• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What happens when a guest cancels an order?

In summary, a consultant shares that one of her guests canceled an order for a roasting pan because her mother had already bought her one. The consultant suggests trying to convince the guest to keep the order and offers to contact the mother to possibly buy the PC one. The consultant also plans to reach out to customers to make up for the lost sale. Other consultants share similar experiences and offer advice on how to handle cancellations. Finally, the consultant suggests trying to get the host to find additional orders to make up for the lost sale.
jhammer22
I had a show on Saturday. The show is closing tomorrow. One guest ordered the Roasting Pan w/ Rack. Today she called me to cancel it because she found out that her mother had already gotten her a roaster pan for a present. That takes the host from $830 in guest sales to $685.

Have you had this happen before? What do you do?

Julie

I am so sorry to hear this! Does she know what kind of roaster pan her mother got her? This one may be better and her mother could always return that one. When it comes to a roaster you want a good one and this one has a LIFETIME warranty! She will never have to replace it. I would call her back and let her know this.

I would like to add to the above, and also let her know that it hurts her friend's show total. Would she like to order something else to replace that sale?

She let me know that she will not be adding to the order. She also stated that she is very hard to buy for so she is going to let her mom go ahead and give this to her.

Also, this takes me from level 1 sell-a-thon to $145 short. This is also my last show of the month. :mad:

Do you have or can you get contact info for the mother?Maybe you can contact her mother to buy the PC one for the guest and she can return the other. Inform the mother of the quality of ours.

I would email or call all your customers and try to drum up $145 in orders. Just be honest and tell them what happened, that you are going for an incentive and your $145 short. People may order just to help you out.

hmmmm that seems funny to me....that she will not replace the order. So somehow she found out that her mother already bought one for her. Ok, but then why wouldn't she just pick out something else?? I think that something else is going on there. Maybe they had a big expense come up and now they are watching their money? Or am I just reading to much into it?

I really believe her story. She said that she has been needing this roaster pan forever and just decided to buy it for herself. She was all excited and told her mom that she finally bought it. Then her mom looked heartbroken because she had bought it for her for Christmas. She said that she is a really hard person to buy for and her mom was so glad that she found something to buy her that she really wanted.

Yes, it sucks, how would I have handled this if I had already submitted the show?

Julie

The guest would just send it back after it came in and get credited for it, right?! From what I hear they don't go back after the host and say ok, your guest sent $$?? back and now you have to pay more since your show wasn't up that high after we gave her the money back.

Yes, Jennifer that happened to me this summer. There was a 96$ order that needed to be cancelled but I didn't know it til after the show was submitted. It was a $1,000 show and it also helped get me the stainless steel bowl that we could earn. I still got my bowl even though the adjustment would have put me under the sales I needed for it and my host still got her $215 free product. Of course all this went on after the show was submitted so my situation was a little different.

Ok. I'm sure this will happen again at some point. Atleast I now know what to do. This guest is just going to be sending me a new check and I will shred the old one.

Too bad you hadn't already sent it in, lol. Then she could have just sent it back for a refund, and you and your host would be where you wanted to be.

Drum up some salesI would definitely try to get the host to try to find some other people who she could get orders from.
If she understands the loss she is taking on this sale, she will probably be more than happy to try to make up the sales. It's not too much. $145 is like 3-4 people ordering.
You could also do as someone else suggested and call past hosts and guests to drum up some sales.

It may be a true story but she is really inconsiderate to not even make up some of the lost sales for her friend. I mean if she bought a $60 item instead of a $145 item, it would still help her friend out. She could even maybe get her mother or friends to place orders for her for Christmas.

That just really upsets me when a guest does that. It throws everything off and also our commission and goals off too. Well hopefully you can salvage this show to get your sell a thon points.
Debbie :D

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I am going to be on the phone today. I did send out an email to try to drum up some sales. I am going to put a $15 item on this show to get the host to $700, but I will submit the rest as my own show. If I'm going to bust my butt to get the sales then I am atleast going to get some host benefits out of it. :) It was still a great show at $700.

Julie

Sorry that happened! I agree with someone else who mentioned to put it out to your other customers. People love to help others out! When they hear you're only $145 away from a goal, they may just put you way over!

Well... technically they only have 3 days from the date of the order placed to cancel their order. If she's already paid you, you technically do not have to cancel her order - she will need to exchange/refund the item after she gets it. You're perfectly within your rights to say "Oh, I'm so sorry, but after 3 days of the order being placed, you'll need to get an adjustment done by the company. Please allow me to help you with that after you receive your products and we'll get it all taken care of for you. UPS will even come pick the item up from you so it's easier for you! Thankfully, you ordered from an awesome company with a wonderful return policy!"

After the 3 day mark, that's totally up to you. :)

So what happens if the customer doesn't pay you and it's past the 3 day mark? I'm in this boat right now. I had a catty show that didn't make. I was going to add the orders with some others I got to make a show, but one of the guests marked "contact for payment" on my website (I wish they would NOT allow this!).

I have tried contacting the "host" and the customer directly several times to collect payment to no avail, and my messages state I need payment to send in the order. I think I'm leaving one more that says if I don't hear by X then I'm going to have to cancel her order. What would y'all do??

lisacb77 said:
So what happens if the customer doesn't pay you and it's past the 3 day mark? I have tried contacting the "host" and the customer directly several times to collect payment to no avail, and my messages state I need payment to send in the order.

I had that happen a couple of times. Fortunately they were both small orders (under $40), so I submitted and covered the cost. One of them sent the money within a week of my submitting, the other took nearly 3 weeks and then asked me not to deposit the check until the day after I received it (things in her account were bouncing and she got paid that day and knew it would clear). I just deposited that check yesterday, so I'm praying that it clears for both our sakes. :eek:

I also had someone call to cancel their order about 30 minutes after I had submitted it. Since I'm still new, I didn't know what to do and sat on hold forever (by choice) to see if it could be cancelled. THANKFULLY it was one of the deep covered bakers that had just been placed on backorder (not yet on stop sell), so after 3 calls to HO I was finally able to cancel it (by then, it was on stop sell).

You still have a couple days next week - while lots of people will be in a buying mood - perhaps (if you have kiddos in school) you could show up early to get yours and if you run into other moms show them the catalog and how great these items are for teachers gifts, etc. Maybe promote even the really inexpensive items to place on top of gifts like small spatula - i know it will take a lot.... but i think you can do it. It if was july or august maybe not... but..... its november -!!!!!

Good luck! Move on and up - don't let this get to you.

lisacb77 said:
So what happens if the customer doesn't pay you and it's past the 3 day mark? I'm in this boat right now. I had a catty show that didn't make. I was going to add the orders with some others I got to make a show, but one of the guests marked "contact for payment" on my website (I wish they would NOT allow this!).

Me, too! That is a pain in the butt!

1. Can I cancel my order after it has been placed?

Unfortunately, once an order has been placed, it cannot be cancelled. Our system processes orders quickly and we are unable to make changes or cancel orders once they have been submitted.

2. How long do I have to cancel my order?

Orders can only be cancelled within the first 30 minutes of being placed. After that time, the order is sent to our warehouse for processing and cannot be cancelled.

3. Can I cancel part of my order?

No, we are unable to cancel only part of an order. If you wish to remove items from your order, you will need to cancel the entire order and place a new one with the correct items.

4. What if I need to cancel my order due to an emergency?

If you have an emergency situation that requires you to cancel your order after the 30-minute window has passed, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. While we cannot guarantee a cancellation, we will do our best to assist you.

5. Will I be charged for a cancelled order?

If your order has already been processed and shipped, you will be responsible for the shipping fees associated with the order. However, if the order has not yet been processed, you will not be charged for the cancellation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies