• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Make Pancakes in the Oven with Stoneware?

and wait. And wait. And WAIT. They are supposed to be done at 425 degrees. But, they never are. And they are always soggy and gross. I think that is because they are cooked in oil. I never fry them in oil. I put them in the oven on a stone. And they come out perfect every time!
bbauman07
Gold Member
I would like to hear your stoneware pitch, if you wouldn't mind sharing.

When I have the guest introduce themselves I have them say what their favorite piece is and why and try not to duplicate it. Also what they make with it also.

Ann

After I asked the guests what there favorite piece is and why do they like it - it has pretty much sold itself. I suggest different things/recipes that are great and easy on/in the stoneware. I've had 3 shows so far in September and I've sold 43 pieces - something I'm doing is working!:)

Anyone else?

I always do a recipe on stoneware in my shows because it's my strongest seller. I tell them how I was sceptical before I received my first piece because I had never used it before signing up to sell PC. I think my excitement about the product shines through and I always try to get the audience talking about it. I also always mention the bacon on the bar pan and try to push the fact that frozen 'kid' food comes out wonderful on it!

I love stoneware!!"I love stoneware!" That is usually the response I get from at least one of my guests, if not the host and they pretty much go from there. They pretty much sell it for me.
But of course not everyone has a piece of stoneware at ALL of my shows so I usually this time of year talk about how it's time for baking again. And that our stoneware (mini fluted pan, large bar pan, medium bar pan, rectangle stone, and rectangle baker are the perfect tools to bake up anything. I personally give baked goods as gifts for Christmas and I tell that to my guests. Also I tell them stoneware is the perfect gift for that person in their lives that loves to bake!
I ALWAYS mention the fact that hot water and the nylon scraper are all that's needed to keep these pieces clean.
I ALWAYS mention the three year guarantee and I mention how leftoevers and frozen foods come out crispy and delicious! Not mushy or half cooked and half frozen. Or warm on the outside and cold in the middle!
I usually sell at least one piece at every show!! AT least!!
Debbie

Normally my recipe is on stoneware, although, I am trying to get out of my comfor zone and do something different. I pretty much let the guest sale it by asking them questions about what they own, what they cook on it and what they like about it. I do not think I have had a show so far that I have not sold at least one piece.

I don't think I explain stoneware well enough. I was hoping to get some words i could borrow. I do mention benefits like even baking, not having to flip comfort foods like french fries, easy clean up, I'm just not sure that I'm doing it well. It is one of the only products i struggle with.

I think my enthusiasm more than anything sells it. I really love our stoneware! Be sure to mention that it can go in the microwave--many people don't remember that. Also mention that it can go in the fridge--like for leftovers of lasagna.

bbauman07 said:
I don't think I explain stoneware well enough. I was hoping to get some words i could borrow. I do mention benefits like even baking, not having to flip comfort foods like french fries, easy clean up, I'm just not sure that I'm doing it well. It is one of the only products i struggle with.

Here are some one liners and quick tips....

It keeps food warm for 30-45 minutes so the last piece of pizza is as delicious as the first!

Anything that bakes on a metal or glass pan tastes 10 times better on a stone!

You don't have to worry about knives or serving utensils scratching your stoneware, it's durable!

Point out that cookies are perfect on BOTH sides and brownings no longer ahve that hard crusty edge.

Baking stones are in investment. Make pizza at home 3 times and it has paid for itself!

Also, try to point out how versitile they are! They aren't only for cookies and pizza. I bake bacon, fish, chicken wings, and many other things on mine.

Hope these help!

***Keep in mind that I talk kind of fast***What do you think of when you think of our stoneware?(Usual answers are pizza and cookies.)Yep! The stoneware is great for that. But, I think of frozen french fries. Have you ever read the directions on a package of frozen french fries? You are supposed to preheat your oven to 450 degress. Place your french fries in an even layer. Put them in the oven. Set your timer for 25 minutes. Half-way through those 25 minutes, you're supposed to put your head in a 450 degree oven and turn every one of those fries over.I don't do that. First, because I'm not insane. Second, because I don't have to. I use a Pampered Chef stone. You see, with a metal pan you have to turn the fries over. Otherwise they're nice and crispy on three sides and soggy on the bottom. With our stoneware your fries (or fish sticks, chicken nuggets, whatever) are crispy all over. It's like magic!***Yes, I have decent stoneware sales***

I usually take at least my Rectangle Baker and one of my bar pans (size depends upon the type of people in the audience which I find out during host coaching).

I mentione the normal stuff that eveyone else mentions and ask guests what their favorite piece is, etc. Then I pull out my Bar Pan and tell them this is my "All Day Bar Pan" and then break it down like this....

BREAKFAST:
Cook your bacon in the over without having to stand there and flip it. You can be cooking your eggs while the bacon is cooking and have breakfast done even faster!

Have company over and need to make a bunch of pancakes, pour your batter in the bar pan, throw it in the oven and out comes one big pancake that can be cut using the pizza cutter. Or if you kids are having a sleep over, have them cut their own pancakes out with cookie cutters!!!!

LUNCH:
Make your grilled cheese in the oven while your cooking your soup in the microwave with your micro cookers. No standing over the over flipping or making only one grilled cheese at a time. You can make enough in the bar pan so that everyone is eating hot sandwiches all at the same time!

DINNER:
Anything frozen from the freezer: fish sticks, chicken patties, tater tots, etc. You can also cut up vegetables, place them around your frozen chicken breasts then pour cream of chicken soup mixed with milk over the top and stick it in the oven. When it comes out...dinner is served!

DESSERT:
Of course you can't forget about brownies in your bar pan or a sheet cake. However, I offer this WARNING: if you like the hard crusty part of brownies baked in a glass/metal pan...don't use the stoneware. You'll hate your brownies!!!!

I can't tell you the number of bar pans I have sold with this speech. I even have my one consultant (but just signed my 2nd one! YIPPEEE) rattling off the speech and she's selling them too!!!!

Good Luck!

I do a microwave cake in the fluted stone for every show. People already know about our "pizza stones" but they often don't realize how versatile stoneware is. It amazes them when I do a cake from start to finish that tastes so great in only 12 minutes! Then I remind them they can use that pan for roasting chickens, baked potatoes and even meatloaf. I generally sell at least two of them at every show, in addition to the other stoneware pieces that almost always sell themselves.

I had never thought about doing pancakes in the oven. What do you set your oven temp at and for how long?

What is stoneware?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is fired at a high temperature, resulting in a durable and non-porous surface. It is commonly used in kitchenware and cookware as it can withstand high heat and is safe to use in the oven, microwave, and dishwasher.

What are the benefits of using stoneware for cooking?

Stoneware offers many benefits for cooking, including even heat distribution, which helps to prevent hot spots and ensures that food is cooked evenly. It also retains heat well, keeping food warm for longer periods. Additionally, stoneware is naturally non-stick, making it easy to clean and requiring less oil or butter for cooking.

What is the Pampered Chef stoneware pitch made of?

The Pampered Chef stoneware pitch is made of natural clay that is mined from the earth and then kiln-fired at extremely high temperatures. This process creates a durable and non-porous surface that is safe for cooking.

How do I season my stoneware pitch?

To season your stoneware pitch, you can simply rub the surface with a small amount of vegetable oil before using it for the first time. This will help to create a natural non-stick surface and enhance the flavor of your food. After each use, simply wash with warm water and mild soap, and avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils that can scratch the surface.

Can I use my stoneware pitch in the oven?

Yes, the Pampered Chef stoneware pitch is safe to use in the oven, microwave, and dishwasher. However, it is recommended to avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing the stoneware directly from the freezer into a hot oven, as this can cause the stoneware to crack. It is also important to note that stoneware should not be used on direct heat sources, such as stovetops or grills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RaniaTreadwell
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • Sjoneschef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kathy Scott