• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your Favorite Bbq Sauce?

In summary, the conversation revolves around different recommendations for BBQ sauce, with Sweet Baby Ray's being a popular choice. One person suggests making their own sauce using a recipe from America's Test Kitchen, while another recommends using Pampered Chef's Smoky BBQ rub to make their own sauce. The benefits of making your own sauce are discussed, with one person claiming it tastes better and another highlighting the control over ingredients. Ultimately, the group encourages trying homemade sauce and provides tips for using it in BBQ dishes.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
I am going to be making BBQ Beef Ribs for the first time on Father's Day and was wondering what everyone's favorite BBQ sauce is? What do you recommend I use?

Sweet Baby Rays! YUM!

I actually like to make my own using the Smoky BBQ rub. 1 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, and 2 tbsp rub. Then cook for a few minutes. It's just the recipe for the sauce for the pork tenderloin, but I think it's delicious.

AnnieBee said:
Sweet Baby Rays! YUM!

This is our favorite too! The classic one - not any of the fancy versions.

I also really like the recipe that Keith posted. I make that quite often. It's very simple to make, and tastes great!

For goodness sakes, ours is the best! The PC rub and recipe is awesome.

I joke that you can't make any money recommending Sweet Baby's Rays or other people's recipes. But it's true. You represent PC and if you aren't recommending and supporting your products how can you expect others to support them. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
PamperChefCarol said:
For goodness sakes, our is the best! The PC rub and recipe is awesome.

I joke that you can't make any money recommending Sweet Baby's Rays or other people's recipes. But it's true. You represent PC and if you aren't recommending and supporting your products how can you expect others to support them. Just my 2 cents.

It's BBQ Sauce. I use the BBQ Rub for lots of things. But we still like Sweet Baby Ray's too.

I also (GASP!) use pre-shredded cheese.:D

AnnieBee said:
Sweet Baby Rays! YUM!

We love Sweet Baby Ray's, too!!:thumbup:

I am not doing this for a cooking show; just for family. Sweet Baby Ray's sounds like a popular one. Is there one flavor (i.e. Original) or are there other flavors?

Love the regular Sweet Baby Ray's here too.

DessertDivaFL said:
I am not doing this for a cooking show; just for family. Sweet Baby Ray's sounds like a popular one. Is there one flavor (i.e. Original) or are there other flavors?

There are several flavors, and we've tried most of them, but we always go back to the Original - it's definitely our favorite.

Definately the regular!

We love Sweet Baby Ray's too! But I think we use the Hickory Smoke flavor (or something like that). We have never tried the original - we are going to have to give it a try!

Original!!:thumbup::thumbup:

lol.....me too for Sweet Baby Ray's!!

My favorite is Kraft Original Recipe.

DessertDivaFL said:

All the more reason to try ours. I love the the Smoky BBQ rub to make BBQ Sauce. I think it tastes better than anything out there. Just use the recipe Keith sent. It is really fantastic. I make my own baby backs all the time. I rub on the dry rub before I grill them. I grill them really low on indirect heat, then I have the sauce made up to put on after they are done. It rocks!!

cookingwithlove said:
All the more reason to try ours. I love the the Smoky BBQ rub to make BBQ Sauce. I think it tastes better than anything out there. Just use the recipe Keith sent. It is really fantastic. I make my own baby backs all the time. I rub on the dry rub before I grill them. I grill them really low on indirect heat, then I have the sauce made up to put on after they are done. It rocks!!

You make a compelling argument. I may have to bite the bullet and just make Keith's recipe.

DessertDivaFL said:
You make a compelling argument. I may have to bite the bullet and just make Keith's recipe.

Do it!!!

The recipe is easy and quick and it is light years ahead of the bottled stuff. Plus you know exactly what's in it.

What Is Your Favorite BBQ Sauce?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I get asked this question a lot. Here are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about my favorite BBQ sauce:

1. What brand of BBQ sauce do you recommend?

My favorite brand of BBQ sauce is Stubbs. It has a perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess, and is made with high-quality ingredients.

2. Do you prefer a specific type of BBQ sauce?

I personally love a classic tomato-based BBQ sauce, but I also enjoy experimenting with different flavors like honey mustard or chipotle.

3. How do you use BBQ sauce in your cooking?

There are so many ways to use BBQ sauce! I use it as a marinade for meats, as a glaze for grilled vegetables, and as a dipping sauce for appetizers like chicken tenders or fries.

4. Can you recommend a homemade BBQ sauce recipe?

I highly recommend trying out this delicious homemade BBQ sauce recipe from Pampered Chef: Mix together 1 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Heat in a saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!

5. How do you choose the right BBQ sauce to pair with different meats?

It ultimately comes down to personal preference, but generally, sweeter BBQ sauces pair well with pork and chicken, while smokier or spicier BBQ sauces go well with beef or ribs. I recommend trying out different combinations to find your perfect match!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MarciMac
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies