• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant What Is With the Huge Downloads?

In summary, PP3 has a lot of great features, but there are some problems with it that users with dial-up have to deal with.
chefcharity
OK. I really appreciate all the cool things we have on PP3. However, I have dial-up and everytime they have a HUGE download it takes me 5 hours to do it!!! Yes, that was 5 hours. You with dial-up understand. Luckily, I have a laptop and can go find some wireless in town and do it quickly - if I am going to town anytime soon. I end up making special trips because I get that error message and my PP3 will not run. So, this is the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks I have had to do a big download. The first one did not take, so had to re-run. Then now I guess this one is new. ICK!

OH, by the way - totally not PC's fault I have dial-up and I would not have this problem if my phone company would get on board out here in the sticks and give me DSL. Thanks for listening!

Yeah... I was complaining about this last week too! Not EVERYONE is on (or can get) high speed!

We just got DSL where we live and my DH has had the house for over 10 years. His first phone was a hugh clunker of a cell phone.

I feel your pain!!! We can't get dial up where we are either. It just plain SUCKS! Luckily, I am able to put the PP updates on my flashdrive and go home to install. It's much quicker that way.

You can call Tech Support and they'll mail you a disc.

I'd rather just drive to town one day to down load than have them mail me a disk. That is a good idea though for those without a laptop.

I feel the same way...my download took almost 6 hours!!! totally frustrating. Most of my
friends have dsl...I am going to get it soon I hope---500 feet from cable according to my
internet provider....any hoo...just calls us Speedy!!

Related to What Is With the Huge Downloads?

1. What is considered a "huge" download?

A "huge" download in the context of Pampered Chef refers to any digital file or software that is larger in size than what is typically expected or deemed normal. This can vary depending on the specific product or program being downloaded.

2. Why do I have to download such large files?

Many of our products and programs at Pampered Chef require large downloads in order to provide the best quality and performance. These downloads may include high-resolution images, detailed instructions, and other features that enhance the user experience.

3. How long will the download take?

The download time can vary depending on the size of the file and the speed of your internet connection. We recommend using a reliable and fast internet connection to ensure a timely download.

4. Can I pause or resume the download?

Yes, most of our downloads allow you to pause and resume at a later time. However, some files may not have this feature, so it's best to check the instructions or contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. Do I need any special software to open the download?

In most cases, our downloads can be opened with common software such as Adobe Reader or Microsoft Office. However, some products may require specific software that will be provided to you during the download process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • etteluap70PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • quiverfull7