• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Best Recipe for a S'mores Pudding Cake?

In summary, the recipe calls for 1 (1-pound) box graham crackers, 2 (3 1/4-ounce) boxes instant French vanilla pudding, 3 1/2 cups milk, 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, and 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, 3 tablespoons butter, softened, 1/3 cup milk, 2 teaspoons light corn syrup, 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract.
cookingwith_tara
I'm looking for a recipe with these ingredients - I remember it a long time ago from an elderly lady in our church. I thought it was a s'mores cake but I could be wrong.

Graham crakers
choc pudding
maybe vanilla pudding
maybe marshmallow creme?

It's not a graham cracker crust - I remember laying the graham crackers flat on the bottom and then adding the other items.

Any clue to what I"m talking about?

I've made a Smore's Trifle before, there's a thread about it on here.

Oh, I just found it online - it was called an Eclair Cake! I was rackin' my brain. I'm adding it to my Christmas menu. I found a box of choc pudding and it triggered the memory - so I went hunting.

Thanks anyway!

Hey, please share - which version did you pick/should we try?​

I found it on foodnetwork.com. I typed in eclair cake and Paula Deen's came up - with a picture - and I shouted out loud "That's it!" Of course no one was home but me so I was excitedly talking to myself :p

Anyway - it's exactly how I remembered it. AND . . . I have all the ingredients to make the homemade choc frosting. I'm really excited about it and I can't wait to try it myself.

Here's the recipe

1 (1-pound) box graham crackers
2 (3 1/4-ounce) boxes instant French vanilla pudding
3 1/2 cups milk
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Frosting
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/3 cup milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Butter the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan. Line with whole graham crackers. In bowl of an electric mixer, mix pudding with milk; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Pour half the pudding mixture over graham crackers. Place another layer of whole graham crackers on top of pudding layer. Pour over remaining half of pudding mixture and cover with another layer of graham crackers.
For frosting, blend together sugar and cocoa. Add butter and milk, mixing well. Add corn syrup and vanilla. Stir until creamy. Cover cake with frosting and refrigerate for 24 hours

Go to foodnetwork.com and type it in. Click on the Paula Deen recipe and see the picture - I don't know how to add pictures on here.

Thanks. I googled the recipe and found a lot of variations out there. I'll try your/Paula's version during the holidays.​

What are some popular pudding recipes?

Some popular pudding recipes include chocolate pudding, banana pudding, rice pudding, and bread pudding.

Can I make pudding without milk?

Yes, there are many dairy-free pudding recipes that use alternative milks such as almond milk or coconut milk.

How do I make pudding from scratch?

To make pudding from scratch, you will need milk, sugar, cornstarch, and your desired flavoring, such as cocoa powder or vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until thickened, then refrigerate until set.

What can I use as a substitute for eggs in pudding recipes?

You can use cornstarch or arrowroot powder as a substitute for eggs in pudding recipes. Simply mix it with the milk and other ingredients before heating on the stovetop.

Can I make pudding in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make pudding in a slow cooker. Just be sure to follow a recipe specifically designed for slow cookers and allow enough time for it to cook and set.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefann
  • chefcharity