing my first show that is going to be huge. I've got 40+ people :eek: coming and we are doing it at a church dinning hall so we can fit everyone. Anyway, I don't have all my PC tools with me since they are all instorage. I have my basic kit and then all the new products except the 12qt stockpot and I have the rectangle baker and the square baker and the mini muffin pan. Oh and I have my forge utility and santoku knives. Okay I know I want to make something in the Trifle Bowl since the show is the first part of April to show it off for the hostess. But after that I'm stuck...The host told me to pick whatever recipes I want to make she trusts my judgement. Wish I did. :rolleyes: :confused: LOL. So any ideas. I'm trying to take in consideration that there might be someone there with allergies to something so it makes it even worse...So any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks you all.

Wow!! That's alot of people. Will you be demoing? I suggest working with your host ahead of time to prepare any additional recipes she wants to serve and only demoing 1 recipe in front of everyone. I would plan on doing some savory and sweet appetizers. Sorry I'm not more specific. There are just so many many options. I hope this helps in some way.

If you don't have your PC recipe books go to the PC site and choose some from there that fit the products you have. You will find a ton of choices!

kat29 said:
Okay here is the story. I just moved home since my husband is.......

The Aloha Pizza shows beautifully is quick to prepare and serves many if in the Bar Pan. If you can't cook there try a Cool veggie pizza prepare crust ahead and chop/slice veggies to top. Slice and serve.(you can have 1 completely finished ahead of time) 2 will serve all 40 a sample. Have all but a few pieces of Trifle Dessert ingredients chopped/sliced/cubed ahead in our bowls(ss with lid or BB) Layer in front of guests to WOW them. Good Luck and Have Fun:D

Are you planning on demoing one or two recipes? Are you needing to figure out other recipes to have done up ahead of time? I am "reading" that you want enough to FEED them...not just sample? Just wanting some more info and then I am sure we can give you tons of ideas!

Chef Kearns said:
...I suggest working with your host ahead of time to prepare any additional recipes she wants to serve and only demoing 1 recipe in front of everyone....
I just chaired a PC fundraiser with about the same # of people. All the ladies from our group made appetizers, then the Consultant demoed a trifle dessert. It worked out really well....there was plenty of food, the demo wasn't too lengthy which left plenty of extra time to process all the orders.
I was so impressed with the Consultant that I signed under her the following week. ;)

Last edited:
Okay thanks for the ideas. I will make a few recipes a head of time. And use my Trifle recipe for the demo. Just now what recipes. I'm thinking appetizers like mini ham puffs and the cool veggie pizza would be good something for everyone and then the Trifle recipe. Okay Thank you all for your help. :D You've made me sit and really think on this. Just guess I was really overwelmed that I had that many people showing up. Never have had that big of a show. :eek: I'm hoping the sales will turn out that great too. Thanks again! I love this site I know I can always get help on issues here. ;)

Oh yeah isn't there away to make dips with the spices?? I thought I'd seen some recipes for dips using the spices...If you all have any recipes for dips could you post them. Might be something else I may do and have some veggies sitting out for them too.

Last edited:
I did up a booklet of recipes. Unfortunatley I don't have most of the spices and was not able to find the recipes for using many of the spices for dips.

Attachments

• Dip Recipes.doc
    181 KB · Views: 454
  • Dip Recipes.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 306
Thank you so much Tasha, this is exactly what I was looking for. :)

Your welcome, enjoy. Many are easy to make.

1. How do I find recipes on the Pampered Chef website?

To find recipes on our website, simply click on the "Recipes" tab at the top of the homepage. From there, you can browse through our collection of appetizers, main dishes, desserts, and more. You can also use the search bar to look for specific recipes or ingredients.

2. Can I filter the recipes by dietary restrictions or preferences?

Yes, you can filter our recipes by dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and more. Simply click on the "Filter" button on the recipes page and select your desired dietary preferences.

3. How do I save recipes for later?

If you have a Pampered Chef account, you can save recipes to your "My Recipes" folder for easy access later on. Simply click on the "Save Recipe" button on the recipe page and it will be added to your folder. If you do not have an account, you can create one for free.

4. Are the recipes on Pampered Chef tested and approved?

Yes, all of our recipes are tested and approved by our team of culinary experts. We take great care in ensuring that our recipes are delicious, easy to follow, and use high-quality ingredients.

5. Can I submit my own recipe to Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, we do not accept recipe submissions from outside sources. However, we are always open to suggestions and feedback from our customers. If you have a recipe idea, feel free to reach out to us through our contact form on the website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefJen2012
  • pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Pedey
  • Doodlbug329