• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What in the World Do I Do With This Lady?

In summary, the woman has been trying to book a show with Dannyzmom for months and has had issues with cancellations. Dannyzmom has decided to give her one more chance, but if she cancels again, she will not be able to book dates for her.
Kelly8
Okay, so I had a home office lead back in September for a lady that wanted to sign up as a consultant. After talking with her, she decided that she wanted to host a show first, so we booked one for 10-3. Then she had to cancel because it was her nephew's birthday (she didn't know this in Sept?). So she rebooked for the next weekend. She cancelled that one. I sent out my monthly e-mail newsletter about the pink products, and she e-mailed back asking how she gets involved in this. I replied, "How would you like to be involved? As a consultant or as a customer?" She said both, so I gave her information as both. I didn't hear from her for a while. Then in November, she sends me an e-mail and says that she is interested in hosting and that she hasn't been able to get a hold of me for a while (she never tried!). So I replied back with a couple of available dates. I don't hear back. At my family Christmas party, I get a voicemail from her saying that she went to a show, booked with another consultant :)confused:), but that consultant wasn't calling back and so do I have the 16th or 17th open in January? I get home, and check the website and I have a home office lead, and lo and behold it's her! I just can't believe this woman! Does she want a show or not? I thought about booking her on the date that she wants because as of now it's open, but if I have someone else who wants just booking it with the new customer and telling this lady that something came up. I know that sounds horrible, but I don't want to give this lady another date when i could do a show and have her cancel again. But if i have nothing else going on, then I might as well try to get her to book, right? Weird! What are your thoughts?:grumpy:

I would explain to her that when she cancels dates, that she is leaving YOU unemployed for the night and that you will be happy to schedule her one more time, but that if she cancels again you will not be able to continue reserving dates for her & turning down other customers for that time slot.Then host coach like you've NEVER host coached before to make sure that she keeps the date. :D

I will not hold a date for someone without a guest list. They choose their date & go on my calendar ON A STICKY NOTE. They have 7 days to get me their guest list - once I get their list, the sticky comes out & their info goes on their date in PEN. No list by day 7? I give them a courtesy reminder call and open the date up again.

Dannyzmom, that sounds like a great idea! Two of my hosts have cancelled because in the end they didn't have the guest list they wanted, even after repeated attempts to get their guest list and send for them and being told "nono, I want to do it myself"Kelly, it sounds like she is unsure or unorganized about what she wants. Can you sit down for coffee with her and discuss what situation she's in. That may help you find a good spot for her, wherever that may be... on your team, calendar, or just a contact in your list of customers.

I would try to do this CALL her not e-mail explain the mini kit and have her sign while you are on the phone with her. then book the date in January as her show . We here have been doing there Launch show with them that way they can get trainedduring the show and also get the future bookings to set them up . See how that works now you are pining her down

Shannen, it is my only choice as I need my PC paycheck to survive. I make it very clear to my hosts that this is not a hobby for me - it is not "fun-money" - this is pay the mortgage and feed the family money and i ask that they please respect that when they decide to host a show with me.

I would call her and give up on e-mailing her. She's obviously got issues. AND I don't give anyone a choice about the guest list. They HAVE to give it to me and I send invites. JAE

bless and release this one, sounds like she might have some mental or memory problems. She will be a mess when she signs up. She will be needy and a time and emotional vampire. I have some of these. they blame you when they are not successful. Not worth the drama.

dannyzmom said:
I make it very clear to my hosts that this is not a hobby for me - it is not "fun-money" - this is pay the mortgage and feed the family money and i ask that they please respect that when they decide to host a show with me.

I think this is so smart Carolyn. It sets the tone for a successful show...for everyone involved.

At business networking events, I initially struggled with the 'what do you do' question.....and the all-too-frequent response of "oh, that's nice". Then I started saying "I have my own business; I'm an Independent Consultant for The Pampered Chef." Then I'd smile and add "it's not my hobby, it's my business." It changed the tone of the conversation and kept things on an equal peer-level.

1. What is "What in the World Do I Do With This Lady?"

"What in the World Do I Do With This Lady?" is a cookbook written by Pampered Chef founder, Doris Christopher. It features recipes and tips for using various kitchen tools and gadgets.

2. Is this cookbook only for Pampered Chef products?

No, the cookbook includes recipes and tips that can be used with any kitchen tools or gadgets, not just Pampered Chef products.

3. Are there recipes for every type of kitchen tool?

The cookbook includes a wide variety of recipes for different kitchen tools, but it may not cover every single tool on the market.

4. Can I purchase this cookbook through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "What in the World Do I Do With This Lady?" can be purchased through the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

5. Are there vegetarian or vegan options in this cookbook?

Yes, the cookbook includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions, including vegetarian and vegan options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DEBBI
  • sailortena