• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Not to Say to Your Hosts...

In summary, Jenn is having some trouble with her new company, VeggieTales Moms. She is having trouble getting catalogs sent to her, getting training from her consultant, and getting support from her friend.
PoseyMom
I was inspired by Anne's recruiting post. I'm catalog show swapping with a friend of mine that just started with VeggieTales Moms. She's a great friend of mine but she is one of those people that has a way of saying things that make you pause. (I'm being nice). At any rate, we kicked off around the same time, but she signed her agreement with VTMoms a couple of weeks before me. They are a brand new company so her training has been very limited, and she's killing me here with her hostess coaching techniques. Or should I say lack of?

First, I had to beg her to send me catalogs. She wasn't going to send any and wanted me to do everything by the web, which is great for people that I have email addresses for but not for people that I don't. Finally I convinced her to send me catalogs, on the condition that I would mail them back. She refused to send them priority so it's been a week and I haven't received them. She is behaving as if this is somehow my fault. She keeps insisting that someone else in my house must have gotten the package and opened it, because her sister got her package already and she mailed them the same day. Well, I may be wrong, but as far as I know Standard Mail gets bumped for priority and there is no guarantee about the delivery time.

Secondly, she calls me and tells me "you better get out there and start selling, your show started today". Uhm, first of all, I don't have anything to show anyone, and secondly, is that how you encourage people???? Omygosh.

Next, their website sends out personalized e-vites. The way it is designed the hostess sends her email addresses and names to the consultant who then sends out all the e-vites. She would manually enter the email addresses and names and then each invitation will say something like "Hi Jenn!" etc.. Well she refuses to send them out and tells me to "just make something up yourself and put a link to my website."

Then, we talk about hostess benefits and I expressed that I knew I would do better if I were doing a home show and she said "well, if you get 10-12 confirmed yesses, I could let you do a virtual show for me, I'll just send you the dvd and you can do the show." Okay, where would I find these 10-12 people and why on earth would I act as a consultant when I'm not one???

Finally, she actually said to me "well, I know you're show isn't going to be much, so I'm counting on Sarah's show to actually be the one to help me out." Well, now I'm really not inspired, but since she is going to do a catalog show for me later, I really do want to do my best. I want to help her launch her business because she is a good friend, but good grief. Right now I want to throttle her.

WOW Jenn! That is amazing to me. She should def. be trying to help you out a lot more. To me it is our job as the consultant to make sure the host does her best. So omgosh! I feel for ya hun, I would not have the patience to do it still! :(

For some reason I am thinking that her business isn't going to be very successful! Can you imagine if she treats all her hosts like she is treating you? I mean what will inspire anyone to want to do a good job or for that matter, book a show with a consultant like that. Hang in there Girl!

I really HOPE that she doesn't treat everyone this poorly. I really hope that she does do well because I know that they need the extra funds right now, but she's got to work on her technique. She definitely has the "how does this benefit me" attitude and it's a huge turn-off. She doesn't want to recruit anyone locally because she wants to be able to have any possible sales go directly through her. After listening to her, I'm really glad that I chose Pampered Chef as I get a lot of support and training and she really doesn't get a lot of practical support because it's brand new and she's a charter consultant. She has said repeatedly that she should have signed with TPC, so I'm going to try to persuade her to cross-over and be a TPC consultant with me!

Since she's a friend and you're hoping she will do well, I suggest that you go all out on your host coaching for her catalog show. Maybe she'll take a cue from the way you encourage and help her to have a successful show. Maybe it will change the way she helps future hosts. If not, at least it may make for a financially successful show for you.

I am definitely planning on it! I have offered her as many ideas and suggestions as I can, but she just will not take anything I say as valuable since I have just started too. I'm hoping if I can help her have a successful show when the time comes that she will see that I'm not just a crazy woman! lol.

Wow. That sounds awful. Good luck in dealing with her. Your business is going to blow hers completely out of the water, just because you "get" how it should be done.I'm sure glad she's not wearing an apron for TPC, though. I'd hate for our customers to have to deal with her.

You have a good point Kimmy. I have no idea how she is treating her other hosts. It's hard to see someone struggle though. I'm working really hard at getting some more sales for her, but it's just really hard without something to hold in my hand to pass around. There are people at Church and whatnot that I don't necessarily know how to reach except in person!

WOW I am so sorry that happend to you!!!!! Jenn that is horrible !!!

Oh, that is harsh! Hopefully she is just adjusting to her new business and will get more into it soon! I agree with the pp, just coach the h&ll out of her and see what happens. Maybe gently try to mention that it isn't encouraging to a host to know that there show isn't a priority to the consultant!!

Wow... that's just crazy!

I just looked them up online, I have never heard of that DS before...

Their starter kits start at: $149. Yeesh!
Yowza!!

Good luck to your friend!!
Jaye

Related to What Not to Say to Your Hosts...

1. What are some things I should avoid saying to my hosts during a Pampered Chef party?

It's important to remember to always be respectful and considerate of your hosts during a Pampered Chef party. Some things you should avoid saying include negative comments about the products or the company, pressuring them to make a purchase or book a party, or making them feel guilty for not hosting a party in the first place.

2. Can I offer my own opinions or recommendations about the products during the party?

While it's great to share your enthusiasm and knowledge about Pampered Chef products, it's important to avoid being pushy or overly opinionated. Instead, focus on demonstrating the products and allowing your hosts and guests to form their own opinions.

3. Is it okay to talk about other direct sales or MLM companies during the party?

No, it's not appropriate to mention or promote other direct sales or MLM companies during a Pampered Chef party. This can be seen as disrespectful to the company and your hosts, and may also create confusion or distractions for your guests.

4. Should I discuss pricing or discounts with my hosts during the party?

It's best to avoid discussing pricing or discounts with your hosts during the party. This can make them feel pressured or uncomfortable, and it's best to leave those discussions for after the party if they are interested in making a purchase.

5. How can I politely decline a request to host a party from a guest at the party?

If a guest at the party asks you to host a party for them, it's important to be respectful and gracious in your response. You can kindly explain that your calendar is already booked with other parties or events, but offer to connect them with another consultant who may have availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LarissaRed123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • SherryLynn