• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Best Santoku Knife from the Forged Cuttlery Collection?

In summary, the most useful knife is the 5-inch utility, the petite paring knife is darling, and the chef's knife is hands down.
tabnat80
Gold Member
Ok. I am just curious. I am thinking about purchasing 1 of the knives from the forged cuttlery collection to take to my shows. Any suggestions which one is your favorite?

I am guessing you didnt get one with your kit - My favorite to bring to a show and EVERY show I sell at least 2 - is the 5 inch utility - I bring a potato with me and as I start my talk about the forged cutlery, I either put the potato down where all are sitting or pass it around on the small bar board and tell them - I can talk all night about how awesome these knives are and show you how well the slice and dice - BUT then you would think - WOW she can really cut and slice - so I invite you all to try it yourself while I speak about the benefits of our cutlery - then I go over the specifics - I tell them they MUST get this knife first - fall in love with it like I have - then book a show and get the rest at half price or free - AND - then I follow up with CCC and always get a booking when I need it!!!

Hands down the Santuko. Even those who have a good cutlery set don't have this one that all the TV chefs use.

I use mine every day!!

I wish we had a smaller forged Santuko - the size of the green knife would be perfect for me!

pamperedlinda said:
I wish we had a smaller forged Santuko - the size of the green knife would be perfect for me!

I agree Linda, the forged Santuko is just to big for me:(

I think the petite paring is darling. I also like that honking big chef's knife.

But I agree with Doreen; the most useful is the 5-inch utility.

kspry said:
I think the petite paring is darling. I also like that honking big chef's knife.

But I agree with Doreen; the most useful is the 5-inch utility.

That is what I tell my guests - this is the one you will pick up every day!! You will fall in love with this and want the whole collection!!

I agree Linda - I would love a small santoko as well ..... suggestion board at conference!!!!

My fave is by far the Santoku

One word - SANTOKU!!!!! :D

Chef's or Santoku.

pamperedlinda said:
Totally agree. I have a hard time using the large Santuko. My favorite is the Utility knife, or the green Santuko.

I have a set of Wusthof-Trident Knives, and one of the knives is a Small Chef's knife with a 5 inch blade - to be honest, that is my very favorite knife, and the one I use the most, along with the green santuko.

Chef's Knife, hands down.

Utility and Santuko. If I'm not using one, I'm using the other.

santoku!!!! been using one way before pampered chef came out with it - it is my favorite knife!!!!

utility (didn't it come with your kit?) and of course the santoku. the bread knife is nice too, especially to cut through heavy, whole grain or sourdough bread

Forged knivesI got my kit back in 2004 and they were not out then. :( and at the time that they did come out, I was having a baby and didn't have the shows or money to get any. So, I've kicked my business back up and am trying to decide. Still unsure. Leaning towards the paring knife. I use the green tomato knife every day.

susanr613 said:
utility (didn't it come with your kit?) and of course the santoku. the bread knife is nice too, especially to cut through heavy, whole grain or sourdough bread

I really like the petite paring knife and the boning knife.

Santoku or the Paring knife

Related to What is the Best Santoku Knife from the Forged Cuttlery Collection?

1. What is the material used for the Favorite Forged Cutlery Piece?

The Favorite Forged Cutlery Piece is made with high-quality German stainless steel, ensuring durability and long-lasting sharpness.

2. Is the Favorite Forged Cutlery Piece dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Favorite Forged Cutlery Piece is dishwasher safe. However, hand washing with warm water and mild soap is recommended to prolong its lifespan.

3. What is the warranty on the Favorite Forged Cutlery Piece?

The Favorite Forged Cutlery Piece comes with a lifetime warranty against any defects in material and workmanship.

4. Can the Favorite Forged Cutlery Piece be sharpened?

Yes, the Favorite Forged Cutlery Piece can be sharpened using a sharpening stone or honing steel to maintain its sharpness.

5. What is the weight and size of the Favorite Forged Cutlery Piece?

The Favorite Forged Cutlery Piece weighs approximately 8 ounces and has a blade length of approximately 6 inches and a total length of approximately 10 inches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nep2nfly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • KivaSlade
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • Liquid Sky