• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Everyone's Fave Recipe to Demo

In summary, several consultants shared their favorite recipes to demo for the fall selling season. The enchilada recipe from the 29 Minutes to Dinner cookbook and the 30 Minute Chicken were popular choices. The 30 Minute Chicken demo includes preparing the chicken beforehand and showing how easy it is to add side dishes like garlic biscuit bites and a salad. Other consultants mentioned the Asian noodles and Jerk nachos as great recipes to demo. The 30 Minute Chicken demo takes about 45 minutes from start to finish and some consultants have based their entire October show schedule around it.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I wanted to know what everyone's fave recipe to demo is so far this fall selling season??? And what products do you use the most when demoing this recipe???I am trying to add more recipes into my demo repator... however..... I am not sure what is actually a good recipe to demo and what is just a good recipe to fix for your family??? Or if your recipe is not listed go ahead and share it anyways.......

Last edited:
The enchilada thing in the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook. I haven't done it yet but they demoed it at the cluster meeting I just went to.

1. Shows a lot of product.

2. Tastes delicious!

3. Lots you can add to it to add more prducts or food. For example, you can take along your rice cooker and do a spanish rice with it and your executive sauce pan for some beans. There's a whole dinner right there.

How long are your demo's usually lasting??? Mine feel like their forever.... and I am not sure what I am doing wrong!!!

I LOVE the Asian noodles (which I make with chicken) for family dinner. To demo, I'd say the nachos.

For me, definitely the 30 minute chicken!

I have 12 shows in Oct. TOTALLY based on doing the 30 minute chicken as a demo!

I prep the chicken before the show, and just show them the chicken in the DCB, ready to go into the microwave, and then I pop it in at the beginning of the show, then put garlic biscuit bites in the oven, and talk about how easy it is to throw together a salad or do a veggie, and by the time the chicken is out of the micro ~ the biscuits are baked, the side dish is ready, and you have had time to set the table, empty the dishwasher, and start a load of laundry!
And then, your family gets to sit down to REAL FOOD REAL FAST! And you can pat yourself on the back and say "I'm so smart!", and feel good about the fact that your family is eating together, and eating healthy!

I voted on my top choice, but I mostly demo the chocolate bliss stuff this season. I much prefer to demo desserts. JMHO

friday

ChefBeckyD said:

I prep the chicken before the show, and just show them the chicken in the DCB, ready to go into the microwave, and then I pop it in at the beginning of the show, then put garlic biscuit bites in the oven, and talk about how easy it is to throw together a salad or do a veggie, and by the time the chicken is out of the micro ~ the biscuits are baked, the side dish is ready, and you have had time to set the table, empty the dishwasher, and start a load of laundry!
And then, your family gets to sit down to REAL FOOD REAL FAST! And you can pat yourself on the back and say "I'm so smart!", and feel good about the fact that your family is eating together, and eating healthy!

I can totally picture this. Thanks for the words to use! And congrats, Becky, on an awesome upcoming October - looking forward to seeing your name in the Consultant News!!!

dianevill said:
I can totally picture this. Thanks for the words to use! And congrats, Becky, on an awesome upcoming October - looking forward to seeing your name in the Consultant News!!!

You know, it's just never enough!:rolleyes: I KNOW I have a great October coming up, but I've been bumming for the past 2 days about the one show that had to reschedule for Nov.........silly, huh?

Oh - and Leah - this demo makes my whole time about 45 minutes - from start to finish. Not including ordering and chatting after the show!

Diane, that is so true!! I can totally picture doing that! I was going to say Jerk nachos, i havent demoed them but i have made them, and They are sooo easy. But i want to try the chicken. Do you put anything in with the chicken, or just the chicken?? Because the side could be veggies around the chicken, yum!! I do love your idea though Becky, Im totally stealing it!!

ChefBeckyD said:

How do you do the garlic biscuit bites????

feather18 said:
Diane, that is so true!! I can totally picture doing that! I was going to say Jerk nachos, i havent demoed them but i have made them, and They are sooo easy. But i want to try the chicken. Do you put anything in with the chicken, or just the chicken?? Because the side could be veggies around the chicken, yum!! I do love your idea though Becky, Im totally stealing it!!

If you do veggies with the chicken, it's 40 minutes.....but you could do chicken breast instead of a whole chicken, and then it would only take about 15 minutes! I have been using the smoky BBQ rub in place of the paprika in the recipe for the chicken.

oooh yeah!! I have thought about doing chicken breasts!! Man your good! haha.. so the chicken breast, from frozen, or defrosted? If you could take it from frozen, man that would attract me! I really do want to try it. The one thing that draws me back from trying the chicken. is cutting it. i dont know how to carve a chicken!!

ok, I am too chicken (pun intended, hahaha) to put meat in the microwave. Does it really come out good? It doesn't get dry?

Jessica

jchesley said:
ok, I am too chicken (pun intended, hahaha) to put meat in the microwave. Does it really come out good? It doesn't get dry?

Jessica

I haven't done it either...... so that would be my biggest question does it come out dry??

jchesley said:

Jessica

Jessica,

I was the same way! I actually tell this story at my shows:

"Other consultants kept saying how incredible it was, and I kept saying to myself "there is no way it can be that good"! And there is NO WAY I am roasting a chicken in the microwave!
But then I found a whole chicken marked down to $.49 lb....so I thought hey, it will only cost me $2 to ruin a chicken...what have I got to lose? So I took it home, and I tried it. At first I kept waiting for my microwave to explode....but then I started smelling the incredibly yummy smell coming from my microwave. (at this time, they are starting to smell the chicken roasting too), and when it was done - I was honestly expecting a rubber chicken, but what I got instead was the most incredibly moist, falling off the bone, delicious chicken that rivaled any chicken I had ever purchased in the deli! I fed it to my husband for dinner, without telling him how it was made - and he said it was some of the best chicken he had ever had!
Now, I make this for my family at least 2-3 times a month, and seriously, every time I take it out of the microwave, I still look at it and say 'That's Incredible! I can't believe I just made this chicken in the microwave in 30 minutes!" And that is why we call this the Incredible 30 Minute Chicken! I can guarantee that when I serve this chicken to you tonight, you will be saying the same thing!"

I tell this TRUE story at every show!

ChefBeckyD said:
Jessica,

"Other consultants kept saying how incredible it was, and I kept saying to myself "there is no way it can be that good"! And there is NO WAY I am roasting a chicken in the microwave!
But then I found a whole chicken marked down to $.49 lb....so I thought hey, it will only cost me $2 to ruin a chicken...what have I got to lose? So I took it home, and I tried it. At first I kept waiting for my microwave to explode....but then I started smelling the incredibly yummy smell coming from my microwave. (at this time, they are starting to smell the chicken roasting too), and when it was done - I was honestly expecting a rubber chicken, but what I got instead was the most incredibly moist, falling off the bone, delicious chicken that rivaled any chicken I had ever purchased in the deli! I fed it to my husband for dinner, without telling him how it was made - and he said it was some of the best chicken he had ever had!
Now, I make this for my family at least 2-3 times a month, and seriously, every time I take it out of the microwave, I still look at it and say 'That's Incredible! I can't believe I just made this chicken in the microwave in 30 minutes!" And that is why we call this the Incredible 30 Minute Chicken! I can guarantee that when I serve this chicken to you tonight, you will be saying the same thing!"

Cute story!!!

It's an older recipe, but one of my favorites is chicken fajita pizza.. we do it a lot for dinner too ;)

Ok, I'm convinced to make a rubber chicken in the microwave this week. ;) I think if it turns out well you must sell a bunch of the DCB. I love mine but have never sold ANY!

*sorry for the hi-jack*

Jessica

This week I am making jerk chicken nachos........

I want to try the 30 min chicken but my DH does not want me to cook the chicken in the microwave. I need to do it on a day where I can pull it out before he gets home.

Jennie4PC said:
I want to try the 30 min chicken but my DH does not want me to cook the chicken in the microwave. I need to do it on a day where I can pull it out before he gets home.

That is what I did!;) He never knew until after he'd eaten half a chicken :)eek: ) that I had done it in the microwave!:thumbup:

Jennie4PC said:

You could time it just right .... so that it just came out of the microwave as he pulled in the drive way... but he won't be the wiser... men are to dang picky IMO!!!:balloon: :rolleyes:

I've only cooked the 30 minute chicken at home one time. Actually, my microwave is not big enough so I had to cook it at my neighbor's house! I've never demoed it before but after reaing this am thinking I should give it a try.....

I'd probably do the chicken breasts though, b/c I BUTCHER the whole chickens when I try to carve them.

ChefBeckyD said:
Jessica,

I have not made the 30 min chicken - we did it at our cluster meeting a few months ago and it was good. Your post inspired me to go buy a chicken and JUST DO IT! I bake chickens in the DCB all the time (just did one last night) and they are wonderful! Okay, I'm doing it! I'm getting another chicken and I'm doing it this weekend. Then, I am totally stealing your story....well, it is sorta me too :p Thanks for the inspiration.

Now, do you cut the bird too, or just put it all pretty on a platter and let the guests fend for themselves? I too am more of a butcherer than a carver when is comes to chickens.

pamperedlinda said:
I have not made the 30 min chicken - we did it at our cluster meeting a few months ago and it was good. Your post inspired me to go buy a chicken and JUST DO IT! I bake chickens in the DCB all the time (just did one last night) and they are wonderful! Okay, I'm doing it! I'm getting another chicken and I'm doing it this weekend. Then, I am totally stealing your story....well, it is sorta me too :p Thanks for the inspiration.

Now, do you cut the bird too, or just put it all pretty on a platter and let the guests fend for themselves? I too am more of a butcherer than a carver when is comes to chickens.

LOL! Of course, Linda, you would sound like me - it's just like the micro cakes!:D

I put the chicken in the large dots bowl, and slice a little bit of breast to get them started....I have the carving set there for them, and then I just tell them that I will let them help themselves, because they don't want to see that chicken after I've hacked away at it! At most of my shows, they continue picking at the bones until it's all gone!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL! Of course, Linda, you would sound like me - it's just like the micro cakes!:D
Yep! I'm slowly learning that my microwave is good for more than just re-heating food and steaming veggies.

Hi-jack: My Director called me the other day from the grocery store and asked what was my favorite micro-cake and to tell her the ingredients....I said.....excuse me, do you remember who you are talking to? We both had a good laugh on that one!

Hi-jack #2: I made the 10 min BBQ Pork Tenderloin at my show Sunday. It was delicious and everyone was impressed.

end hi-jack.

Last edited:
men picky???"men are to dang picky IMO!!!":confused:
Not all are. I can tell you, there is nothing I like more then trying something new. I like the chicken nachos as it shows many high end tools. The brownies are a favorite just because of the industrial amounts of chocolate in them. They are little too rich for me.

poohritz said:
"men are to dang picky IMO!!!":confused:
Not all are. I can tell you, there is nothing I like more then trying something new. I like the chicken nachos as it shows many high end tools. The brownies are a favorite just because of the industrial amounts of chocolate in them. They are little too rich for me.

Well in my house my husband is the most picky person I know.......... If it is made anyplace other than the US he doesn't' want to use it...shussshhhh he doesn't' know that half of my PC stuff isn't made in the US!! If it is frozen TV dinners he wont' eat and above all... anything cooked in a microwave that is supposed to be mean for the oven in his little pee brained mind... he won't touch...... :grumpy: :yuck: :D :rolleyes: HAHAHA!! If he only knew the half of what I really do.... :rolleyes:

My DH is never picky. He will eat anything I make........and usually likes it!:thumbup: He would be suspicious of a chicken roasted in the microwave, but he would probably try it anyway!

My DH biggest fear is that it wont be cooked all the way

Jennie4PC said:
My DH biggest fear is that it wont be cooked all the way

that is what my DH's biggest fear is too!!!:grumpy:

1. What makes a recipe a good choice for a demo?

A good recipe for a demo should be easy to prepare and use ingredients that are readily available in most households. It should also showcase the products being sold and highlight their unique features or benefits.

2. What is the most popular recipe to demo this fall selling season?

The most popular recipe to demo this fall selling season may vary depending on the region or target audience, but some common choices include pumpkin spice muffins, apple cider sangria, and butternut squash soup.

3. What are some common products used when demoing recipes?

Some common products used when demoing recipes include kitchen tools such as blenders, food processors, and mixers, as well as commonly used ingredients like olive oil, spices, and baking mixes.

4. How do I choose a recipe to demo?

When choosing a recipe to demo, consider the audience and their preferences, as well as the products being sold. Look for recipes that are visually appealing and can be prepared in a short amount of time.

5. Can I use my own family recipes for demos?

Yes, you can definitely use your own family recipes for demos. Just make sure they are easy to prepare and highlight the products you are selling. You can also adapt your family recipes to incorporate the products being demoed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jendill
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
pkd09