• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your Favorite Trifle Recipe?

In summary, the trifle is a layered dessert that is made with a brownie mix and pudding mix. It can be made with whipped topping or without. It can also be garnished with fan strawberries.
NMmommy
I am ordering mine soon. I was wondering what the big hits in it have been! Thanks!

I posted in the recipe files on here two of my favorites...peanut butter/Brownie Trifle and Peach Melba....look them up on here and you're mouth will be watering!!!!!!

my favorite is the mocha one w/ brownies & toffee chips. it is to die for!

Has anyone made the Pina Colada Trifle recipe? I want to throw out a few trifle recipes to her. That is really waht I want to do .

Mine is the Blackforest..... yummie!!!!!

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle!

Non dessert: 7 Layer Salad

this is not really a recipe, but I did it for a group this morning and they were in love with it! It was quick, easy, and actually very pretty

Triple Strawberry ----
Sara Lee poundcake
strawberries-sliced
strawberry glaze
strawberry cool-whip

Everyone was in love with the fact that the really didn't have to mix things up, and that it could be literally thrown together in minutes

Products used:
Trifle bowl
Core & More
EAD (to drizzle glaze - could also use for cool-whip on top)
Egg slicer for berries
Any Knife you have for pound cake
Cutting board
We could even use the berry spinner when it come available........

Thank you guys!!! I am really pushing the Trifle!! I want use it!

My fav is the Black Forest also!!!

amy07 said:
this is not really a recipe, but I did it for a group this morning and they were in love with it! It was quick, easy, and actually very pretty

Triple Strawberry ----
Sara Lee poundcake
strawberries-sliced
strawberry glaze
strawberry cool-whip

Everyone was in love with the fact that the really didn't have to mix things up, and that it could be literally thrown together in minutes

Products used:
Trifle bowl
Core & More
EAD (to drizzle glaze - could also use for cool-whip on top)
Egg slicer for berries
Any Knife you have for pound cake
Cutting board
We could even use the berry spinner when it come available........

What is the strawberry glaze? I made this same one but with reg cool whip and no glaze...yours sounds much better!!

Strawberry glazeIt's usually sold in the produce dept. in a bag or in a small tub. It's glaze that you use to serve with strawberries. I like it when it's fresh but after you refrigerate it, it gets gooey and then I don't like it.
I always used to top my strawberry cheesecakes with that along with fresh strawberries but I now only use it if I know the cheesecake will be devoured quickly with no leftovers (church, parties, etc).

I don't necessarily make PC recipes in it but if I use a recipe that is not PC I just tweak it to suit our tools! Like these below!

Chocolate trifle

INGREDIENTS
1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup water
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy
DIRECTIONS
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely in bar pan. Cut into 1 inch squares.
In Classic batter bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix with scraper until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
In the trifle bowl place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.

FRUITY TRIFLE

INGREDIENTS
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 (9 inch) angel food cake
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
3 bananas, peeled and sliced
1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 sprig fresh mint

DIRECTIONS
In small batter bowl, fold sour cream and unprepared pudding mix into the whipped topping.
Cut the cake into thirds, horizontally with any PC knife.
Line the trifle bowl or other glass serving bowl with kiwi and strawberry slices, reserving two whole strawberries and two kiwi slices. Place one layer of cake in bottom of bowl, top with 1/3 of bananas and pineapple, and 1/3 of whipped topping mixture. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used.
Make fan garnishes of whole strawberries by slicing from just below the stem. Garnish assembled trifle with fanned strawberries, reserved kiwi slices, and a sprig of mint. Refrigerate until serving.

I have a ton I pulled off the internet and some I made up myself! I love the trifle.

Debbie :D

Fruit Glazes...
gilliandanielle said:
What is the strawberry glaze? I made this same one but with reg cool whip and no glaze...yours sounds much better!!

I used to buy like DebbieSAsaid, but then I started making a great Strawberry pie, by mixing in a box of jello (not with water) and sugar, of course I can't remember the recipe now, but it was the easiest pie I had ever made and everyone raved about it. I bet if I searched the inet I could find it :)

Does anyone have the recipe for the Strawberry-cheesecake trifle? Thanks!

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Ingredients:
• 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons almond extract
• ---
• 2--8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
• 1 C. sour cream
• 2 C. powdered sugar
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• 1/4 t. almond extract
• 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
• 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces
Preparation:
Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

***You can make your own poundcake: yellow cake mix, mix as directed but add one additional egg and one small box of instant vanilla pudding. Bake in stoneware bar pan and cut into small cubes. (Only need to use about 2/3 of the barpan..rest you can eat!!)

i make a strawberry cheesecake trifle that is...well...just amazing. It looks similar to Kelly's. In mine you put 1/2 cup of sugar over the strawberries and let them soak. then you drian the juice over the pound cake. my filling is cream cheese, sugar, orange juice, and whipped cream. you then layer the filling, strawberries, cake and shaved chocolate! the chocolate is the biggest difference. This is my fav ever!

I went to our store and they had poor (to put it nicely) looking strawberries. I want to make one of these strawberry trifles for a MOPS meeting in the morning. What, if any, modifications should I make when using frozen strawberries???? HELP ME

If you are using frozen berries you will get lots more juice out of them - so maybe compensate with more cake to soak it up. Or maybe you could drain and rinse them once they are thawed...

It will probably help if you wait until the last minute to put it together too.

I haven't tried it myself - but good luck!

Spring trifle with yellow cream oreos???
pamperedval said:
If you are using frozen berries you will get lots more juice out of them - so maybe compensate with more cake to soak it up. Or maybe you could drain and rinse them once they are thawed...

It will probably help if you wait until the last minute to put it together too.

I haven't tried it myself - but good luck!

That's the thing, I'm using this tomorrow and I want the women to be like, wow, I need a trifle bowl. I don't know how I can live without it. so, the recipe needs to be wonderful. I'm scared to try something that may or may not be good. ??

Someone else had a recipe earlier for using the mint oreos. I'm thinking about doing a spring trifle with the oreos that have yellow cream and green cream. Any ideas on what to do to make it beautiful and yummy?

caritok said:
I went to our store and they had poor (to put it nicely) looking strawberries. I want to make one of these strawberry trifles for a MOPS meeting in the morning. What, if any, modifications should I make when using frozen strawberries???? HELP ME

I used frozen strawberries for the Lime-Berry trifle and forget to take them out of the freezer the night before.:rolleyes: They were whole strawberries. We used the UM to slice them up. It worked perfectly! It was awesome. My sister-in-law did it and bought one after slicing the frozen strawberries with it. And when they were sliced they thawed really quickly.

I have done the choc. toffee trifle and a PB chocolate one. Everyone loved both!

Thank you for posting the Strawberry Cheesecake trifle. It sounds so delicious and i'm sure it will be a big hit at my shows!

caritok said:
That's the thing, I'm using this tomorrow and I want the women to be like, wow, I need a trifle bowl. I don't know how I can live without it. so, the recipe needs to be wonderful. I'm scared to try something that may or may not be good. ??

Someone else had a recipe earlier for using the mint oreos. I'm thinking about doing a spring trifle with the oreos that have yellow cream and green cream. Any ideas on what to do to make it beautiful and yummy?
Is the recipe you are talking about the one where you dip the cookies in milk and then layer with cool whip? Either (1) let cookies soak in milk till they start to soften, or (2)it REALLY needs to sit in the frig...plus unless you use two entire packages of Oreos, it doesn't make a tall trifle.

I would stick to your recipe and just use the frozen berries. Just drain a bit of the juice off so it isn't overwhelming. When you use the fresh berries and add a little sugar, it makes some juice, so you do NEED some of the juice! It will still be very pretty...
Use some cool whip to make stars with the EAD as your decoration since you won't have fresh strawberries to decorate!

The Black Forest Trifle has worked well for me. Easy, inexpensive, and very impressive--what more could you ask of a dessert?

caritok said:

So.........how did your MOPS meeting go? What did you end up making?

Hey there! My MOPS meeting was super. I ended up making the Mississippi Mud trifle with Yellow and green oreos. It filled up the whole trifle bowl. I bought some of the whoppers for easter that were pink (strawberry flavored) and used them to decorate and give a little more color. I think it turned out great. Had several requests for the recipe and had several catalogs picked up off the table out front. All in all is was great. I also took some tuxedo brownies and they were a hit with the little ones. Thanks so much for all your help. I'll be making the strawberry cheesecake this weekend, since I have all the things I need for that. Once I got around to this one this morning, my cream cheese was hard in the fridge and I went with what I could throw together quickly. I'll see if I can figure out how to attach a picture to this in a minute. Thanks again.

Spring trifleWell, I was going to download a couple of pictures, but my pictures exceed the allowable size (or something like that). Oh well, it turned out cute. I'm not real creative, but it was yummy and a hit. Thanks so all for your ideas and suggestions.

Caritok~

Glad it turned out so well!

thank you. this site and wonderful people like yourself, give me inspiration. You've really helped me keep my business alive. I don't really have a recruiter here (she moved right after I signed up) and this site is invaluable to me.

Banana Cream with strawberries... (my favorite right now)

Related to What Is Your Favorite Trifle Recipe?

What is a trifle?

A trifle is a layered dessert that typically consists of cake, fruit, custard, and whipped cream. It is served in a large glass bowl or trifle dish and can be customized with various flavors and ingredients.

What makes a good trifle recipe?

A good trifle recipe should have a balance of flavors and textures. It should also be visually appealing with its layers and toppings. Using fresh and high-quality ingredients is also key to creating a delicious trifle.

What is your favorite trifle recipe?

My favorite trifle recipe is the Triple Berry Trifle. It features layers of moist pound cake, vanilla custard, and fresh berries, topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of raspberry sauce. It's the perfect combination of sweet and tart flavors.

Can I make a trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a trifle in advance, but it's best to assemble it no more than a day before serving. The longer it sits, the more the flavors will blend together, which can affect the taste and texture. It's also important to store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Can I use a different type of cake in a trifle?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake in a trifle. Some popular alternatives include angel food cake, sponge cake, or ladyfingers. Just make sure to choose a cake that will hold up well when layered with other ingredients and won't get too soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NewbyPChef
  • janezapchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefParty4U
Replies