• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Ideas for Pairing Wine with Food for a Sip and Dip Show?

In summary, the host wanted a wine and cheese show, and the guest didn't want BBQ chicken. The guest suggested cheese and chocolate instead. The guest also suggested a baked brie dish and a pasta dish with red wine.
mom4angela
I KNOW.... ANYTHING... But my host wants a wine and ??? show (doesn't want BBQ chix... said Chix fajitas was okkaay...

Does anyone "do" a Tuscan pizza (preferrably not grilled( show? would that work? If so do you have a recipe?

I'd REALLY like to continue to show case the DCB!

Thanks in advance!

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Cheese and chocolate??

Baked brie ( Dijon baked brie)- easy to make and the lava cake!

cheese & choc!

what about the Penne Pasta al fresca - it's DCB and would go great with a red wine.....love that recipe but be sure to use Penne Mezze (small penne - usually Target has it)

islandgurlchef said:
what about the Penne Pasta al fresca - it's DCB and would go great with a red wine.....love that recipe but be sure to use Penne Mezze (small penne - usually Target has it)

I think this recipe calls for white wine in the recipe. That way there is a bottle already open to serve.

sorry couldn't resist SEX!

Anything... More wine perhaps.

It could be a "wine and dine" show, serving the pasta suggested, love the grilled penne recipe. Then do a cake in the skillet maybe, if you do two recipes. When I do that, I usually have the cake batter prepped ahead and just our into the skillet. Then before putting it in the oven, I show the guests, talk the cookware up, and then move to the demo recipe.But I agree on the "more wine" comment...that was my thought when I saw the thread. Actually I thought, why ruin the wine with something else?! ;)

I look a LOT better after a glass of wine or two.

"Sip and Dip" Show. Make a hot dip ( like hot Artichoke or Pizza) or a couple cold ones with our seasonings.

1. What are some good food pairings for red wine?

Red wine typically pairs well with rich, flavorful foods such as red meats, hearty stews, and aged cheeses. Some specific examples include a juicy steak with a bold Cabernet Sauvignon or a hearty beef stew with a full-bodied Merlot.

2. What foods should I avoid when drinking white wine?

When drinking white wine, it's best to avoid foods that are too acidic or spicy, as they can overpower the delicate flavors of the wine. This includes things like citrus fruits, vinegar-based dressings, and hot peppers. Instead, opt for light, mild flavors such as seafood, creamy pasta dishes, and soft cheeses.

3. Can I pair fish with red wine?

While it is generally recommended to pair fish with white wine, there are some exceptions. Oily, flavorful fish such as salmon or tuna can be paired with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir or Beaujolais. The key is to choose a red wine with low tannins and high acidity.

4. What types of cheese go well with sparkling wine?

Sparkling wine, like Champagne, pairs well with a variety of cheeses. Soft, creamy cheeses such as Brie or Camembert are a classic choice, but hard cheeses like Parmesan or aged Gouda can also complement the bubbles. For a more unique pairing, try a blue cheese, which can balance out the sweetness of the sparkling wine.

5. Is there a specific way to pair wine with desserts?

When pairing wine with desserts, it's important to consider the sweetness level of both the wine and the dessert. A general rule of thumb is to pair sweet wines with sweet desserts and more acidic wines with less sweet desserts. For example, a sweet Riesling would pair well with a fruity tart, while a rich chocolate dessert would pair better with a tawny port or a bold red wine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Meagan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • n8vtxn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookin to the top