• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Label of Your Favorite Jeans?

In summary, the speakers discuss their favorite pairs of jeans and where they like to buy them. They also mention their preferred brands and styles, including the GV Amanda jeans, Lucky jeans, and Seven for all Mankind. They also discuss the convenience of stretch jeans and using Skype for long-distance communication and training.
pamela
suggestion for training across the countryHi all-I have a new consultant on my team that lives in California. I'm in Virginia and her recruiter is in Connecticutt! I want to do her training over the phone but I don't want it to cost a fortune; also don't get good enough reception on the cell phone to use it. Does anyone know if there is a service I can use for this call?

Skype is free to do live talking computer to computer. You just have to have a camera and microphone (probably don't have to have the camera, but most have the microphone built in). It used to be free to call a land line with it, but they started charging after the first of the year. You can buy credits. HTH

PamperedPosey said:
Skype is free to do live talking computer to computer. You just have to have a camera and microphone (probably don't have to have the camera, but most have the microphone built in). It used to be free to call a land line with it, but they started charging after the first of the year. You can buy credits. HTH
Could you please give us more information about this. What is their website?

Thanks.

http://www.skype.com/

I was just looking at the website. They have added so many features. It's amazing. I can't even explain it all. You can do free computer to computer calls. The person that you are calling has to have skype on their computer too. Below is the rate for outgoing calls to landlines...very reasonable!

Unlimited nationwide calls - less than $3 per month
12 months of unlimited calls to any phone within the US and Canada
No connection fees charged for calls to US or Canadian phones
Only $29.95 for 12 months, or $8.85 for 3 months
Applies only to calls made from within the US and Canada

PamperedPosey said:
http://www.skype.com/

I was just looking at the website. They have added so many features. It's amazing. I can't even explain it all. You can do free computer to computer calls. The person that you are calling has to have skype on their computer too. Below is the rate for outgoing calls to landlines...very reasonable!

Unlimited nationwide calls - less than $3 per month
12 months of unlimited calls to any phone within the US and Canada
No connection fees charged for calls to US or Canadian phones
Only $29.95 for 12 months, or $8.85 for 3 months
Applies only to calls made from within the US and Canada

So each person on the call has to pay the $29.95 (or $8.85 for 3 months)? I thought you said it was free. Did they change it?

freeconferencecall.com is free to everyone.

It is free to call computer to computer. If you want to be able to call any phone number (from your computer) then it is unlimited calling for $29.95 for a year. Not bad.

bethcooks4u said:

I signed up! Not sure how I'm going to use it yet, but sounds like something we can use when we have booking blitz's and such. Thanks! :D

I have 2 favorite pair. One pair is by kikit and the other are Levis.

Sakura Coture (myay not be spelled right) I go them from JC Penney.

I love to wear mens jeans, my favorite are Silvertabs but if I wear womens I like the Sonoma boot cut at Kohl's

I bought them at Lane Bryant.....they are SO awesome! But I do need some new ones.....some that I can wear with boots and some that I can wear with flats...

Arizona, from JCP

I know it's like we need 2 different lengths of pants. Otherwise they are either too short or dragging.

I have zero junk in my trunk and rumor had it that Lucky jeans shows it off nicely, even if you don't have any to show off... so I got a pair and they are my fave now! Even DH loves them and how they fit me flat buns LOL! He's adopted that "flat buns" song from Carl Jr. I think it is, just for me ;).

NYDJ (not your daughters jeans) from Neiman Marcus or Dillards

I'm so not a label freak but for jeans I do LOVE Gloria Vanderbilt's stretchy jeans. They've made me love jeans again!

lkprescott said:
I'm so not a label freak but for jeans I do LOVE Gloria Vanderbilt's stretchy jeans. They've made me love jeans again!

I haven't seen Gloria Vanderbilt jeans in forever. I loved the pair I had over 15 years ago. Guess I need to find them again. Thought they quit making them.

JCP had Glora Vanderbilt Jeans, thats the only place I've ever seen them.

genburk said:
I haven't seen Gloria Vanderbilt jeans in forever. I loved the pair I had over 15 years ago. Guess I need to find them again. Thought they quit making them.

I absolutely love the cut of the Amanda jean by GV. It's very forgiving and has just a little stretch to make it comfortable wearing all day. Kohl's and Sears both carry them.

Express jeans. Banana Republic.
It sounds like I need to try Lucky's! Where are they sold?

lkprescott said:
I absolutely love the cut of the Amanda jean by GV. It's very forgiving and has just a little stretch to make it comfortable wearing all day. Kohl's and Sears both carry them.

I like the Giselle? Made by G.V. (mervyns...LOL!)

My favorite brand is ATF! (Anything that fits-LOL!!!) I do like Levis.

Thanks for the tips on finding Gloria Vanderbilt jeans again. Can you tell I don't shop for jeans very often, or I would have come across a pair !!!

I detest buying jeans! I am short and nothing ever fits just right. There is a western store near me so I went there last week. OMG at the selection! Since I'm pretty short-waisted the low-rise jeans are a good fit on me (they aren't hoochie-low on me, fit just below my belly button). I tried on so many pair and found a couple that fit really good. Brands I'd never heard of before: Cruel Girl and Rockies.

They need to give an award to whoever thought of stretch jeans. I refuse to buy any that aren't. Ater years of having waisted jeans digging into my stomach- they are so comfortable. I also like the boot cut and higher lowrise.

Seven for all Mankind. They are ridiculously expensive but I swear they were made just for me. They are the most flattering cut I've ever worn and the washes are amazing. It's not that you just pay for the label, they actually use high quality denims and the finishes are hand done. Great jeans can make an outfit IMO.

I just bought a pair of Ralph Lauren jeans and just love them. They are super soft.

I'll usually wear Lucky or Mavi.

bethcooks4u said:

We use the conference call too. Or, if someone has 3-way calling they can call everyone and it won't cost. Good luck!

My long-distance consultant has a hospitality director, and she and I IM regularly, some times make actual calls. Most important thing is measurable goals that they create for themselbes, and accountability. It's nice to be able to cut/paste the written word and save it immediately to my computer.

:)

You can also look into the TMobile cell phone that uses a home network. You don't get charged for the minutes you use while at home...provided you have a home network.

I use MrConference.com for all my calls. I usually do a Sunday evening call every Sunday, but with the holidays, we will continue again after the first of the year. I invite my entire team on and it works out pretty well.
It is a totally free service, just the cost of a long distance phone call for you.

AT&T carries an All Distance package here for just $40 a month--unlimited local and long distance calls (continental US) from my home phone. Check it out!

What is the label of your favorite jeans?

The label of my favorite jeans is Levi's. I love the quality and fit of their jeans.

Can you suggest a training program for consultants across the country?

One popular training program for consultants across the country is the Virtual Success Summit offered by Pampered Chef. It is a virtual event where consultants can learn from top leaders in the company and gain valuable skills and knowledge to grow their business.

How can I do training for a consultant who lives in a different state?

There are a few options for training a consultant who lives in a different state. You can use video conferencing tools such as Zoom or Skype to conduct virtual training sessions. Another option is to record training videos and share them with the consultant. You can also ask another consultant in the same state as the new consultant to do in-person training.

Is there a cost-effective way to do training over the phone?

Yes, there are several free or low-cost options for conducting training over the phone. You can use free conference call services such as FreeConferenceCall.com or UberConference. Another option is to use the phone's built-in speaker or a headset for better reception.

What can I do if I don't get good reception on my cell phone for training?

If you don't get good reception on your cell phone for training, you can try using a landline or a different phone with better reception. You can also consider using a video conferencing tool or recording training videos to share with the consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
micocina
Replies
Views
chef_kimmo
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views