1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What mistakes have you made? X Post

1. Kate K

Kate K

Hi,

I am new to Pampered Chef and this website is great! So many of you have posted great tips and ideas but I was wondering if some of you wouldn't mind posting about some of the mistakes you made in the beginning? I.E. demonstrating too many recipes, too many / too few bookings, business, mistakes, etc. Also, what would you have done differently when you first started? Thanks!

Kate

This message is cross posted.

Nov 8, 2005
  2. powelljj

powelljj Guest

One mistake I think I made when I started was buying too much office supply stuff like guest folders, pens, labels, etc... I remember spending my first 2 or 3 commission checks on stuff like that that is really not important.

Nov 9, 2005
  3. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

What a dooozzzyyy!!

WOW! Do I have a mistake for you! But it wasn't when I started...it was last night! I have been with the company for 3 years, so I have made a ton of mistakes. But, this one tops the cake. I packed for my show using my outline to pack for the cordon bleu melts and tangy bacon rollups. I got the show and asked the host to get all of the groceries out so we could make sure we had everything. Well the first thing she pulled out was tortillas...and I said hmmm.... :eek: then she pulled out chicken, salsa, bean dip and cheese...and I said HMMMMM! :confused: I told the host I didn't think we were making the same recipes. So I asked her what ones we were supposed to make...she said the family burrito and touchdown taco dip! My heart sank! :eek: You see, I had gotten last nights menu mixed up with tomorrows menu! And I was 140 miles from my house...so I couldn't just go get the correct products! Luckily, I pack standard products like the SS bowl, US&G, Food Chopper etc to all shows! The only products I didn't have were the egg slicer for olives and the citrus press! My host was all worried, and I told her not to worry because my motto was "fake it until you make it." :p She laughed at this but everything turned out great! And the show is over $1000 now so we must have done something right! Needless to say, I will now double and triple check my hosts selections!

Nov 10, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted