• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Pampered Chef Stuff Are You Giving for the Holidays?

In summary, the conversation is mainly about gift ideas for family members who enjoy cooking or are looking to improve their skills in the kitchen. Some of the suggested gifts include kitchen sets, cookware, and kitchen tools. One person is considering getting a cookbook for her brother who struggles with cooking. Another is thinking about getting her sister a large round stone with handles. The group also discusses gifts for their extended family members, such as a retired double boiler and a wish list from a catalogue. Some of the gifts mentioned are already purchased, such as dripless pourer/stoppers and a cook's corer for the brother. Overall, the conversation revolves around thoughtful and practical gift ideas for loved ones who enjoy spending time in the kitchen.
koima
My family is having a very PC holiday! Here's my plan so far, and I'd love to hear what you're doing.

My mom: Breakfast set
Large bar pan, batter bowl, small mix 'n scraper, cinnamon, (pancake mix, real maple syrup)

My dad: BBQ set
BBQ mitt, BBQ basting bottle, grill quick recipe cards, and some rubs (he's already got a set of nice tools; he will also get socks and undies, which is the only thing he asks for every year, haha)

My brother: The "I don't cook" kitchen set
Rice microwave cooker
kitchen towels
Twixits
Bamboo mini spoons

MIL: Single lady, simple cook
8" Executive saute pan
Small slotted spoon
A variety of spices that she picked out on her wish list

I need help with something for my Grandma. She's 88, eats dinner in the dining hall of her active retirement community every day so only needs something for breakfast/lunch.

DH is getting golf stuff.

What are you giving this year?

I got some dripless pourer/stoppers. We have several grab bags and those will be perfect! I'm going to pair them with a cheap bottle of wine. :)

DebbieJ said:
I got some dripless pourer/stoppers. We have several grab bags and those will be perfect! I'm going to pair them with a cheap bottle of wine. :)

Great minds think alike! I just ordered a few :)

I wish we sold pretty beaded coffee scoops to pair w/ a bag of coffee!

koima said:
I need help with something for my Grandma. She's 88, eats dinner in the dining hall of her active retirement community every day so only needs something for breakfast/lunch.
What about the trifle bowl since she is active in the community. It's a great "take" thing if they are having a dinner or something. I don't think you can go wrong w/ bar pans.

Since it is just her how about small things. Like the small cutting board and small bar pan.

koima said:

How about the small bowl caddy, 2 small square bowls, cinnamon sprinkle & small bamboo spoons or a Coffee & More Cup and the cocoa mix that's in the holiday mini-catalog or the tri-bowl with candies (or whatever) in it.

My 35-year old brother, fresh off of 2-years on a cruise ship where he apparently forgot how to cook, calls me often from his home in Virginia with questions such as,

"How long are carrots good for?"

"Do I take the green things off of the strawberries before I put them in the blender?

"I bought strawberries to eat healthy, but I don't have any ice cream. What else can I do with them?"

"Emeril made shepherds pie last night. I'm at the store and forgot the recipe. Can you look it up and let me know what's in it?"

...followed by "How do you make mashed potatoes?" (My answer is always, um, boil water and butter, add milk and flakes, and voila! mashed potatoes. Apparently he insisted on doing it old school, which led to....)

"How long do you boil a potato?"

"Do I peel it before I boil it? What do I peel it with? Can I peel it with a knife?"

"How do I know when they're done?"

And a text message, shortly after that that simply said, "I HATE MASHING POTATOES!"

(um. yeah. that's why homegirl makes them out of the box.)

So, needless to say, for Christmas this year, he's getting a cook's corer, a vegetable peeler, and just for good measure, the new pastry cutter. Not because he needs it, but because I want to see what clever things he tries to use it for :)

Why not get him a cookbook, Jean?

My sister may get the large round stone with handles, since she still has a label around somewhere to return her large bar pan.

My niece MAY get the griddle I got in the spree. She has no cookware and I don't want or need it. It is a very costly gift, but it cost me nothing.

I had my step daughter go through a catalogue and make a wish list. I might do the same for my son in-law. I'm giving my daughter's mom (my ex) a retired double boiler. She sends my daughter over every year with a can of Christmas candy. I want to keep that candy coming!

Jean DeVries said:
My 35-year old brother, fresh off of 2-years on a cruise ship where he apparently forgot how to cook, calls me often from his home in Virginia with questions such as,

"How long are carrots good for?"

"Do I take the green things off of the strawberries before I put them in the blender?

"I bought strawberries to eat healthy, but I don't have any ice cream. What else can I do with them?"

"Emeril made shepherds pie last night. I'm at the store and forgot the recipe. Can you look it up and let me know what's in it?"

...followed by "How do you make mashed potatoes?" (My answer is always, um, boil water and butter, add milk and flakes, and voila! mashed potatoes. Apparently he insisted on doing it old school, which led to....)

"How long do you boil a potato?"

"Do I peel it before I boil it? What do I peel it with? Can I peel it with a knife?"

"How do I know when they're done?"

And a text message, shortly after that that simply said, "I HATE MASHING POTATOES!"

(um. yeah. that's why homegirl makes them out of the box.)

So, needless to say, for Christmas this year, he's getting a cook's corer, a vegetable peeler, and just for good measure, the new pastry cutter. Not because he needs it, but because I want to see what clever things he tries to use it for :)

:D :D :D
he reminds me of my older brother! i about died of laughter!

i wanted to give PC, but it seems like all my friends just had shows and my family has either bought or completely ignored my biz. so i'm holding off this year. oh, and if a someone says the will no longer buy PC, is it tacky to gift it to them?

give him the mix n masher

My brother, the bachelor, has an on-going PC wish list with me, and I just buy from that- He updates it with every new catalog. I also have a catalog here at my desk, that has written at the top "Nycole's Wish List" which was my daughters, everything she wants is circled, but now she is a consultant on my team, and is earning her own. The rest of the adults, we do a gift exchange, and they never have PC on their list.

WLMcCoy said:
What about the trifle bowl since she is active in the community. It's a great "take" thing if they are having a dinner or something. I don't think you can go wrong w/ bar pans.

Since it is just her how about small things. Like the small cutting board and small bar pan.

I don't know grandma but triffle bowl full is very heavy... but I that she could take things that look nice with out to my fuss.

I'm giving PC² gifts to all my friends. Pampered Chef combined with Politically Correct. I purchased some fair trade hot cocoa and I'm wrapping it up with the dots coffee and more cups.My sister admired my mini muffin pan, so I'm giving her that as part of a PC baking set.
My mother, who doesn't cook, is getting linens and the salt/pepper set.
My MIL cooks, but we wish she didn't. She does have our kids over a lot, so I gave her a pizza cutter and round stone last year. This year, I'm thinking of some serving pieces.
My BIL loves to grill, so some grill tools and spices are on the list for him.

I suggest the Prep bowls (she could keep jewelry or candy in them).

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

My grandmother and I were at Olive Garden last week and she was admiring the Cheese Grater...so that's what I am getting my "hard to buy for" grandmother!

My aunt an uncle are getting the dots wine glasses, dripless pourer/spout and wine charms

MIL~ same as above ( my family like to drink :))

sister in law~ mini muffin pan, tart shaper and oven mitts

Teenage DS tutor~ 2 appetizer plates with some goodies made from the holiday cookbook wrapped in cellophane and a beaded spreader

cousin and finace' medium round stone with handles and stoneware sensations cookbook

neighborhood party exchange~ still thiking about that one :)

My mom is getting the Holiday plate and the pumpkin dish and OH! the DCB.... she just signed as a consultant so I told her I woul get her the DCB for a Christmas gift.

I usually buy the Round Up Trivets for DS's teachers, but I gave them last year and he has the same teachers again, so this year I'm doing the Pink Trio Bowls that I picked up in May when I "hosted" several shows.

I shopped for my DH's Family as my mom just had a huge show and has everything.

For his 3 sisters, the Large Round Stone with Handles
2 brothers- Utility Knife in Honing Case
Mother- Grinder set, peppercorns, salt, and Large Bar Pan
Father- Utility Knife in Honing Case

Oh and my sister will get the Medium Bar Pan and Tool Turn About

Teacher- all 3 will get a Trivet

My mother just asked me if we carry Cake Pans, and then how much they cost, so I told her to let Santa worry about that! :)

I will be giving a couple of my children's teachers the RUFTH Trivet.

I'm doing batter bowl mixes for DS's teachers and my adult cousins (we do token family gifts). I'm so glad I found those here!

Grandma's retirement home is active (as in not nursing) but she's not all that active herself. My husband suggested a chocolate themed gift: handmade chocolate soap and lotion from a husband-wife team I ordered from last summer (they smell awesome!), a nice coffee, mug that my son paints, and a chocolate covered spoon. Can I make the bamboo spoon chocolate covered? I think this is going to be the Grandma gift this year.

koima said:
I'm doing batter bowl mixes for DS's teachers and my adult cousins (we do token family gifts). I'm so glad I found those here!

Grandma's retirement home is active (as in not nursing) but she's not all that active herself. My husband suggested a chocolate themed gift: handmade chocolate soap and lotion from a husband-wife team I ordered from last summer (they smell awesome!), a nice coffee, mug that my son paints, and a chocolate covered spoon. Can I make the bamboo spoon chocolate covered? I think this is going to be the Grandma gift this year.

FOR SURE you can dip the Spoons in Chocolate! - it looks GREAT! I have seend a Candy Cane dipped in chocolate too - it was cute.

Nice! Well I'll be doing chocolate spoons.

My sister~ Cranberry Appetizer plates and stand

My Mom~ PC basket with kitchen towels, salt & pepper, wooden spoons etc.

My MIL~ Round up trivet.

I have stocked up on sprinkles as well for gifts to give to hosts.

WLMcCoy said:

Not to be a nay-sayer but I have concerns about selling/giving bar pans, etc that are heavy and difficult for my kids to handle to older people. Each person is different, I understand that, but I would caution you to remember things like that when gifting grandparents, older people, etc.

I tend to lean toward the jar opener, easy opener, can strainers, etc.

My brother is getting the large cutting board with grooves (he does a lot of preparing meat to smoke, grill, etc). He already has pretty much all of our bbq stuff, including spices. :)

My mom is getting the 5" utility knife and the 5" santoku knife (both were on her wish list). It's about time that woman gets some good knives! :rolleyes: She's also getting some non-PC stuff! :)

My aunt is getting the pizza cutter, dripless wine stopper/pourer, and a nice bottle of wine.

My grandmother is getting (along with other, non PC, stuff) the quik stir pitcher.

There are more people getting PC stuff, mixed in with non PC stuff...but I can't remember them all and DD is ready for more apple, so I need to go cut it for her. :)

Grams- square grill with press
Mom- food chopper and salad chopper and perfume
Cousins and aunts - mocha sprinke (stocking stuffer) w/ SBCB
Teachers - Coffe cup & MORE with mocha sprinkles and wooden spoon and cocoa.
Aides-prep bowls with spoon and cocoa or small SA cup with sprinkles

So far, I have decided to give my MIL the DCB. My DH's brother and his wife, I think I will get the wine glasses, charms and bottle stopper for them. Not sure about everyone else....only 2 SIL's left on the list!

I was thinking about doing up the prep bowls like they have in the CN for some close friends who I just want to give a little something to.

Oh, and, I am treating myself to the deep dish pie plate...hehe ;)

Di_Can_Cook said:
Why not get him a cookbook, Jean?

I'm sure this will only lead to more questions.... :)

But I'm glad I read this thread. Our family, at Christmas, rather than exchanging names, does a gift swap. You know the one...everyone brings a $15 gift, you draw numbers, #1 gets to pick their gift, #2 can either pick a new gift or "steal" #1's gift, etc. etc. (We used to exchange names, but pretty much everyone got everyone else gift cards, and we thought that was pretty ridiculous, so we switched it up a bit....hilarilous fun stealing from each other!)

I've been racking my brains trying to figure out what to get.

DUH.

Maybe this is why I'm not such a good PC salesperson. I can't even remember to sell it to myself :)

My mom is getting the Bamboo block and knives set. I figured since she's keeping all four of our kids for 10 days while we cruise the Caribbean and she'll keep them in April while we are PCing in Miami it is a fair trade!

Chef Kearns said:
My mom is getting the Bamboo block and knives set. I figured since she's keeping all four of our kids for 10 days while we cruise the Caribbean and she'll keep them in April while we are PCing in Miami it is a fair trade!

NICE! Is this your first trip Sandra? How exciting!:D

I just did an Open House - so with my dughters 60% discount we bought the DCB for my mom!!! I bought my sister the splatter screen, my SIL the 29 mins to dinner cook book (2 children under 3) my BIL the Grilling set, my SIL the drink charms since she bought the wine glasses and wine stoppers, my grandmother the lotion handsoap/ towel set.... and I think one other thing.... I forget what though! LOL

Everyone is getting beaded spreaders!! In stockings and as a decoration on wrapped packages. My in home daycare provider, I'm getting her a Large bar pan. Two of my SIL's make wish lists for me every year. My third SIL lives across the country, so I think this year I'm going to give her a box of "basic" tools - pizza cutter, ice cream dipper, mini serving spatula, dripless pourer/stopper, etc.

My DH is unemployed right now, so everyone is getting PC this year whether they like it or not (j.k - they like it!!)

My MIL is getting the metal sheet pans and that is it as far as I can remember.

1. What Pampered Chef Stuff Are You Giving for the Holidays?

This year, my family and I are having a very Pampered Chef holiday! We love the high-quality and innovative kitchen products from Pampered Chef, so we decided to give some as gifts this year.

2. What are you giving your mom?

For my mom, I'm giving her a breakfast set from Pampered Chef. It includes a large bar pan, batter bowl, small mix 'n scraper, cinnamon, and options for pancake mix and real maple syrup. She loves breakfast and I know she'll enjoy using these products in the kitchen.

3. What are you giving your dad?

My dad is getting a BBQ set from Pampered Chef. It includes a BBQ mitt, BBQ basting bottle, grill quick recipe cards, and some rubs. He already has a nice set of BBQ tools, so I thought these accessories would be a great addition to his grilling collection. He also always asks for socks and underwear every year, so I'll be including those as well.

4. What are you giving your brother?

My brother doesn't really cook, so I got him the "I don't cook" kitchen set from Pampered Chef. It includes a rice microwave cooker, kitchen towels, Twixits, and bamboo mini spoons. I thought these products would make it easier for him to prepare simple meals and snacks in the kitchen.

5. What are you giving your mother-in-law?

For my mother-in-law, I'm giving her a variety of Pampered Chef products that she picked out on her wish list. She loves cooking simple meals for herself, so I got her an 8" Executive saute pan and a small slotted spoon. I also included a selection of spices to add some flavor to her dishes.

6. I need help with something for my Grandma. She's 88, eats dinner in the dining hall of her active retirement community every day so only needs something for breakfast/lunch.

For your grandma, I would recommend getting her a breakfast set from Pampered Chef. It's perfect for simple breakfasts and could also be used for her lunches. The batter bowl and mix 'n scraper would be especially helpful for mixing and measuring ingredients for her meals. You could also consider getting her a microwave rice cooker for easy and quick meals.

7. What are you giving your husband?

For my husband, I'm giving him some golf stuff. He loves playing golf and I found some great golf accessories from Pampered Chef that I know he'll enjoy using on the course. It's a fun and unique gift for him this year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Trish in Texas
  • General Chat
Replies